PDA

View Full Version : appreciating vs complaining

ritu
July 11th, 2006, 08:34 PM
yesterday we went to a friends house to attend a pooja
there one swamji was preaching about love god death honesty.most of the people were waiting the pooja to get over so that they can start chatting.but there was a woman very young 27-28 yr old who was listening to each and every word with so much interest .I got little bit curious then i asked the host who is she who then told me her name.her name itself explained me everything.I have heard about her that she recently got diagnosed with colon cancer and she is undergoing chemotherapy.later i spoke to her and she told me that her faith in god is helping her to take it positively and she said i know i am going to be allright.at that moment i realized we waste all our lives complaining for the things we do not get but forget appreciating what we have .she has a 2 yr old very cute daughter and i can see that lady hugging her daughter after every minute.

puneetsheoran
July 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
yesterday we went to a friends house to attend a pooja
there one swamji was preaching about love god death honesty.most of the people were waiting the pooja to gat over so that they can start chatting.but there was a woman very young 27-28 yr old who was listening to each and every word with so much interest .I got little bit curious then i asked the host who is she who then told me her name.her name itself explained me everything.I have heard about her that she recently got diagnosed with colon cancer and she is undergoing chemotherapy.later i spoke to her and she told me that her faith in god is helping her to take it positively and she said i know i am going to be allright.at that moment i realized we waste all our lives complaining for the things we do not get but forget appreciating what we have .she has a 2 yr old very cute daughter and i can see that lady hugging her daughter after every minute.

Rituji, we human's are like that. jo cheez apne paas nahi hai us ki chinta main khoye rahte hain aur jo paas hai uski taraf dhyan nahi dete. We take things that we have for granted and do not pay enough attention and only see things that we don't have or want to have.

Mujhe Nida Fazli ka ek sher yaad aa raha hai, that sums it up quite well:

duniyaa jise kahate hai.n jaaduu kaa khilonaa hai
mil jaaye to miTTii hai kho jaaye to sonaa hai

ritu
July 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
duniyaa jise kahate hai.n jaaduu kaa khilonaa hai
mil jaaye to miTTii hai kho jaaye to sonaa hai
sahi bat kahi h

raj2rif
July 11th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Dear Ritu Ji and Sheoran Ji,
Absolutely right. It reminds me of
"I complained, I had no shoes, till I saw one without feet".

We need to thank God for what we have. There are many unfortunate ones who don't even have what we have. If we get this right, there will be less problems in life.

I pray to God Almighty for that lady's recovery, and good health. May God cure her ailment and give her a long, happy and prosperous life.

dahiyarules
July 12th, 2006, 12:13 AM
A few days ago I nearly got hit by a pickup truck while I was on my motorcycle. The next thing I did was I went home and purchased a insurance policy.

I am an atheist. I derive my strength from the fact that its my way or the highway. I never give in to problems in my life. But, I respect those people who derive their strength from god and religion. Anything that motivates you and gives you a reason to take life by the horns is fine with me.

I do not do what I will do if I were diagnosed with cancer. I take all the precautions. Forget about smoking or drinking, I throw the doctors prescription in the trash can on the way out of the clinic (hardly need to see a doctor in the first place). But, one thing is for sure. If I were diagnosed with cancer, I will double up my pace in life. With the finish line closer the race will be over in no time with more laps to cover than ever before. There are certain things I have on my checklist that I want to do. I am sure I will try to do each of them unless the timer runs out.

I do not know this woman. But, let me extend my well wishes to her. Whether she makes it or not, she must know that shes a winner since she still has her hopes high.

ritu
July 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
thanks tevatia ji and sumit for ur best wishes for her.she is a very brave lady .i know strong will power and faith can do wonders.she has not told any body in her family except her mom that she has cancer.she called her mom here by telling here that she has to undergo some surgery.her mom is here from last six months and will go in sept back to india once her daughter chemo is over.

A few days ago I nearly got hit by a pickup truck while I was on my motorcycle. The next thing I did was I went home and purchased a insurance policy.

I am an atheist. I derive my strength from the fact that its my way or the highway. I never give in to problems in my life. But, I respect those people who derive their strength from god and religion. Anything that motivates you and gives you a reason to take life by the horns is fine with me.

