PDA

View Full Version : Openly biased and double standred jatland administration...see the proof

shamshermalik
August 10th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Dear Jatland members,

Here is what jatland administration is..openly biased and with double standred.

they have two rules for samething.

My Thread...
I started a thread with poll " Jat jokes or all jokes" in Humor section of Mauj Masti forum. The thread was moved saying that it does not belong to this section or forum. The thread is related to Humor section and should be there. I am not talking about the result but the place of the thread

Thread by moderator...
A similar poll was also conducted in Feb 2006." Should this section only have Jat jokes" This thread is still there in the humor section for last six months.

These two threads are similar but one was moved giving the reason that this is not the right place for the thread but the other one is still there.

IS NOT IT A BIASED AND DOUBLE STANDRED ADMINISTRATION???

I started that poll because few people in between posted non jat jokes which were deleted...sometime we come across very nice jokes that we want to share in jatland but then restrictions donot allow...and lastly it is not a bad idea to review the decision which was taken alsmost six months ago.

I would not have had any problem if the thread was closed saying the rule need not be reviewed but yes moving the one thread and allowing other is a biased and double standred.

Kindly give your feedback.

Shamsher

mothsara1st
August 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Koi baat nahin yaar malik ....ho sakta hai aisa bhul main ho gaya ho ...ek aadh bar galti bhi ho sakti hai ....u should not mind some times....i think when our moderator will come to know this they will certainly do the right thing.

shamshermalik
August 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Koi baat nahin yaar malik ....ho sakta hai aisa bhul main ho gaya ho ...ek aadh bar galti bhi ho sakti hai ....u should not mind some times....i think when our moderator will come to know this they will certainly do the right thing.

I told this to moderators when they did this but not a satisfactory reply.

mothsara1st
August 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I told this to moderators when they did this but not a satisfactory reply.
if you have reminded the moderators about this then they cetainly at fault .They must take right steps.

scsheorayan
August 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Dear Shamsher,

Your signature
"Watch people do their most common actions, these are indeed the things that will tell you the real character of a great person.SWAMI VIVEKANANDA "
says a lot about the ideology, but then minor things like not being able to post a joke appears to be troubling you, is it a double standard ?. As human beings we are always caught in the cycle of dualism like night and day, truth and lies,good and bad. Hope moderators have not commited a cardinal sin by not allowing some jokes which may be inappropriate for family environment. If you have some real good jokes please send them as a private message to me and let us see, what can be done regarding sharing it with every one on Jatland. Will that change your opinion regarding moderators ? Probably not, but atleast we would have tried to be as unbiased as possible. Your poll has shown that majority thinks that moderators are unbiased, but of course there is always some one who thinks differently and we respect that.

shamshermalik
August 11th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Dear Shamsher,

Your signature
"Watch people do their most common actions, these are indeed the things that will tell you the real character of a great person.SWAMI VIVEKANANDA "
says a lot about the ideology, but then minor things like not being able to post a joke appears to be troubling you, is it a double standard ?. As human beings we are always caught in the cycle of dualism like night and day, truth and lies,good and bad. Hope moderators have not commited a cardinal sin by not allowing some jokes which may be inappropriate for family environment. If you have some real good jokes please send them as a private message to me and let us see, what can be done regarding sharing it with every one on Jatland. Will that change your opinion regarding moderators ? Probably not, but atleast we would have tried to be as unbiased as possible. Your poll has shown that majority thinks that moderators are unbiased, but of course there is always some one who thinks differently and we respect that.

Respected Subha Chandji,

my problem is not allowing or not allowing non jat jokes that will be decided by members as earlier and its only review.

But the objection raised in this thread is about moving one thread from HUMOR section and allowing the other similar thread for months. Now does this rule is only for the thread that i posted or does this rule also apply to the thread posted by Satyeshwar in the same same humor section. That thread is still there for last six months and similar thread posted by me has been mooved. Thats where I call it a double standred.

As far my signature in concerned that has a lot of message in it and no one can describe it fully be it me or you or any other person as we cannot match the thinking of Swami Vivekananda.

ratananmol
August 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Friends:
Here is my version on the same theme...and i agree with Shamsher.
A certain individual stooped to the pettiness of using not only bad words and trashy language (i have a string of subtle but directed statements he made)...the best resort i had for the person who could not focus his typically vague and "sadak-chaap" language was to report to the admin. First Satyeshwar suggested to play it down but some moderator (and i thank him for that) chose to restrict the member (july 16-26). The person comes back and continues his tirade, flaunts his untested ability to brawl (some odd guy who grew up in army surroundings) and draws a caricature. I report again...the admin chooses not to act and in fact deletes one of my thread bringing out some facts on the same. I think the admin clearly has favourites,and moves the lines to suit some people. Why cant one person among the admin make decisions rather than one person acting in the daytime and one in the night. Clearly my issues with this person are private but if the forum is used consistently by the person to attract attention to himself that needs to be dealt by the admin. If the admin does not spend time reading all the posts (and i am sympathetic to this problem) at least if someone reports a bad post it should be seen more carefully. I am also wondering if the person were to break my bones or i were to able to do so and if the only predominant communication occurs thru the forum (despite reporting by one member) would the admin absolve itself of any liability?

