neeti
June 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
---------------------------------- -----------------------
A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what
they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They
are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail or other hairstyle
that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with
long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women
whose clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors
around to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their mobile phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking, because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) The time of day men are most likely to attack and rape a woman is in
the early morning, between 5 and 8:30 a.m.
5) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to a second location, where they don't have to worry about getting caught.
6) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3 - 5 year
sentence but rape with a weapon is 15 - 20 years.
7) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because
it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you
isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.
8) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or
other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.
Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the
attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.
9) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following
behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in a lift or stairwell,
look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it, or make general small talk, "I can't believe it is so cold out here, we're In for a bad winter". Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a line-up, you lose appeal as a target.
10) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you
and yell "Stop" or "Stay back!" Most of the rapists talked to said they'd
leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid
to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.

--------------------------------------------------------------

misguidedyouth
June 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM
dont mind niti but IN MY OPENION watever u have posted here are not intresting facts... but creation of some idle brain ... or it is more look like a "forward mail" masala.
would u plz enlight us about the source of ur information?? any link from any news or some reliable site???

neeti
June 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
ravinder .. for u may be it is not a interesting fact.. or a creation of a some idle brain... but for me there is something ..related to human mind in it.. something is there a simple human can think of is specified there .. n u can just go through it..
i m not a politicial or not a aajtak fan.. so this source .. i dont care.
I m just a IT constt. n whatever i like, find sumthing interesting.. i just forward it.. so u just chk whatever is of ur interest u read only that.

itsnavin
June 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Niti ji,
If one goes by your post, it's easy to infer that these rapist are intelligent enough to read girl's mind and they think too much before doing such an act. But this is not case...most of rapists have a sick mentality and they do it in a rush of blood or under drugs. That's why they leave behind vital clues for police to follow up. If they were so intelligent while choosing a victim, they must be clever enough to remove traces after the act.

prashantacmet
June 30th, 2006, 02:25 PM
These lines seems to be perfect for those who have adopted raping as a profession......is there some one in world who is having this profession??...........:D:D

skdca
June 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
It think it is not totally useless information. Girls should keep in mind these points also...

sumanmalik
June 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Invalid profile picture

These lines seems to be perfect for those who have adopted raping as a profession......is there some one in world who is having this profession??...........:D:D

I am not competent enough to comment on the above lines but these posts seem offending to me. I am not sure if anyone of you even understands the meaning of 'rape' as you are so casually making a mockery of it here. Neeti here tried to provide a piece of information that directly deals with 'How a rapist reacts in this situation' also considering the fact that the action is 'impulsive' or done in 'rush of blood'. 'Counter reactive' action is a crucial factor that may avoid a potential rape and it is important to understand some aspects of criminal psychology like as Neeti stated. As rightly stated that these rapists have a sick mentality but they are victimizer and they indeed look for easy targets. I disagree that they attack the victim just like that. In majority of the cases reported, the rapists usually kept a track of the victim or watching them regularly and have an idea that the victim is 'weak'. This happens mostly in 'minor' rape cases. The facts stated by Neeti are research based on rapists’ psychology.

I usually shun commenting on such 'competitive' forum but I find it disturbing to come across such comments.

vijay
June 30th, 2006, 10:00 PM
These facts are psychological and are true pratically too. Every rapist have some psychological problem more or less. The points mentioned by Niti are good and practical.

poonam
June 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I am not sure if anyone of you even understands the meaning of 'rape' as you are so casually making a mockery of it here. Neeti here tried to provide a piece of information that directly deals with 'How a rapist reacts in this situation' also considering the fact that the action is 'impulsive' or done in 'rush of blood'. 'Counter reactive' action is a crucial factor that may avoid a potential rape and it is important to understand some aspects of criminal psychology like as Neeti stated. As rightly stated that these rapists have a sick mentality but they are victimizer and they indeed look for easy targets. This happens mostly in 'minor' rape cases. The facts stated by Neeti are research based on rapists’ psychology.

Agreed in toto.

Another example of a bad misplaced humor!

misguidedyouth
July 1st, 2006, 03:20 AM
Ok my question is to SANDEEP KUMAR, Suman Kadyan-Malik, Vijay Singh, Poonam and off course to Ms. Neeti Hooda……….

First of all neeti hooda posted something very sensitive and referred it as ‘interesting facts’

And replied to me “so u just chk whatever is of ur interest u read only that.”

