PDA

View Full Version : What you did for your country...independence day confession!!!

shamshermalik
August 15th, 2006, 02:45 AM
A very Happy Independence Day.to all Jatland members.

Its nice to hear and sing patriotic songs and its our duty to remember our martyrs...all those brave men and women who sacrificed their life leaving behind everything for our freedom.

But have we done anything for our nation. Today ask yourself..and if you think you have not done much then it's never late..you can still do a lot.

I think there should be an Independence Day theme every year for our nation to take that task and this day can motivate many to do that task.

J F K rightly said, "DONOT ASK WHAT YOUr COUNTRY HAS DONE FOR YOU. ASK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOUR COUNTRY".

Shamsher.

downtoearth
August 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
A very Happy Independence Day.to all Jatland members.

Its nice to hear and sing patriotic songs and its our duty to remember our martyrs...all those brave men and women who sacrificed their life leaving behind everything for our freedom.

But have we done anything for our nation. Today ask yourself..and if you think you have not done much then it's never late..you can still do a lot.

I think there should be an Independence Day theme every year for our nation to take that task and this day can motivate many to do that task.

J F K rightly said, "DONOT ASK WHAT YOUr COUNTRY HAS DONE FOR YOU. ASK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOUR COUNTRY".

Shamsher. yes big bro ur rit,,,,flag raising,, singing the national anthem,,and remembering the freedom fighter is not enough.....in every walk of life each one of us should contribute in his own way to the building of a great india . we have to ask ourself dat wot we have done for the country....now we have to take a step as we r Indians in spirit n soul....lets live upto the spirit of being a true indian.....youth should take a strong step.. jai hind !!!!

navingulia
August 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Can we commit to these 4 simple things:-

1. We will not resort to corruption (even if it means facing a little difficulty, imagine the difficulty a soldier faces when he choses death instead of the welfare of his own self and family)

2. We will not litter the streets and public places. This country is our home, we should keep it clean. Instead of making excuse that other people throw, we should commit ourselves and motivate 5 others too.

3. We will not talk bad about our country. If we cannot take out our time and efforts to improve things, we should atleast not crib and complain. One of my students happened to say once "sir, hamara counrty to bekar hai". I told him that you should go and tell this to all the 1000's of widows who have lost their husbands and you should tell this to those children whose father died fighting for the country. You should tell all the martyrs that they were stupid to die for a bekar country. You yourself have not done anything for the country but you talk bad about it. It is the biggest insult to those who devoted their life for the country.

4. If any foreigner/visitor comes to our country, we should extend our best behavior, help and hospitality to them, so that they go back with a good opinion of our country and with words of praise for it. I often see people laugh at, tease and harass visitors to our counrty.

ratheetheraist
August 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM

1. We will not resort to corruption (even if it means facing a little difficulty, imagine the difficulty a soldier faces when he choses death instead of the welfare of his own self and family)

2. We will not litter the streets and public places. This country is our home, we should keep it clean. Instead of making excuse that other people throw, we should commit ourselves and motivate 5 others too.

3. We will not talk bad about our country. If we cannot take out our time and efforts to improve things, we should atleast not crib and complain. One of my students happened to say once "sir, hamara counrty to bekar hai". I told him that you should go and tell this to all the 1000's of widows who have lost their husbands and you should tell this to those children whose father died fighting for the country. You should tell all the martyrs that they were stupid to die for a bekar country. You yourself have not done anything for the country but you talk bad about it. It is the biggest insult to those who devoted their life for the country.

4. If any foreigner/visitor comes to our country, we should extend our best behavior, help and hospitality to them, so that they go back with a good opinion of our country and with words of praise for it. I often see people laugh at, tease and harass visitors to our counrty.

thanks 4 the golden words respected navin gulia bhai saab....

point no 3 should b taken most seriously by all of us....

wil try to implement it in my life nd wil try others to follow the same... JAI HIND

deepakchoudhry
August 15th, 2006, 02:50 PM

1. We will not resort to corruption (even if it means facing a little difficulty, imagine the difficulty a soldier faces when he choses death instead of the welfare of his own self and family) --> Corruption is part of the system now. This cannot be implemented 100% but we can try to be straight wherever we can ie whereever it is under our control.

2. We will not litter the streets and public places. This country is our home, we should keep it clean. Instead of making excuse that other people throw, we should commit ourselves and motivate 5 others too. --> Can be achieved not just litter but the whole civic sense eg spitting, using the roads as toilets, traffic sense etc etc.