There is another related problem of one honorable member who uses a fake name on the forum but is clearly has distinct legal name. What is the policy of the admin on this issue? (I brought this to the notice of Deepak sometime ago and i am sure he has plans on this matter but i would still like to know how does admin deal with this person and what are the guidelines for others members).

Not to mention the highhandedness and aloofness is striking and more instances can be jotted down.
Anmol.

keshavdahiya
August 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Dear Dr Malik,
It seems that you are really hurt by the issue that your poll has been marked and send to irrelevant section....dont you think that this poll whether to post jat or nonjat jokes here shud not be in section ABOUT.JATLAND.....if no please reply........
please dont drag the issue that this site is run by biased people.....since the time you joined only 50 days back you have been cuming up with contradictory issues......dont you see a positive side of a coin...your every post has issues which indiacate the inefficiency of this site......then why are you here if you dont like this place........people dont need a reason to smile or laugh here......we never saw these minor issues.....what ever the admin decides we accept it happily.....its a place to interact rather then to repudiate every now and then.....
I hope you got the message..if not....no body can help you....

iib nyu na keh diyo daacter shaab ki killkki na maari......niche khatka sei.....usne na daab diyo..:p

shamshermalik
August 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Dear Dr Malik,
It seems that you are really hurt by the issue that your poll has been marked and send to irrelevant section....dont you think that this poll whether to post jat or nonjat jokes here shud not be in section ABOUT.JATLAND.....if no please reply........
please dont drag the issue that this site is run by biased people.....since the time you joined only 50 days back you have been cuming up with contradictory issues......dont you see a positive side of a coin...your every post has issues which indiacate the inefficiency of this site......then why are you here if you dont like this place........people dont need a reason to smile or laugh here......we never saw these minor issues.....what ever the admin decides we accept it happily.....its a place to interact rather then to repudiate every now and then.....
I hope you got the message..if not....no body can help you....

iib nyu na keh diyo daacter shaab ki killkki na maari......niche khatka sei.....usne na daab diyo..:p

Keshav bhai...its not that i donot like the place otherwise i would have left the place...My objection is very clear..why two rules for the same thing. I would not have posted that thread in Humor if the similar thread already was not posted there in Feb this year.

Agar bhai kanoon banane wala hi kanoon tode to janta ko kya kahoge???
Hope you got my point.

shamshermalik
August 11th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Keshav bhai bhool gaya tha KILKII@ contradictory statements

keshavdahiya
August 11th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Keshav bhai...its not that i donot like the place otherwise i would have left the place...My objection is very clear..why two rules for the same thing. I would not have posted that thread in Humor if the similar thread already was not posted there in Feb this year.

Agar bhai kanoon banane wala hi kanoon tode to janta ko kya kahoge???
Hope you got my point.

no doc i dont agree with you.....i just asked you simple ques....do you think your this thread does not belong to section ABOUT.JATLAND ?....now....
As humor section is suppose to have posts relating to humor and no such discussions......and that iz past and this is happening now......dont make it a WAR OF EGOS.....an issue like this is not appreciated from a person of your education standing/caliber........yaar apko jokes padhne hain to batao.....baat ka batangadd kyun banana fizul mein.....

why dont you understand a simple thing that woh past hai and you are opening the store again...why do you compare present with past.....
FANSI DEKE MANOGGE KE.......:p

shamshermalik
August 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM
no doc i dont agree with you.....i just asked you simple ques....do you think your this thread does not belong to section ABOUT.JATLAND ?....now....
As humor section is suppose to have posts relating to humor and no such discussions......and that iz past and this is happening now......dont make it a WAR OF EGOS.....an issue like this is not appreciated from a person of your education standing/caliber........yaar apko jokes padhne hain to batao.....baat ka batangadd kyun banana fizul mein.....

why dont you understand a simple thing that woh past hai and you are opening the store again...why do you compare present with past.....
FANSI DEKE MANOGGE KE.......:p

Before answering your question tell me where this thread should have been

"ONLY jat jokes from now on" this is a poll conducted by Satyeshwar in humor section....whatever is your answer for this question that is my answer.

