PDA

View Full Version : Frank Confessions

navingulia
July 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I felt like having a small frank conversation with self and sharing it too. The intention is only to share with those who want to. Please don’t appreciate me or discourage me for my very human characteristics.

Frank Confessions

1. Am I proud?
Ans - Yes, Very. I find a strength in my pride. It is because of my pride I don’t accept defeat. It gives me the strength to fight odds, face challenges and win. My pride disciplines me too. I know it may project a wrong image of me at times but the plusses hugely overweigh the negatives.

2. Am I arrogant?
Ans - Towards some things which deserve it and are best handled with arrogance, yes I am. But I am a worshipper of human emotions. I identify with human emotions and flow with them. I will never intentionally hurt anyone for my arrogance. When I am tired, fatigued and exhausted I use my arrogance, frustration, desperation, anger and all negative feelings to give me energy and spur me on.

3. Do I lie?
Ans - As a principal, NO. At a time when a small lie doesn’t harm anyone and helps some one, maybe. Un-necessarily? No way! I confess in the past I might have lied out of fear too but I think I am pretty happy with the extent to which I am away from it and the efforts I am putting in that direction.

4. Corruption to have my way?
Answer - No, nothing that is mine belongs to me. I need little to survive and what I do, I get from around me, some small jobs, some pension and some freelancing. To have my way? No, if I deserve to come last, let me come last.

5. Jealousy?
Ans - If I say jealousy doesn’t try to enter my mind, I will be lying. But definitely I will never let it affect my action/behavior/thoughts/opinion. I feel jealousy is a very human feeling and if we say that jealousy never even tries to come to us, either we are lying or we arenot realising it.

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - I feel the best thing I have realised in recent past 4-5 years is that hatred and dislike hurts you yourself more than it hurts any one else (not at least the person towards whom it is intended). I try to keep myself as much away from these emotions as possible.
If you shout at some one your energy and anger goes out but if you keep quiet, you can work for hours using that energy without getting tired.

7. Temptations?
Ans - How can I say I don’t get tempted. :-) Life tempts me. Sometimes I am enjoying being tempted, sometimes I am enjoying succumbing to it. Important rule – temptations shouldn’t infringe with some one’s sentiments i.e. hurt some one.
Though I am pretty disciplined about eating habbits and excercises/health, I am sure people wouldn’t be bothered about these temptations of mine. Temptation to crime? No. Since I have no real religious affiliation, my definition of a crime is – ‘intentionally hurting some one’. In fact, this is the law, which governs all my activities.
I say, “If I ever say that I am not tempted, take it that I am lying irrespective of what I say but if I say I have not succumbed to a particular temptation or that I have, trust me.”

8. Am I frank to discussing any topic?
Ans – Personally? Yes. Publicly? Yes, but I do consider the fact that would my discussion add to the harmony around or to disharmony. If discussing it helps, I do, else I don’t. I am not a news channel trying to create sensation.

9. Appreciation, love and publicity – do I want them/crave for them?
Ans – I am a human, I desire love and appreciation. But only for my efforts, hard work and results. Love and appreciation means a lot to all of us, so let us share this love and appreciation for each other with each other. Very Important – Craving for appreciation cannot make us do things. You cannot climb Everest to get appreciation; you have to love doing it. Every successful man has reached where he has because he loved doing what he did.

Besides this I would like to state, “My passion for life and work motivates me and drives me. I don’t and won’t let anything interfere with these two passions of mine, because these passions are my existence. If they don’t exist, I don’t”.

sunitahooda
July 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Such a nice thread Navin....i'll reply to it....after sometime:)

sunitahooda
July 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Frank Confessions

1. Am I proud?
Ans - One can see and feel Pride in everything i do/say/think as i think this is the subtance of my personality. It makes me live happily and make me realize that i am a very reasonable human being. It makes me feel out of the crowd and everything i do with PRIDE in my STRIDE i feel I AM ALIVE

2. Am I arrogant?
Ans - At times when it really requires and especially when i am dealing with other arrogant persons. I at times use it to push my ownself to achieve a goal

3. Do I lie?
Ans - If i hate something that is to LIE without a reason and if its not for someone else's benefit....i am Truthful....i hate when i see people bragging about their status/personality/achievements....not realizing that other person has an IDEA of his actual status

Answer - HONEST to the core which i learnt from my father and mother which makes me love myself even more and more as days pass and i would be the last one to be associated with such thing

5. Jealousy?
Ans - God this feeling creeps up my mind sometimes and i just get rid of it and chant my Gurumantra for sometime to get back to my real self and i think of positive things that i have got and positive virtues i possess.

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - Yes i do have a set of people whom i dislike and hate....trying to get over it but then its just like thinking of its reverse that there might be people who dislike me or hate me....and truly when i cant improve myself i tell myself....ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO PLEASE ALL:) AFTER ALL I AM NOT THAT BAD

7. Temptations?
Ans - YES....for ferrero Roche choclates/branded clothes/watches/recent one is GM SRV....if i cant afford to buy anything i simply think its not for me....why to upset myself for some MATERIALSTIC thing....its not worth to trouble someone nice like me.

