PDA

View Full Version : How many Army NCO/JCOs here?

vinodks
June 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Hi all,
I wanted to start a thread of Non-commissioned or Junior Commissioned officers/soliders in Jatland. Most of the people I see here are commissioned officers and we see only their point of view in discussion on Armed forces. NCO/JCOs might not even have access to internet. Since I have family background of mostly JCOs, I grew up with certain point of view on Indian Army. Most of the soliders whom I intracted with in my life show slightly unfavorable opnions of officers in Army. I could go into specific examples but I guess some of you might know what I am talking about. Officers have supreme control over progress report of juniors and juniors end up being "chaamcha" for the sake of promotion, the food for common soldiers is not at all platable... I ate worst roti and daal in army mess, there is also corruption in engineering corps etc. Sometimes the environment is infested with internal politics, sense of patriotism is not foremost sentiment despite of whats being portrayed in media, civil people (specially in south india) are ignorant of ways of life in Army...
What do learned people think about it?

-vinod