keshavdahiya
August 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Before answering your question tell me where this thread should have been

"ONLY jat jokes from now on" this is a poll conducted by Satyeshwar in humor section....whatever is your answer for this question that is my answer.

forget it doc, no point discussing anything wih you.......and i m damm sure no one on earth wud hav balls to argue with you.....becoz u dont have will to settle this issue......:)
you know how to instigate fire but i suppose you dont know how to pacify the flames.......if you cud answer it to yourself...:rolleyes:
continue...may be u find people here with raised brows....

keshavdahiya
August 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Keshav bhai bhool gaya tha KILKII@ contradictory statements

daacter shaaab killkki bhullan ki chiz na hoti.....thats a feeling.....i suppose you didnt get the kick yet....any way keep tryin....may be you see the lite some day....:rolleyes: :p :D

dndeswal
August 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I saw this thread only today and found that it is being dragged – unnecessary arguments and counter-arguments. Recently there was another thread: Baised Administration ? (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16238)

Many members post threads in wrong forums, mostly by mistake – and we move them to the right forums. Is it such a big issue? For discussing all matters relating to this Site, there is a forum “About Jatland.com”. This threads itself is posted in a wrong forum (“General Talk”) and should be moved to the right one but I am not doing it right now to satisfy the ego of the member who started it. Is it such a big issue that Satyeshwar’s thread Should this section only have Jat jokes? (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12487) still exists in ‘Humor’ section? Hope members realize that moderators should have some discretion in the matter.

Without elaborating, some proverbs come to mind :

English:

“Much ado about nothing”
“Make a mountain out of a molehill”

Hindi:

“Baat ka battangadd” बात का बतंगड़
“Til ka taadd - raayi ka pahadd” तिल का ताड़, राई का पहाड़
“Na soot, na kapaas – aur julaahon mein latthamm-latthaan”
ना सूत ना कपास - और जुलाहों में लट्ठम-लट्ठां

Haryanavi/ Desi

“Seeng nahin, poonch pakaddna” सींग नहीं, पूंछ पकड़ना
“Bichalla (center) nahin, thaud (kinaara) pakaddna” बिचला नहीं, ठोड पकड़ना
“Boomblyaan pey gahntaa chalana” बूंबळ्यां पै गंहटा चलाना
“Jhote Taley Doodh ki Balti (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11380) dharnaa” झोटे तळै दूध की बालटी धरना

The discussion is about humor forum. Let us enjoy humor !

shamshermalik
August 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM
[quote=dndeswal;111726]

Many members post threads in wrong forums, mostly by mistake – and we move them to the right forums. Is it such a big issue?

For discussing all matters relating to this Site, there is a forum “About Jatland.com”.

Is it such a big issue that Satyeshwar’s thread Should this section only have Jat jokes? (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12487) still exists in ‘Humor’ section? Hope members realize that moderators should have some discretion in the matter.

Dear Dayanand,

Thanks for your reply...I stop writing on this thresd after this post as I got the answer. The moderators have discretion to break the rule that they set.

The last thing I donot have an ego problem...this ego problem is seen in this discretion and I hope this discretion is satisfying moderators ego.. Bhai jahan tak proverb ki baat hai to last wali bahut achhi hai.or maanai bi esa ae laga sai.

Bhai Keshav I know all such threads belong to "About Jatland' I mean all such threads...but I did not know this discretion thing...bhaiyo galti ho gayee maaf karna aage dhyan rakhange.

Abb chalo HUMOR section.

Shamsher

mukeshkumar007
August 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
"Boomblyaan pey gahntaa chalana”[/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR]बूंबळ्यां पै गंहटा चलाना[/SIZE]
“Jhote Taley Doodh ki Balti (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11380) dharnaa” झोटे तळै दूध की बालटी धरना

uncleji..baki to sabi ka matlab samaj maie aa gaya lakin yeh do kuch palle nahi padi...would u like to explain ....

prashantacmet
August 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Shamsher sahab....... Devdas main chadramukhi paro tai nu keh......"" paro agar apni nazar se dekhoggi Devbabu ko..... to kahi nahi pawogi.....par agar merri nazorein se dekhoggi.....to har taraf pawogi Dev babu ko.... is bache hue paimanne main.....iss chadar ki salwatoien main.."