This topic is under ‘general talk’ so I hope everyone is supposed to put his/her views and so do I

And I just put “my personal opinion” …

Ok whatever she has posted (interesting facts) let’s see….

How many of u personally feels that above statement is correct or else it is just a creation of an idle brain?? And if it is correct is there any statistical data to prove her point???????
If not then
So I hereby say women with ‘sadhana cut’ never been victim, so u has to believe this too.

Ok lets see her point no. 2 & 6

In point no. 2 she said

around to cut clothing.

And in pint no. 6

So you see the contradiction “Many of them carry scissors
Around” and then “Only 2% said they carried weapons”

Plz tell me who on this earth cant use scissors as so called weapons???

(more on point 6)
(3 - 5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15 - 20 years.)

according to my knowledge

if a rape is proved (natural) the sentence is 7 yrs and if rape is (unnatural) the sentence is 10 yrs according to IPC that’s why I asked the authenticity of the link????/

next come point no.4.

the early morning, between 5 and 8:30 a.m.

well for this no need to say anything just google n you will find the timing exactly opposite.

Last but not least just have look on point no. 7

Well every woman put up every kinda fight in such situation!!!
So she can never be a victim
And the culprits must fly away according to your theory.

Then the million-dollar question is why all the culprits whose interview you have published are behind the bars?????
What wrong they have done??

Ms. Neeti whatever you have posted is right or wrong but what it is how do u justify it??

P.S. please don’t take it personally… u r welcome to jatland and u should prepare urself for appreciation as well as for criticism

vijay
July 1st, 2006, 03:59 AM
Ok my question is to SANDEEP KUMAR, Suman Kadyan-Malik, Vijay Singh, Poonam and off course to Ms. Neeti Hooda……….

How many of u personally feels that above statement is correct or else it is just a creation of an idle brain?? And if it is correct is there any statistical data to prove her point???????
If not then
So I hereby say women with ‘sadhana cut’ never been victim, so u has to believe this too.

Well, a haircut shows the frankness and bold nature of a person especially a female. Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox and having the defensive nature and female with short hair are quite bold and agressive. So point is right. No issue about that. Exceptions are everywhere but its a generalized theory so take it granted.

Ok lets see her point no. 2 & 6

In point no. 2 she said

around to cut clothing.

And in pint no. 6

So you see the contradiction “Many of them carry scissors
Around” and then “Only 2% said they carried weapons”

Plz tell me who on this earth cant use scissors as so called weapons???

(more on point 6)
(3 - 5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15 - 20 years.)

according to my knowledge

if a rape is proved (natural) the sentence is 7 yrs and if rape is (unnatural) the sentence is 10 yrs according to IPC that’s why I asked the authenticity of the link????/

A rapist never step out from home thinking about a rape but its circumstances in which he just want to take advantage and scissors is the thing which is available at everywhere and and is the best tool for them.

There is no hard and fast rule about 7 years and 10 years according to IPC but it varies from situation to situation and the proof submitted in the court.

Last but not least just have look on point no. 7

Well every woman put up every kinda fight in such situation!!!
So she can never be a victim
And the culprits must fly away according to your theory.

A man alone, how much stronger he maybe, can't rape a female if she have courage to defend herself. If there are more than one rapist the things are different.

But most of the rape victims just gave up on when they see situation is against them and have no courage to fight

rajeshrathee
July 1st, 2006, 05:12 AM
First of all we should encourage everyone to be
continously interactive on these forums. Whatever she is posted is some facts which she has put in for keeping in mind but these "interviews" or view taken are might be from other country. As per crime data, In India most of the rapes were committed by known persons.

Secondly date rapes is a different phenomenon where mostly drugs are used to rape the date.

Another thing, the punishment of rapes is same i.e 7 years to more and if a weapon is used then there is different separate punishment which may go concurrently.

And yes if you have sexual contact with a girl below 16, even if with her consent then its RAPE, and if you do it with your wife against her wish still its rape.

ritu
July 1st, 2006, 06:20 AM
Agreed in toto.

Another example of a bad misplaced humor!

sahi kaha poonam

misguidedyouth
July 1st, 2006, 09:49 PM
Well, a haircut shows the frankness and bold nature of a person especially a female. Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox and having the defensive nature and female with short hair are quite bold and agressive. So point is right. No issue about that. Exceptions are everywhere but its a generalized theory so take it granted.

according to Mr vijay "Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox ......."