I do not do what I will do if I were diagnosed with cancer. I take all the precautions. Forget about smoking or drinking, I throw the doctors prescription in the trash can on the way out of the clinic (hardly need to see a doctor in the first place). But, one thing is for sure. If I were diagnosed with cancer, I will double up my pace in life. With the finish line closer the race will be over in no time with more laps to cover than ever before. There are certain things I have on my checklist that I want to do. I am sure I will try to do each of them unless the timer runs out.

I do not know this woman. But, let me extend my well wishes to her. Whether she makes it or not, she must know that shes a winner since she still has her hopes high.

vijay
July 12th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I too had an accident two weeks ago when i was on my bike and lost my concentration as i was upset about something. Believe me, i think only GOD saved my life, if there was any vehicle behind me, my dead body would have been scratched only from the road after that. I am really thankful to Almighty GOD and believe that HE is always with me and take care of me.

HE again just saved me from ruining my life myself too.

May GOD bless that brave lady who have such a courage.

poonam
July 12th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Its not that we are not aware of what is what, just that we forget the real purpose in life getting too much entangled in the trivial worldly trifle and then one fine day a jolt in the adverse circumstances opens our eyes, isn't it..:)

spdeshwal
July 12th, 2006, 06:22 AM
You are absolutely right Rituji! Strong will power and faith lighten the pain and burden of uncertainities.

My youngest brother died of cancer at the age of 35. He remained hospitalised in Rajiv Gandhi cancer institute for exactly one year( 27-01-2000 to 27-01-2001). From the day one he had occupied a bed from where he could see a big park, grazing cattles, Kids playing Cricket, elderly people taking morning and evening walks, speeding vehicles on the road along the park.
He would never cover himself with a white sheet or blanket. He had complete faith in the doctors attending on him. He would prefer our cousin as his attendant as he was capable of making him laugh in the heavy atmosphear of a cancer ward. All in all he always believed that he was going to be cured completely. He had that rare positive attitude. More than anything else he believed in God.
I Remember my last meeting. I could see the end that was very close. I was not able to look in his eyes.He also knew by then that the end was near. This was the day before he breathed his last. I looked in his eyes for a moment and said, " Bhai aapne aap ko Bhaghwan ke haathon mein sonp de". Dhillassa dilane ke liye mere paas aur koi sabd nahin the.
Believe me dear jatlanders, he was so calm and composed on hearing my words. He didn't show any sign of fear. He accecpted his fate gracefully as a will of God.

Sateypal

devdahiya
July 12th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Its not that we are not aware of what is what, just that we forget the real purpose in life getting too much entangled in the trivial worldly trifle and then one fine day a jolt in the adverse circumstances opens our eyes, isn't it..:)

True Poonam bebey.........that is the irony.

skarmveer
July 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Hum sabhi Jatlander oos lady kee fast recovery kee prarthana kartey hai.

Bhagwan oosey sukh or shakti dey.

Jo Bhee Janam leta hai oosey ak din jarur jana padta hai yahi such hai fir dar
kis bat ka. Martu he atal satya hai.

Karmveer

stokas
July 15th, 2006, 01:01 AM

Very true!!

God bless that young lady (Eventhough, I don't believe in God)!!

misguidedyouth
July 15th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Very true!!

God bless that young lady (Eventhough, I don't believe in God)!!

well u dont believe in god its ok but u sud better wish her to bless by someone whom u believe. may b ur parents, teachers, elders whom u respect, any spritual powered person or may b urself...

plzz dont mind but i didnt like ur statement. (just my personal opinion on ur comment plz dont take it otherwise)

hamendra
July 17th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Duniya Walo....kyo Hai Yahaan Nafrat?
Paisa,sona,chandi Ki Itni Chahat?

Kahi Kattal ......kahi Lootmar?
Zulm Ka Raj...shanti Ki Haar?

Hum Yahaan Hai Bus Din Chaar
2 Roti Mile Roz To Kya Bus Nahi Yaar??

sjakhars
July 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Its all about your faith in the almighty. He blesss us with tolerance and power to come over from this kind of situations.

May god bless that brave lady.
I wish her a speedy recovery.