8. Do I hurt someone?

Occasionally....in the beginning i keep avoiding and just shut myself to that happening completely....but slowly it gets on to my nerves and then i bang. But if someone forces me to behave like it i dont regret but if i do hurt someone unknowingly then i make sure to settle the dispute....no matter if i have to touch their feet

Ans – I would like to have these as a normal humanbeing would. But i always feel i dont get as much as i deserve, it doesn't mean that i am boasting or that i am demanding unlawfully but i still feel that GOD ought to give me more.

10. Am i possessive????
Ans- if i am not possessive...no one is possessive....i am possessive for my friends and person whom i love. And i find that my friends are possessive about me....so i dont get a mere chance to improve myself.

11. Am i helpful?
Ans- I can reach any length to help someone in need and thats what makes me dependable.

12. Am i reliable?
Ans- I am and i very happy with being so as i never break trust of my friends and i breathe more freely.

13. Am i INDEPENDENT?
Ans- Say most of the times as compared to other ladies who keep staring towards others for all kind of major/minor help or assistance and looking at them gives me a feeling of being lame.

14.Does my personality needs any amendments?
Ans- Certainly.... when i have an insight with my real being i feel good to see many qualities that others lack or dont bother to even have, makes me so Proud of myself but when i come across my negativity it puts me off and crave for improvement.

15. Am i a human being?
Ans- Yes, i am, as most of the times i feel pain to others in pain.

devdahiya
July 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Navin bhai nice to see you pouring your heart out .Nice to see wisdom flowing out through each of your principle highlighted here in.Keep it up!
My take:
1] Not required to be proud......Prefer to be good.
2] I was but has almost killed this snake
3] Lies are never good.
4] Nothing like an honest existence...Dal rotti khao prabhu ke goon gao.
5] Worst thing and a big enemy of happiness.
6] I try spread love instead.
7] There are still some temptations but i am trying to get better of them.
8] Intentionally never...i hate that.
9] We all need them...we are no God.
10] Very highly possessive of certain things.
11] I go out of my way to do that
12] 100%
13] Highly independent.
14] Many...i am learning things and will keep doing so up to last of my breath.
15] Why not.....Useful on top of that.

jagmohan
July 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
My Dear,

My frank opinion. But please don't argue and ask me explainations.

Q1. Am I proud?
A1. Proud of what? Jis din apne or apne khud ke pyaron ke ilawa kisi or ke liye kuchh kar gujrain ge to phir bhi proud hone ki jaroorat nahuin padegi.

Q2. Am I arrogant?
A2. NO. But when it comes to my core beliefs, very arrogant to those who know nothing about life.

Q3. Do I lie?
A3. 99% jhoot boltein hain and the rest 1% are liars!!

Q4. Corruption to have my way?
A4. What corruption? It is now known by different names. It is now a 'way of life'!!

Q5. Jealousy?
A5. Why should I be? Everyone to his own.

Q6. Dislike and hatred?
A6. Too many to recall or write.

Q7. Temptations?
A7. Actually too many. Difficult for a normal human to avoid them. The only way to avoid them is to lead a life of moderation.

Q8. Am I frank to discussing any topic?
A8. Does anyone have any doubt? Absolutely frank.

Q9. Appreciation, love and publicity – do I want them/crave for them?
A10. I seek ONLY UNDERSTANDING OF MY VIEW POINT. Even my pet seeks appreciation, everyday. More so now since she is unwell. Publicity? So easy now a days. I have to just drive my car to 10 Janpath to meet Sonia Gandhi!!!

Regards,

JS Malik

monikadahiya
July 29th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Frank Confessions

1. Am I proud?

Yes, I am. I am proud about different aspects of life. I am proud of myself to have my parents (best .. i cant express how proud i feel of them), my brother, my husband (touchwood i am so proud of him), my friends (all precious gems for me). I am proud as it makes me feel positive about what I have.

2. Am I arrogant?

I am arrogant towards those who deserve it and i have come across quite a few such people in my life.

3. Do I lie?
Ans - Its been ages since i've lied. even its mentioned in Gita " agar ek jhoot se kisi ka accha hota hai, woh jhoot sau sach ke barabar hota hai". I never misuse this statement.

Answer - I am actually against it. But, when in India i cant help but give into the pressures of society to feed the corrupt ppl.

5. Jealousy?
I dont know if i can call it Jealousy, but I want to achieve much more when i see my colleague (especially someone who doesnt deserve it and got it only cuz of favoritism) getting a promotion or something when I deserved it.

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - I have never hated anyone. But yes, i do dislike/disliked a few people. But that feeling over a period of time vanishes. Eventually, I become indifferent towards that person. But that dislike has never made me do injustice to my job, my friends or anything for that matter

7. Temptations?
Ans - Oh yes. hahaha i do get tempted. For eg. jab indian store mein apne desi mangoes dekhti hu i get tempted and its sucha strong feeling but I try to control my temptation as much as possible or try to reward myself with that temptation if i acheive something that i intend to.

