PDA

View Full Version : Indians with Rare will power

rkumar
July 26th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Dear Friends,

I am starting a thread where we can post the stories of some rare Indian individuals who did something really great inspite of having hardly any resources. I am starting the thread with the story of Dasrath Manjhi. This is how the story has been reported in HT.
.................................................. .............................................
Man who moved a mountain

Vijay Swaroop and IANS

Patna, July 25, 2006

A frail old man had just entered the chief minister's durbar when Nitish Kumar looked up. The man at the helm of affairs stood up and offered his chair. After all, he was standing face to face with Dasrath Manjhi, the man who had moved a mountain.

At 60, Manjhi is a legend --- he dug a 3 km long passage through a mountain, with a hammer, a chisel and his bare hands, to connect his village, Gahluar, to civilisation. It took him 22 years but he succeeded. If the Taj Mahal is Shah Jahan's tribute to his wife, the road that Manjhi built--- it cut the time for people to travel to the next village from six hours to one -- is his memorial to his wife, who died because he could not take her to a nearby hospital in time. Now, the road he built has been introduced in the state’s road construction programme. The government has fulfilled its promise to grant Manjhi five acres of land.
.................................................. .................................................. ..

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1753064,0035.htm

RK^2

desijat
July 26th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Gr8 Example of will and courage...... I hope everyone of us can have the same willand courage like Mr.Manjhi and can work for the betterment of society :)

devdahiya
July 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hats off to the man....A great feet indeed!

monikadahiya
July 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
that man is really great and worthy of respect.:)

when i told my ghar aala ke dekho, husband apni biwion ke liye kya kya nahi karte.. he said " begum, aap mar ke toh dikhao, hum toh 10 taj mahal are 10 roads banwa denge". hahahahah aajkal ke chorre :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rohittewatia
July 26th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Shukr hai kih tau key raaste main aik parvaat thaah, agaar himalaya parvaat houta toh, tau vobhi khoud dalta....

Tau key iraade foulaad sey bhi majboot haiin.