PDA

View Full Version : System Security restricted Admin

dahiyasaab
July 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Hi all, Actually I am facing now a days problem related to system security, I am having one trainee under me & that chap had implied a security feature that Run only allowed applications & in that he has just given explorer.exe and after that closed that console now the problem is that administrator even cannot run cmd, regedit, regedt32, mmc, any other application, I searched for command line utility to reset the system security but that too has not helped me I am able to run this utility & it was sucessfully completed but the problem is as it is. what should I do know, I know last resort is to re-install the OS, but is there any jugaad ? System has a dual boot XP/Srv2003, Machine is P-IV, 512 MB, 40 GB !!!!

Reply ASAP !!

sejwaldeepak
July 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
aur le panga us bechare junior tei.. tanne kuch na kuch kahi hogi ustei..:D yar ibb system sami ho to kuch jugaad lagaan ki sochen bhi.. anyway ek try kar le.. jo console us andi ne banaya hai , usne dhundh kade si save karya tha.. and delete kar ke dekh le ek bei.. may be chaal ja.

dndeswal
July 8th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Try this:

- Click “Start” – “Programmes” – “Accessories” – “System Tools” – “System Restore”.

- “Click “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and press “next’ button.

- Choose a date when this guy was not working under you and follow instructions.

Your problem will most probably be solved. But some of your works or files or downloaded programmes, bookmarks etc., which were created after that date, would be lost. So, before doing this, better save your documents etc. on an external device.

dahiyasaab
July 10th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I forget to mention that I tried tht System restore option too, he has applied security feature that will allow only applicatrions mentioned in it & other than that it is giving error of restriction. We have to find some jugaad as I cannot even enter in registery & that chap has not saved the console also. There is an option of poledit, I know thru which you can access your policy over the network but that too is giving restriction !!!