(may be female members who have long hair please keep your orthodox views away)

anyway

so lets start from our goddess e.g. durga, kali, laxmi, etc...,, then lets jump to bollywood rekha, hema, sush, ash.... and then on political ground .. 'priyadarshini' i.e. indira gandhi was long haired upto she was established, and wat bout menka gandhi, mamta banerjee, renuka choudhary, Rabri devi, phoolan devi, sushma swaraj, jaylalitha or wat bout P.T. usha, sania mirza, anjali bhagwat, anju bobby george, and then lets see Kalpana Chawala, and all the models in fashion industry and there are numerous exampels of long hair ladies .....

so Mr. Vijay's saying "Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox" and according to him females with shorter hair can not be victim,
is totally wrong. and there are thousands of another examples to prove that.

and do u have any data to prove that rape cases are related to hair style????????????

A rapist never step out from home thinking about a rape but its circumstances in which he just want to take advantage and scissors is the thing which is available at everywhere and and is the best tool for them.

There is no hard and fast rule about 7 years and 10 years according to IPC but it varies from situation to situation and the proof submitted in the court.

well according to u "scissors is the thing which is available at everywhere and and is the best tool for them"

Many of them carry scissors

i.e it is the best weapon then u say

6) Only 2% said they carried weapons"

plzzzzzz Vijay Ji justify this contardiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(many of them carry scissors and scissors are weapon and only 2% carried weapons)

confusing enough isnt, it???

"
isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming."

well almost everyone fight then there sundnt be any rape cases!!!!!!!

according to u there is no hard n fast rule for " 7 & 10 yrs" statement and is depand on case to case whereas 3-5 & 15-20 yrs sentance is Generalized !!!!!!!!

and then again some bullshit

"
the early morning, between 5 and 8:30 a.m."

is there any data prove this so called FACT?????????

or we just have to believe all the sensitive matters just b'coz they r sensitive inspite of truth n facts & figures????????????

vijay
July 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
according to Mr vijay "Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox ......."

so lets start from our goddess e.g. durga, kali, laxmi, etc...,, then lets jump to bollywood rekha, hema, sush, ash.... and then on political ground .. 'priyadarshini' i.e. indira gandhi was long haired upto she was established, and wat bout menka gandhi, mamta banerjee, renuka choudhary, Rabri devi, phoolan devi, sushma swaraj, jaylalitha or wat bout P.T. usha, sania mirza, anjali bhagwat, anju bobby george, and then lets see Kalpana Chawala, and all the models in fashion industry and there are numerous exampels of long hair ladies .....

so Mr. Vijay's saying "Females with long hairs are considered as orthodox" and according to him females with shorter hair can not be victim,
is totally wrong. and there are thousands of another examples to prove that.

and do u have any data to prove that rape cases are related to hair style????????????

Well,

I said in a generalized manner but not specific. The women you mentioned are/were not just normal femeles but they are/were celebrities. Do u think anybody have courage to rape a well known politician or a superstar actress ?????

And pls read my post again i never said that females with shorter hair can not be a rape victim. Read again.

I will be glad if u put forward some relevent data on that :)

misguidedyouth
July 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Well,

And pls read my post again i never said that females with shorter hair can not be a rape victim. Read again.

so you agree hair style has nothing to do while choosing a victim.
if you see around you may notice that no. of females with short hair are less than the no. of females with longer hair. so there may less incidents with them, thats all.

as u said "Every rapist have some psychological problem more or less." and then by mr. raj " As per crime data, In India most of the rapes were committed by known persons." so a person who can not see the age, can not see the relations, can not see the consequences and then u r saying
"FIRST THING THEY SEE IS HAIRSTYLE"

isn't humor misplaced, poonam??

I will be glad if u put forward some relevent data on that :)

why should I?? data should be put forward by the starter of the thread or by those who believe in these "INTERESTING FACTS".

and wat about ... scissors are weapons, many of them carry scissors and only 2% carry weapons. so eaither point no. 2 or no. 6 sud be omitted. then 3-5 yrs n then 15-20 yrs sentence which is completely WRONG.

all these "INTERESTING FACTS" are misinforming people. and supporting baseless rumours.