So moral of this dialogue....
Don't try to see the world only with ur own eyes........ In fact, u are having a prejudice taht Jatland administration is biased..... If some will try to give the clarification.... u are not going to accept thatt.......any clarifiaction will not have any impact upon u..... still u will cry...."jatland administration is biased"...............

monikadahiya
August 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Moderators are not biased at all. How can you compare yourself with moderators?? they are like a governing body. Certain rules do not apply to them. For eg, speed limit applies to the general public but emergency vehicles like police, ambulance have the right to break that law and speed. That doesnt give us the liberty to go overboard and the only thing that you will end up is with a "ticket". Nothing else!!! I hope you get what i mean.

chhillar
August 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Without elaborating, some proverbs come to mind :

English:

“Much ado about nothing”
“Make a mountain out of a molehill”

Hindi:

“Baat ka battangadd” बात का बतंगड़
“Til ka taadd - raayi ka pahadd” तिल का ताड़, राई का पहाड़
“Na soot, na kapaas – aur julaahon mein latthamm-latthaan”
ना सूत ना कपास - और जुलाहों में लट्ठम-लट्ठां

Haryanavi/ Desi

“Seeng nahin, poonch pakaddna” सींग नहीं, पूंछ पकड़ना
“Bichalla (center) nahin, thaud (kinaara) pakaddna” बिचला नहीं, ठोड पकड़ना
“Boomblyaan pey gahntaa chalana” बूंबळ्यां पै गंहटा चलाना

Deswal saab, Somebody is aggrieved, may be even for trivial or wrong reasons, you being admin should still try to redress them with a little respect for the member. I appreciate the way SC Sheoran saab has handeled it and not being a typical gaam ka head master. Baat kissi ko achhi bhundi likh ke dabane ki nahin he, pyaar se samjhane ki he.

I am not here to judge you but this is more than once I have seen from you. I hope you will take it in good spirit.

Aik kahawat app bhool gaye upper likhna:

“Meinsh ke age been bajana”:)

dndeswal
August 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Deswal saab, Somebody is aggrieved, may be even for trivial or wrong reasons, you being admin should still try to redress them with a little respect for the member. I appreciate the way SC Sheoran saab has handeled it and not being a typical gaam ka head master. Baat kissi ko achhi bhundi likh ke dabane ki nahin he, pyaar se samjhane ki he.

I am not here to judge you but this is more than once I have seen from you. I hope you will take it in good spirit.

Aik kahawat app bhool gaye upper likhna:

“Meinsh ke age been bajana”:)

Bhai Chhillar Sahab, there is nothing serious - the topic is concerning Humor Section of Jatland and I thought it best to put something in humoristic style. There is absolutely no prejudice against anyone at all. We are all serving the members, there is nothing like a 'Headmaster' or 'Panch' or A 'Sarpanch' as members sometimes address the modertators, though there is no harm in using desi words in humor or other forums.

misguidedyouth
August 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
rules sud b same ... but if the mods think thread is in wrong forum as in this case (but still it contains vital views n info) then make it sticky for some time.
we have 'about jatland' forum.. we can dron our suggestion there... but u can observe at any given time no. of viewers in 'about jatland' forum is much much lesser than in 'mauj masti' forum... since this poll was for the viewers of mauj masti forum... n to get involve more members in poll it sud be in mauj masti section and may b mods can make it sticky so that one can understand it is information or poll or views about the section not the actual contents meant for forum.

shamshermalik
August 12th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Story from a school in Haryana...this story suits this thread best.

Ek school mai master bahut dukhi the ki bachche peshabkhane me peshab karne ki bajaye diwar ke saath khde ho hakar peshab karte hai.

Ek din prarthna ke time sab bachchon se kaha gaya ki sabhi peshab khane me hi peshab karenge or agar koi diwar ki taraf moohn karke peshab karta paya gayaa to uski baaju pakad kar use peshab khane me le jayaa jayegaa.

Peshabkhana sirf ek tha or master abhi bhi diwar ki taraf moonh karke peshab karte the.

Ek din head master abhi diwar ke pass peshab kar ke nikla hi tha ki Raldu bhi wahan pe diwar ki taraf moohn kar laga peshab karne.

Head master ka dhyan janden janden Raldu pai paid gaya arr jatt Raldu bulaya.

Kyon Raldu...diwar ke pass peshab karne se manaa kiya tha to bhi tu wahan peshab kyon kar rahaa tha.

Raldu bolya..masterji abhi aap ne bhi to wahin pe peshab kiyaa thaa.

Head master nai bahana doonda arr bolyaa..main to head master soon.

Raldu bolya..To masteji Head master hovan tain ke peshab mai tain kushboo aavan laag je sai.

