PDA

View Full Version : Doodh with khichdi

chhikaragreat
July 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
how many of you are actually aware of jats having doodh with khichdi!?

To my surprise....i met so many jats who would eat khichdi with dahi and are even not aware that it could be with doodh as well. A process or mix that I have been eating since my childhood is not that famous or common amond jats to my surprise.

It's not Harayana, delli, rajasthan or UP difference.....as to me doodh with khichdi comes only from Haryana. But a lot of jats from harayana also dont familarise with this dish!

I mean I have always enjoyed it; not sure how many of you would!

monikadahiya
July 9th, 2006, 02:53 AM

To my surprise....i met so many jats who would eat khichdi with dahi and are even not aware that it could be with doodh as well. A process or mix that I have been eating since my childhood is not that famous or common amond jats to my surprise.

It's not Harayana, delli, rajasthan or UP difference.....as to me doodh with khichdi comes only from Haryana. But a lot of jats from harayana also dont familarise with this dish!

So true chhikara bhai,

manne bhi kha rakha sai kai baar... jib bhi gaam mein jaate the te maami khilaya karti.. khichdi ghee doodh...hehehe muh mein paani aa gya :D :D ...

ritu
July 9th, 2006, 03:32 AM
i have eaten it so many times doodh with kichadi but kichadi with dahi tastes always better than this

dahiyarules
July 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I have been having khichdi with milk for as long as I can remember.

I have raw oatmeal (do not boil it. I like it raw) with milk every morning. It starts my day and is the secret behind my excellent metabolism.

itsnavin
July 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Jordaar combination hai...Thandi khichdi ho arr dhoodh garam ho..pher ke baat hai!! I think this recipe purely belongs to Haryana...there are no traces of it in UP and Rajasthan.

sunitahooda
July 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Good combination...Khichdi with doodh or Dahi...but i like Khichdi with lots of Ghee

ritu
July 11th, 2006, 08:06 AM
hmmm now i can relate why your comments have that rukhapan sometimes .its not you it might be that raw oatmeal making you write so.hahhahahahah i was kidding only:p :p :p
I have been having khichdi with milk for as long as I can remember.

I have raw oatmeal (do not boil it. I like it raw) with milk every morning. It starts my day and is the secret behind my excellent metabolism.

vijay
July 11th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Jordaar combination hai...Thandi khichdi ho arr dhoodh garam ho..pher ke baat hai!! I think this recipe purely belongs to Haryana...there are no traces of it in UP and Rajasthan.

You are wrong naveen Bhai,

Rajasthan and Punjab ke log bhi doodh and khichdi khate hain.

As i basically belongs to Rajasthan and we used to eat doodh and khichdi there. There is no Haryana speciality in this recipe. Its common among all Jats.

My favourite is khichdi with ghee. yummy...........

msingh
July 11th, 2006, 12:18 PM
i also like kichadi with dahi and acchar what a combination...
maine te bahhut badiya lage see
arr raho doodh aur lichadi uss ki te baat he ke see....

arr woh bhool ge tham chane ki daal ki kichadi ,,,,arr uppar te tapka doo desi ghee
wah wah

dahiyarules
July 11th, 2006, 01:01 PM
hmmm now i can relate why your comments have that rukhapan sometimes .its not you it might be that raw oatmeal making you write so.hahhahahahah i was kidding only:p :p :p

hehehe! very funny!

roopak
July 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
hey guys hav u ever tried baazre ki baasi khichdi with milk and loads of sugar .......its a deadly combination........................ji saa ajya se naam sunde hi!

sunitahooda
July 11th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Yes....baajrey ki khichdi ...but with lassi(seet) n also with Ghee....i dont like salty mixed with sugar/sweet....my Maa love these funny combos:) and she would say.....rotti ka ke khana noon dhar kai kha le.....when we used to throw tantrums at Ghiya/Tauri/teendey ki sabzi:D
hey guys hav u ever tried baazre ki baasi khichdi with milk and loads of sugar .......its a deadly combination........................ji saa ajya se naam sunde hi!

itsnavin
July 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM
You are wrong naveen Bhai,

Rajasthan and Punjab ke log bhi doodh and khichdi khate hain.

As i basically belongs to Rajasthan and we used to eat doodh and khichdi there. There is no Haryana speciality in this recipe. Its common among all Jats.

My favourite is khichdi with ghee. yummy...........

May be you are true about Rajasthan. May be the guys whom I was in touch with didn't know this concept. They always talked about Bajre ki khichdi and ghee...

sunitahooda
July 11th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Navin you are also right as Bajrey khichdi can be taken with Ghee/Dhoodh/lassi/dahi....
May be you are true about Rajasthan. May be the guys whom I was in touch with didn't know this concept. They always talked about Bajre ki khichdi and ghee...

devdahiya
July 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Bajjre ki seelli kheechaddi garam duudhh ke saath arr garam kheechaddi nekhaddu duudhh ke saath.......deadly combination. also with tazzi dahi in the morning.

puneetsheoran
July 11th, 2006, 05:48 PM
My ma always says:

Khichdi ke hain char yaar
ghee, dahi, pappad aur achaar.

sunitahooda
July 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Puneet kyu naye-naye tareekey batave sai...mai aaj hi try maarungi....ye 4 cheej:) nice combos:p
My ma always says:

Khichdi ke hain char yaar
ghee, dahi, pappad aur achaar.

puneetsheoran
July 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Puneet kyu naye-naye tareekey batave sai...mai aaj hi try maarungi....ye 4 cheej:) nice combos:p

He he. It is a tried and testing formula. Try kar liye behna aur pher bateye ak kaise laga.