PDA

View Full Version : Confusion in the Granth Sahib

nsidhu33
August 19th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Hello,
This is a post for anyone who can answer my question. Why is it that some Sikhs choose to not marry out of their caste's when it has been stated that Guru Nanak did not want nayone to be discriminated against because of caste, creed or gender (more or less), basically by any means. I know many peopl like this who break this rule, however condem their children from let's say cutting their hair. Why is it that so many people pick and choose what to believe and ignore other things?

dahiyarules
August 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Thats the case with every religion. Pick what you like, leave what you dislike. Become an athiest. Atleast you wont look at yourself in a mirror and think that you are a non-confirmist or a hypocrite.

meetu
August 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Hello,
This is a post for anyone who can answer my question. Why is it that some Sikhs choose to not marry out of their caste's when it has been stated that Guru Nanak did not want nayone to be discriminated against because of caste, creed or gender (more or less), basically by any means. I know many peopl like this who break this rule, however condem their children from let's say cutting their hair. Why is it that so many people pick and choose what to believe and ignore other things?
nicky 'tis not only sikh ppl but wid all da religions.. as correctly pointed by mr.dahiya.y go far luk at muslims...their religious leaders never instigated 'em 2 kill innocents.but thas happenin'
tis been correctly said"haathi ke daant khaney ke aur dekhaney ke aur"
moreover ppl. tend to preach but r relucant 2 practise....isn't it!!!!

navingulia
August 19th, 2006, 03:50 PM
man made (i mean defined) God to suit his need
man made religion to suit his need

let us discover the bigger religion of mutual uderstanding, acceptance and compassion.

deepakchoudhry
August 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
man made (i mean defined) God to suit his need
man made religion to suit his need

let us discover the bigger religion of mutual uderstanding, acceptance and compassion.

Navin Bhai,

I think you have just contradicted yourself.:)

Deepak

navingulia
August 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM
eesi ke baat ho gai bhaai