PDA

View Full Version : need help - Network

mittu
July 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
i am in a LAN n i am posioning cache, for ARP @ 18 sec.
last time my network got chocked n server got DOWN :p, what should i do to prevent this?

sanjay22dahiya
July 18th, 2006, 02:17 PM
not getting your problem.Plz explain in detail

mittu
July 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM
i am poisoning cache of router of our lan, i was doing it at rate of 18seconds.
wen last time i was doing this thing, network traffic increased which resulted in chocking of LAN, n server went down. now my question is how can i check network traffic?

dahiyasaab
July 20th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I think you can use V-lan to avoid such problems but I am not able to get what exactly you want from your router i.e. what should be its behaviour after changes made by you. You know after all a machine cannot act as efficiently as router ? I just want to know that u r using it for MAC flooding, or you want your machine to effectively become a master hub for all information moving throughout the network. Please provide some more clarification :confused: :confused: :confused: . Anyway I hope making V-lan :) will restrict broadcast to members.

mittu
July 21st, 2006, 01:20 AM
ankur, it was just that i was hijacking the lan traffic, so, i need to make fool of router to tell him to send all packets again to mac id. dats it.
for this all i need is a gud free or cracked network analyzer. nyways thanks.

aabhisheksirohi
July 21st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Is this what you are trying brother ?

http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-02/bh-us-02-convery-switches.pdf

Anyway not enough explanation from your end to understand the case.

mittu
July 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM
there are sum issues with this link, cant open it, i hope it will be fine later, yeah i am doing layer 2 hacking, but is there any way to measure lan traffic without being server, if there is a software pls gimme a link.

aabhisheksirohi
July 22nd, 2006, 12:44 PM
Brother, in case you have problem with link give ya email id.

Well there are numbers of layer 2 hacking tools . Check out if you have any...you may require these tools for layer 2 hacking as most of them are compitable on Cisco products.

Maa Tec Network Analyzer , Dsniff ,Sniffit ,NGSSniff ,WinDNSSpoof ,Sunsniff ,Gobbler ,
Snort ,PTraf

For (DDOS) Denial of Service following tools are available

Tribe Flow Network (TFN) , Stacheldraht, Kaiten, Trinity

DDOS hacking tools are Jolt2 , Targa

Intrusion detection tools are

Snort 2.1.0, Symantec ManHunt, SnoopNetCop Standard

Tools to breach Firewall

007 shell, ICMP shell, AckCmd

mittu
July 22nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
hacking layer 2 network or breeching firewalls is not an issue with me, my concerns are with network traffic which increases when you poison cache memory of router, As u know in a router enabled network all packets go to there specific mac id which is decided by routing tables, to receive all packets to your machine you have to poison routers to send copy of all packets to your machine, which increases network traffic considerably.
To analyze the traffic so the situation of crossing buffer limit of router is avoided.
thanks for your efforts bro,
smartymeet@gmail.com

mittu
July 22nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
i want this tool which can analyze the network traffic.