3. We will not talk bad about our country. If we cannot take out our time and efforts to improve things, we should atleast not crib and complain. One of my students happened to say once "sir, hamara counrty to bekar hai". I told him that you should go and tell this to all the 1000's of widows who have lost their husbands and you should tell this to those children whose father died fighting for the country. You should tell all the martyrs that they were stupid to die for a bekar country. You yourself have not done anything for the country but you talk bad about it. It is the biggest insult to those who devoted their life for the country. --> Very good point. But Navin Bhai I dont think anyone will ever or means to criticise Indian Forces. We all know what armed forces have done for us. Its the frustration against the system which is letting everyone down.

4. If any foreigner/visitor comes to our country, we should extend our best behavior, help and hospitality to them, so that they go back with a good opinion of our country and with words of praise for it. I often see people laugh at, tease and harass visitors to our counrty. --> Ha Ha Ha...Where was this Navin Bhai, But point taken. Most Goras I know, had a very warm welcome in India.

Good Points. :)

rajeshrathee
August 15th, 2006, 05:33 PM

accepted bhai sahib. sahi kahan hai apne

choudharyneelam
August 15th, 2006, 08:34 PM

I'll also try to implement on myself these nice thoughts:)

poonam
August 16th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Agree with Naveen, in toto!!

ratheetheraist
August 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Agree with Naveen, in toto!!

eeeee poonam ...... u toto key hoyaa kareey ??? :p:confused:main tey bichhlya haandun sun :rolleyes:... jalaiye gyaan jyoti sii meri bhii..;):D

poonam
August 16th, 2006, 01:18 AM
eeeee poonam ...... u toto key hoyaa kareey ??? :p:confused:main tey bichhlya haandun sun :rolleyes:... jalaiye gyaan jyoti sii meri bhii..;):D

"Toto" matlab tota..jaane se na tote ka matlab..tu kati tote main reh gya as far as Latin is concerned..heh heh hehe heh..:p :D

Eeb chaal pareney... ;)

vijay
August 16th, 2006, 01:26 AM
My virews :

1. We should be honest with ourselves and more importart to be honest with our motherland.
2. The message in our thinking should be loud and clear that we love our motherland.
3. We should always proud to be an Indian.
4. We should respect our thousands years old culture and traditions and respect our guests as our culture tells us that our guests are Gods and should be treated like that.

And 100% agree with Naveen bhai's point of views.

ratheetheraist
August 16th, 2006, 01:28 AM
"Toto" matlab tota..jaane se na tote ka matlab..tu kati tote main reh gya as far as Latin is concerned..heh heh hehe heh..

Eeb chaal pareney... ;)

ooohh ... tu apni Latin Patin ney apneu dhooreyy raakh:p;) .. jaannii .. hehe :D

arr ibb tu chaal nun .....:p;)

arr issa tottaa aacha humney tey :p... kera kit bejttii karwaa deyy ya Latin apnii:)........ haha .. koi ho dialouge pyyaa ket jaamta rehnda ni tey ... :D:D

desijat
August 16th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I Agree to VIjay bhai and Navin bhai's points, and shall implement them.

More importantly to carry forward the discussion or corruption, let us enlighton everyone with Right to Information ACt, a massive tool that the congress govt has given us.

shamshermalik
August 16th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Agreed with Navin and Vijay...there are about 5000 registered Jatland members and many visiters.This is a big force and can definetly bring change if we work united.

We can do all the suggested things...lets start our fight against corruption..but it's easy said than done we need solid determination and it cannot be achieved in a year but we can make the difference. 5000 members with family members can make a force of about 25000.

Keeping our villages and cities clean is not difficult needs a little effort and awareness..not too much.

Rest of the suggested tasks are in out own control...not too difficult.

So lets start it today and motivate more members to join it.

chhillar
August 16th, 2006, 03:51 AM
I thought the subject was: What you did for your country...independence day confession!!! not advice for other as to how and what it should be...

dahiyarules
August 16th, 2006, 04:21 AM
I love my people a lot. I feel very early for the poor and the feeble who have been decapacitated and enslaved by the State.

For them I write anti-Government propaganda and educate people about the virtues of freedom and liberty.

You cannot love the people by loving the Government. You cannot love the government without hating the people. Its as simple as it sounds.

shamshermalik
August 16th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I thought the subject was: What you did for your country...independence day confession!!! not advice for other as to how and what it should be...

Chhilarji...Neki kar dariya me fenk...same rule applies here...what you did for your country is introspection by youself and not to tell to any body..because we cannot lie to ourselves.

But we are also discussing about having a theme for every independence day so that this high energy around this day can be utilised for that purpose and a theme selected on Independence Day will have more impact on us than one selected on a random day.

navingulia
August 16th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks every one. These are the points i mention in my talk to school students and children.

I always say
1. Dont get demotivated.
2. Motivate 5 people.
3. For God's sake, dont demotivate atleast.

The points mentioned by me, i feel, can go a long way in building a beautiful India.