PDA

View Full Version : lets visit the whole world

jojidahiya
July 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
hi many of us might want to visit different places all over the world But only a few could fullfil their dreams.Bcause many of us do not have money,time etc.
Lets start a thread so that we can visit different places by talk. i mean to say we shall talk about those place where we are working or where we were visited.
so here we shall tell the real beautiful places,real problem which we faced,and all our experiences.
regards

georgian
July 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Dear all,
This thread seems to be interesting..

Well, I spent 7 most important years of my life (class 6-12) in Ajmer Military school, Ajmer Rajasthan.
It is indeed a very peaceful and sensible place to live, not very big... but not very small either..
Ajmer is siyuated in the middle of Aravallies.. with Madar Pahad , Ghooghra ghati and Taragarh Covering the city...
When you appraoch from delhi ghooghra ghati welcomes you ...( this is the place where we use to cross during our cross country..lol
Ajmer is famous for a couple of Places ... Dargah of Khwaja moinuddin chishti( this is one of the places , which is independent from caste.. creed... color... religion.... Faith unites everyone.... it is situated about three Km from the Railway station and equal distance from the Bus Terminal. A peaceful place with devotees thronging in each day, it is a bit crowded still peaceful.. Whenever in school we use to feel being on a low swing of mood... we use to go to dargah and simply sit there .... believe me it was a tremondous relaxing experience...
A Stones throw from Dargah is Dhai din ka jhhopda... reaching there if you plan to see the jhopda you would be disappointed.. it is a stone structure.. with pillars( it is said count them and every time you will get a different number of pillars, we tried numerous times during our school times, never got the same figure twice in consecutive attempts..)

If you love trekking .. Taragarh fort is game.. climbing from a trekk near dargah it takes you 4 km and nearly 1 hour to teach atop the hill, where Prathviraj Chauhan, built a secured fort... from here you can view the entire city, a telescope/ binaculur is also there to hav the view.

Ajmer is a neat and peaceful city, the business being dominated by Marwaris and the inner area around Dargah is dominated by Muslims... Still it is a peaceful place and has never been a center of communal tension. Ajmer also holds the distinction of being a Educational hub, It has Mayo College, Military School, Regional College Of education, St. Sophias, Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Regional Engineering college and other schools as well.

14 km from ajmer is Pushkar, The Brahma Temple is a worldwide famous place and the Pushkar festival is an envy for Rainbow( competing it's colorfulness).

The place is about 125 km from Jaipur and 380 Km from Delhi.

We old school mates are planning a Car Rally on 20th August from Delhi to Ajmer.. will be great to be back there , where we studied....