PDA

View Full Version : problem with net surfing

sydjat
July 28th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Ever since installing ZA Security Suite I am unable to surf the Internet properly. The trouble is once I connect (I only have dial-up access), I am able to open the homepage of any website (news.com.au, ncac.gov.au, samachar.com, etc), but once the homepage is up if I click on any of the links they do not open up. I am running XP-OS and using IE as my browser. I have tried completing uninstalling and then reinstalling ZA-SS but the problem persists.

Another strange problem is after installing ZA-SS I am not able to open gmail all together. Would downloading another browser like Mozilla-Firefox or Avant help?

I am not running any other security software on the PC apart from ZA-SS. I was running Norton anti-virus but have uninstalled.

The ISP tech support recommended disabling anti-virus software which I think is just downright dumb.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

misguidedyouth
July 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Ever since installing ZA Security Suite I am unable to surf the Internet properly. The trouble is once I connect (I only have dial-up access), I am able to open the homepage of any website (news.com.au, ncac.gov.au, samachar.com, etc), but once the homepage is up if I click on any of the links they do not open up. I am running XP-OS and using IE as my browser. I have tried completing uninstalling and then reinstalling ZA-SS but the problem persists.

Another strange problem is after installing ZA-SS I am not able to open gmail all together. Would downloading another browser like Mozilla-Firefox or Avant help?

I am not running any other security software on the PC apart from ZA-SS. I was running Norton anti-virus but have uninstalled.

The ISP tech support recommended disabling anti-virus software which I think is just downright dumb.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

well dont know much about ZA-SS. may b u can try some hit n trial methods.

just see if there is some option to unblock pop-ups or try disabling the pop-up blocker in IE.
wat if u right click on a link and open in new window?? is it opening??

well as far as changing the browser i like opera 9 the most. just check it out.

r u using anytype of firewall??

just say for example xp use its own firewall

control panel -> (double click) windows firewall -> (click) Exceptions -> {just see in programs and services IE is not unchecked} or click on add program and add IE.

all the best

mittu
July 29th, 2006, 05:08 AM
zone alarm is a firewall, which prevents processes to connect to internet, you have to allow the programs which you want to be connected to internet like iexplorer.exe for IE and ypager.exe for yahoo messenger, like this you have to unblock 3rd party cookies for using gmail.

sydjat
July 31st, 2006, 06:14 AM
Thank you to both Ravinder and Amit. I will try your suggestions and see how I go.