Ans – Yes

9. Appreciation, love and publicity – Oh god!! I crave for love and appreciation and at times i act in such child like manner just to be appreciated. Publicity..not actually.. never thought about it!! it doesnt matter to me if i think now

10. Death: I want to confess I am afraid of death. I am afraid of death of someone i love and cherish. It makes me cry when i think what would happen if i die as i'd loose all my close ones. I remember crying when my dog was a pup and i just couldnt think of it dieing after 12-13 yrs. It was a painful feeling and it still is.

Extremism: I consider myself being an extremist. life for me is white or black never grey. I know its wrong and I am trying to get rid of the negative extreme.

:)

deepakchoudhry
July 29th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Insaan Galtiyon Ka Putla hai.

To err is human.

Aur Joh Girna nahin jante woh sambhlayngay Kaisay.

I'm all of the above and none of it at the same time. :)

vijay
July 29th, 2006, 05:49 AM
1. Am I proud ?
Ans - Yes i am. My character, my nature, my family and what i am able to do is my pride. That provides me strength and self respect. Morever, it motivates me to improve myself.

2. Am I arrogant?
Ans - More or less i became arrogant whenever i see something wrong is happening and needs that attitude.

3. Do I lie?
Ans - Yes, i lied many times but never for my own benefit instead for the sake of goodness of others

4. Corruption?
Ans - You support or not, but its now part of life in India.

5. Jealousy?
Ans - Who is not jealous so i am. But i take it in a positive manner as jealously motivates me to try harder to get what i am jealous for.

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - Yes, i have strong likes and dislikes. If i hate someone, i dislike him/her to the extreme. The hate sometimes fades away with time sometimes not and remains forever.

7. Temptations?
Ans - So many, never counted.

Ans - Not always, but ready to discuss anything if i think there would be a healthy discussion, something to learn and results in a conclusion or decision. I try hard not to engaged myself in useless arguements.

9. Appreciation, love and publicity
Ans - I need them as a human being, but never created any false situation or things to achieve them. I need only what and how much i deserve.

ajayverma1973
July 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Dear Navin,

Very good thread started, here is my frank confession

1. Am I proud?
Ans - Yes, Being an Indian, a Jat, having such helpful and caring parents,

2. Am I arrogant?
Ans - Some times Yes, when I see the things can be handled by this way only. I never tried to hurt anybody by my arrogance

3. Do I lie?
Ans - I don't lie or don't like to hear lie from anybody, I have faced some problems in my life, just because I can't speak lie.

Answer - Individually - No, I am satisfied with my life. Some times we have to give bribe to govt. officials for our office work and that hurt me a lot but can't do anything.

5. Jealousy?
Ans - I don't feel Jealousy, every body has his/her own fate.

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - No comments.

7. Temptations?
Ans - Though I am satisfied and disciplined man but some times YES

Ans – Personally? Yes. Publicly? No

Ans – Every human being desire love and appreciation me too.

Regards,

Ajay Verma

navingulia
July 29th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Its so nice that so many people are expressing their thoughts. It makes us learn so much from each other.

Death/loss? The more we run from it, the more it will scare us. It has to be accepted as a reality to be faced some day. There is no other way. Fearing it cannot prevent it. It will only prevent us from enjoying life.

georgian
July 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM
1. Am I proud?
Ans - Yes, but Garv Wala Proud, Ghamand Wala nahin, I am Proud of being a georgian.. a jaat .... a member of jatland and the little achievements that come with each passing day.
2. Am I arrogant?
Ans - Yes, arragance is needed at places these days, you need not hav it as a part of your nature, but must be able to adapt when needed.... "an eye for an eye "

3. Do I lie?
Ans - As a principal, NO. but everyone who uses a cellphone sometimes lies about his exact geographical location..:p .

Answer - We are living in a world where we need facilities , they come at a price, either you need an effort or you need a link, third and the most frequently used is corruption, socail corruption- no, moral corruption - no, fiancial corruption- yes if unavoidable.

5. Jealousy?
Ans - i am still to differentiate between jealosy and competition, i feel healthy competetors can never be jealous..

6. Dislike and hatred?
Ans - If you donot hav these 2 feelings you are not a complete human being... I am Human full of errors .

7. Temptations?
Ans - a big farm, a cosy house in it's center, ek open gypsy, ek ghoda , ek kutta( Labrador) .:) . ek tractor ek cultivator... khuli hawa.. saaf vatavaran

Ans – Always, .but avoiding hurting the sentiments.. any damn topic on earth.

Ans – appreciation--- always get ample, sometimes even more than i crave, i got wonderful people at workplace and home
Love- i hav craved for it and know i will hav to all my life" wonder if love realy exists"
Publicity - no, wanna lead a kool see life, i plan to retire from office work by the age of 40, wanna work on my temptation after it (*read S. No. 7).

My Fears:
Dianosours, Road accidents, nuclear holocost.