PDA

View Full Version : I am lucky

navingulia
August 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Dear Friends, In another forum, we happened to be discussing 'luck factor'. I am putting my thoughts here too, for purpose of sharing.

1. Luck can not make you smile, luck cannot make you happy; luck cannot give you satisfaction.

2. How many times can luck stop you? Once? Twice? Thrice? Luck cannot stop you every time.

3. Luck cannot give you the happiness which hard work can. Ask a man working in the sun for hours what a glass of cold water tastes like. On the other hand there is a group of so called 'lucky people' in 5star hotels/bars having a cocktail of best drinks in the world and not enjoying the drinks, fed up with life or even suicidal.

4. How many 'Lucky' children of celebrity parents you want me to name, who are into drugs, crime and broken lives?

5. Another thing – people often consider those who achieve the goal as ‘Lucky’. I feel people who enjoy the work they do, are lucky. Every successful man has reached where he has because he loved doing what he did.

I don’t know whether it is appropriate to give my own example but I think I will -

I achieved some amount of the so called success and I would be lying if I say that I didn’t enjoy the appreciation but how can I express the 11 years of hard work that went into it and how much I enjoyed it. How do I express how I felt when I was successfully able to wheel my wheelchair 200m in one hour to reach my computer class, how can I express the feeling when I revolted against everybody and took to driving, the drive alone at night to the lakeside with the starlit sky and the lights reflecting in the waves, (people always felt I was crazy driving alone to the lake and mountains at night but trust me it was worth it every bit), how can I express how I felt when with aching arm muscles I drove to a mountain top sat in a wheelchair and had my hot cup of tea from a flask, driving through the Himalayas in an 18yr old car, getting stuck in streams of freezing water, landslides, spending sleepless nights shivering inside a flying tent in snow, my student and partner in expedition making a sad face and saying ‘sir, I don’t think we will get out of this alive’. We laugh like hell every time we remember it. There is only one word which can describe my feelings about all the difficulties and life ‘WOW!’

I always say “Life is like a game of football, you enjoy it only when there are 11 players to oppose you”.

Bad luck, difficulties and challenges are the opposing players who make the game interesting. We all want to win but enjoying playing the game is the key.

I feel lucky are not those people who get easy success, lucky are those people who enjoy what they do and who enjoy the hard work that goes into it.

Most people don’t believe this statement of mine but it doesn’t make a difference whether they do or not. It wouldn’t prevent me from making this statement time and again whenever required. – I feel I am lucky to have faced every single difficulty and challenge in my life, including my injury. It has made me discover life at a plane and in a way, I am so glad about.

By the way, I haven’t got carried away. I do feel so strongly about it, about life. It is such a beautiful and empowering feeling for the soul, the heart and the mind.

Some people consider accidents and injuries and ill health as being unlucky, some people consider failure at work as unlucky, some people consider death as unlucky. But we don’t realize, Life has the importance it has, because death is there, victory has the importance it has because failure is there, good health has importance because ill health is there, good is important because bad is there.

Let us enjoy every moment of this miracle that is life. After all, that’s what we want. Don’t we?

Have a beautiful day

Regards,

Navin Gulia

vdeswal
August 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
<<Another thing – people often consider those who achieve the goal as ‘Lucky’. I feel people who enjoy the work they do, are lucky. Every successful man has reached where he has because he loved doing what he did. >>>

...well said. It's really true. Because one who believes in procedure mostly gets END solution as he/she wanted.

satyakarwasra
August 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM
This is awesome description of life.Every and each word of Naveen has it's own importance.Yes, Happiness in life lies for those who cry those who hurt, those who have tried.

Bad luck, difficulties and challenges are the opposing players who make the game interesting. We all want to win but enjoying playing the game is the key.

Some people consider accidents and injuries and ill health as being unlucky, some people consider failure at work as unlucky, some people consider death as unlucky. But we don’t realize, Life has the importance it has, because death is there, victory has the importance it has because failure is there, good health has importance because ill health is there, good is important because bad is there.

Let us enjoy every moment of this miracle that is life. After all, that’s what we want. Don’t we?

Have a beautiful day

Regards,

Navin Gulia

deepshi
December 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
every word is true to d core
its all in d mind,, n ur perceptions.
u can feel bliss in even d smallest things,,which may seem otherwise n trivial 2 others

narendra81
December 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM
gr8 story navin....
i m really inspired by this and it going to make a big difference in my life....
thanx a lot for sharing......
thanx again..

vijay
December 26th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Naveen Bhai, True word to word.
Thanks for sharing such inspiring thoughts :)

deepakchoudhry
December 26th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I thank you for sharing your emotions with us.

Such words could only come out from a soul who is expressing life as it should be i.e. being authentic.

You are truly inspiring.