PDA

View Full Version : After surgery if we drink milk, Pus will form-a myth

dahiyars
July 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Dear All

I am confronting this problem for the last 20 years. I operate upon a case and patients stop taking milk thinking that pus will form in the stitches. They come after a month or so and ask," Doctor sahib doodh pee layun? I counter question- Who asked to stop milk? Answer is," jee urey gaam mai kahveny tthe. Who says? why this myth is travelling still in rural Haryana? I donot know. If you know please enlighten me.

R.S.Dahiya

cooljat
July 10th, 2006, 10:38 PM
thanks uncle for this very useful info

rock on
Jit

ritu
July 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
yes even i heard the same and even i have taken this precaution so many times.but i am sure there might be some connection and i am a strong believer of these dadi ma ke nushke kind of thing.there is a strong evidence milk produces more cough there might be some connection there with pus also.

Dear All

I am confronting this problem for the last 20 years. I operate upon a case and patients stop taking milk thinking that pus will form in the stitches. They come after a month or so and ask," Doctor sahib doodh pee layun? I counter question- Who asked to stop milk? Answer is," jee urey gaam mai kahveny tthe. Who says? why this myth is travelling still in rural Haryana? I donot know. If you know please enlighten me.

R.S.Dahiya