PDA

View Full Version : Life of Indians In Foreign!!!

prashantacmet
July 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
HI folks! I have heard it various time that In some foreign countries like UK, France...... Indians are not treated in well manner by the inhabitants of those countries. They are addressed by derogatery remarks as "Bloody Black Indians" by the natives of those countries. They are not allowed even for walking in the residential areas of natives. is it true??

i don't have any intention to hurt anyone? i want to know the fact about this matter that's why i started this thread .If feelings of someone is crushed ,I apologise in advance........

deepakchoudhry
July 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Dont Believe everything you hear, read or see..This is the root cause of most of the human ignorance.

Use your own judgement...and this goes for everything.

There are bad apples everywhere but answer to your question is empahtic "NO".

VPannu
July 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Dont Believe everything you hear, read or see..This is the root cause of most of the human ignorance.
Use your own judgement...and this goes for everything.
There are bad apples everywhere but answer to your question is empahtic "NO".
Yes I agree with Deepak. S**T does happen sometimes but people are always cool and calm overall.

monikadahiya
July 29th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I cant comment about other countries, but its nothing like that in america. Its an open society and welcomes you with open arms.:)

amanjaat
July 29th, 2006, 01:12 AM
:D i am living in canada and untill now no gora hav had courage to say anythin to me
ppl back home..i have only one reply....true jats dont take s**t from anyone
i wont mind losing everything ..for it is to keep my dignity
so....no worries
later

chhillar
July 29th, 2006, 02:07 AM
:D i am living in canada and untill now no gora hav had courage to say anythin to me
so....no worries
later

Aman seth, How is going buddy? We missed you in the last jat party, your mother was there though! I will be in Edmonton during the weekend, lets meet up!

Amit

cheelu
July 29th, 2006, 02:33 AM
hey Prashant

im agree wid Deepak ji and Vivek ji.
Acc to me Indians in Foreign are like representatives of India......
Foreigners make a picture in their mind when an Indian tells them about India..........
I have alot of frnds and have met alot of people here and they all use these words for Indians.....nice, friendly, smily, intelligent, helpful, ambitious, ruling on IT sector, hard worker:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I haven't heard this word BBI from anyone but read first time in your posted thread.

Keep Smiling
Monika

sansanwalamit
July 29th, 2006, 02:35 AM
so....no worries
later

Hello Aman:

Thanks to Amit Chillar I could realise that you are Ompati Ji's son, I wanted to tell you that please dont think in terms of goras and kalas. Canada is everyone's land and here we all are living happily:)

Coming back to the post then I must say life in foreign land is very very good, everyone has their own space and respect for other's space, in other words everyone minds their own business. Opportunities are equal and noone cares that what race, class or the last name you have and everything is nicely balanced. So far, in Canada, UK and North-Eastern States I have never felt anyone treating me as an Indian, here I am Amit Sansanwal first and then an Indian, which is the way I like :)

sansanwalamit
July 29th, 2006, 02:42 AM
hey Prashant

im agree wid Deepak ji and Vivek ji.
Acc to me Indians in Foreign are like representatives of India......
Foreigners make a picture in their mind when an Indian tells them about India..........
I have alot of frnds and have met alot of people here and they all use these words for Indians.....nice, friendly, smily, intelligent, helpful, ambitious, ruling on IT sector, hard worker:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I haven't heard this word BBI from anyone but read first time in your posted thread.

Keep Smiling
Monika

I dont agree with this, an individual doesnt have to be a picture of a country. Even in foreign land we are ourselves, God forbid I dont want non-Indians to think that all Indians are like me (although it will be good idea;). I think that people who make their judgements about a country or region by experiencing a couple of indviduals are highly judgemental and honestly I could care less about such judgemental people.
In foreign land we all are Indians off course but neither alone we certainly define India for non Indians nor are we ambassadors of India. Indian government has already appointed a position for that and together as a community we give an idea of being Indian.

amanjaat
July 29th, 2006, 03:00 AM
bhaiyo...u r all elders and more experienced than i am...so i cant argue with you.:)
but as far as my encounters with some white as well as KHALISTANI SIKH PPL are concerned ...THEY SHOW PREJUDICE TOWARDS US"""
and i belonging to the most fierce and brave warriors of the world cant take this....ppl who kno me around here kno this very well......:cool:
one more thing.....i kno all the wiseness and experience elderly have,,,but .....accepting others prejudice towards yourself as an individual or anyone else ....not only let U down but also bring down the pride of all ur CLAN ppl as well as HUMANITY......
.....rather be broken than bow to them..:mad:

poonam
July 29th, 2006, 04:49 AM
It would not be germane to say that there is no prejudice or discrimination, it is very much here. India and China are the two nations (for that matter Indians and Chinese too) which are not quite liked here in the US. Nobody is that stupid to say such “dogmatic” stuff to you openly, but you do feel it in the air, and unfortunately it exists.

At the same time, if you are focused, such “petty” things should not deter you wherever on the earth you live.

Mark Twain said:
"I have no color prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse."......what say..:D

P.S. The life definitely is much much better here than back home in multiple terms which is understandable and can't be debated..:)

deepakchoudhry
July 29th, 2006, 05:25 AM
It would not be germane to say that there is no prejudice or discrimination, it is very much here. India and China are the two nations (for that matter Indians and Chinese too) which are not quite liked here in the US. Nobody is that stupid to say such “dogmatic” stuff to you openly, but you do feel it in the air, and unfortunately it exists.

At the same time, if you are focused, such “petty” things should not deter you wherever on the earth you live.

Mark Twain said:
"I have no color prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse."......what say..:D

P.S. The life definitely is much much better here than back home in multiple terms which is understandable and can't be debated..:)

Prejudice and Ignorance is everywhere be it in the form of caste system, religion or colour.

And if situation was so bad Indians wouldnt be going aborad.

I agree poonam, no worse animal than Human.

devdahiya
July 29th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Bhai kuchh bhi kaho...appni janam bhummi jaisa tou kuchh ho nahin sakkta chehe chandd pe chlle jao.....every place hasits good and bad points but aapnni dhartti ki sugandhh kuchh aur hotti hei aur sabhi uss ke liye tarrasttey bhi hein.Yes there has to be prejudice...without any doubt in an alien enviornment.

East or west India is the best.

ritu
July 29th, 2006, 09:03 AM
meri bhi bhinn ki bhinn

I cant comment about other countries, but its nothing like that in america. Its an open society and welcomes you with open arms.:)

prashantacmet
July 29th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks to all for correcting me..........

sansanwalamit
July 30th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Prejudice and Ignorance is everywhere be it in the form of caste system, religion or colour.

And if situation was so bad Indians wouldnt be going aborad.

I agree poonam, no worse animal than Human.

I would like to make the following addition:

Prejudice does exist universally, even in our own Jat world there are prejudices against Jats of one region to another. But, the fact that I have noticed even by personal experience is that you will find prejudice only when you look for it, rarely it might come when you are not looking for it.
Often we ourselves expect prejudice in certain situtations and that is when you actually find it. Once we ignore the very existence of prejudice we find it non-existent. All I can say is that
"Free your mind and the rest will follow, be colourblind dont be so shallow":)

anilsangwan
July 30th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Bhai Parshant.. Haddey Chinka ke desh Singapore mein bhi waaa e baat jo baaki sabb ki... BHINN KI BHINN....

Yaar kayee be apne desh aale e kaat jaaya karein videsh mein... baaki I have seen both Singapore and Sweden, people are very cooperative and helpful....