VPannu
August 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Shamsher ji,A request to you is that "Let bygones be bygones".Its appreciated that you brought this matter to everyone's notice so the next time anything like that happens (lets hope not) all fellow members will take it seriously.But again I would say that there shouldnt be any non jat jokes here else we will see loads of jokes copied and pasted here from other websites like santabanta etc etc.
To bhaaisaab roosne mein koi aani jaani nahi hai.Cheer up :)

scsheorayan
August 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Dear Shamsher,

Thank you very much for the response. How busy and short the life is ? If we let minor things upset us we are not seeing forest for trees and are undermining our own happiness. I will agree that democracy offers the best hope for peaceful coexistence, but no system is perfect. Any system is as good as people who follow it. If Satyeshwar's posting is in the wrong place please do me the favour and guide me to it or send me a PM. In the mean time please share some of your positive experiences with other Jats make it a pleasant place to visit. That is the best way to serve the community in my opinion. Good luck and God speed.

navingulia
August 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Jatland is a non-profit website, we dont pay for its membership. People are taking time out of their busy personal and professional schedules to run this website as volunteers. i know the kind of efforts that would be going in to monitor and manage it. We all should appreciate these efforts, rather than bothering about very small and negligible points.
Kuchh galtiyaan hum aapki nazar andaaz karenge kuchh aap hamari galti nazar andaaz karo, ye duniya aise hi chalti hai.

prashantacmet
August 12th, 2006, 05:58 PM
THEEK KAHI AAPNE
quote=navingulia;111830]Jatland is a non-profit website, we dont pay for its membership. People are taking time out of their busy personal and professional schedules to run this website as volunteers. i know the kind of efforts that would be going in to monitor and manage it. We all should appreciate these efforts, rather than bothering about very small and negligible points.
Kuchh galtiyaan hum aapki nazar andaaz karenge kuchh aap hamari galti nazar andaaz karo, ye duniya aise hi chalti hai.[/quote]

ramksehrawat
August 13th, 2006, 11:24 AM
quote >

"There is another related problem of one honorable member who uses a fake name on the forum but is clearly has distinct legal name. What is the policy of the admin on this issue? (I brought this to the notice of Deepak sometime ago and i am sure he has plans on this matter but i would still like to know how does admin deal with this person and what are the guidelines for others members)."<

If someone don't want to disclose his/her real name due to personal or professional reasons, we should have no objection as long as they are honourable as is claimed above. The yardstick should be the level of mischief , disrespect and abusive language, not the username. Some members opted to include wierd photos, it is their choice, why should we object as long as they feel comfortable with it.

ratananmol
August 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM
quote >

If someone don't want to disclose his/her real name due to personal or professional reasons, we should have no objection as long as they are honourable as is claimed above. The yardstick should be the level of mischief , disrespect and abusive language, not the username. Some members opted to include wierd photos, it is their choice, why should we object as long as they feel comfortable with it.

Dear Mr.Sehrawat:
Again your position is untenable; to misrepresent oneself on the forum of a small community is by itself the greatest piece of mischief....i was wondering if the MEA allows you to adopt fake name on a passport. It is as good as conning people. The word honorable has been used to impart honor to an act otherwise devoid of honor. Dont take things literally....again your response to Prof.Birbal Singh's thread is appaling because of a very good piece of literature you have used to obfuscate the issue...I am still waiting for the phonecall you promised a few months ago....
Best Regards.

shamshermalik
August 13th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Jatland is a non-profit website, we dont pay for its membership. People are taking time out of their busy personal and professional schedules to run this website as volunteers. i know the kind of efforts that would be going in to monitor and manage it. We all should appreciate these efforts, rather than bothering about very small and negligible points.
Kuchh galtiyaan hum aapki nazar andaaz karenge kuchh aap hamari galti nazar andaaz karo, ye duniya aise hi chalti hai.

Bhai Navin.ye duniyan or bhi achchi tarah chal sakti hai..agar hum har insan ko insaan samnjhe..kudh ko yaa kissi or ko uski post yaa hasiyaat se naa dekh kar insaaniyat ki hasiyaat se dekhen...Jo rule hum dusron ke liye banate hain hum kud us rule par chal kar dusron ke liye prerna banen. Galtiyan galtiyan hi hoti hain usmen kuch chotta bada nahin hota..chhoti chotti galtiyan karte karte insaan badi galtiyan karna suru kar deta hai. Agar koi galti bataane par bhi apni galti naa sudhare to us insaan ko aap kya kahenge???

Baaki bhai mera ye thread suru karne kaa matlab sifr itna hi tha ki our leaders (moderators) should lead by example so that members learn something from them and follow all the rules...and I think you will agree with that. Bhai agar rule banane wala hi rule todega to baakiyon se aap kyaa aasha karenge??? Or rule todne par koi bahana nahin chalta.