PDA

View Full Version : Ghudchadi Par Dj ??

captkalkal
August 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Jat Bhaiyon,

Starting this thread with an aim to highlight a new problem eating up our tradition,particularly in villages.

Instead of the traditional Band in ghurchari/ baraat now a days a new disease has set in and i.e. DJ in a tempo:mad: taking place of traditional band.

I'll request if we can launch a campaign against it wherever there is a marriage in our families, this is more found in villages as it brings our youngsters close to the latest in the world.( or so they think !!)

If somebody thinks otherwise,your views are most welcome but somehow I've not been able to digest this nonsense.

Ram Ram,
Capt Pawan Kalkal,

'VEER BHOGYA VASUNDHARA'

shamshermalik
August 30th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Capt Sahab,

Trends change with time, availability, necessacity and affordability. Though band looks nice but people favour DJ these days. The main reason behind this is cost. Band these days cost more than Rs 10000 while you can get a DJ for around Rs 2000. Everyone wants muxic during marriage ceremonies but its hard for a poor family to afford the band so the alternative, DJ, is not bad if you want to cut the cost.

Other reason is that in our religion there are certain months of year during which there are lot of marriages and one cannot find a good band as there are not much today and during this season the cost of band is too much for a vilager to afford. DJ though causes sound pollution but is good as it gives music of your choice. I think there is no harm in playing the original song on DJ than asking the band to try to play it. Youngester like DJ because it is better quality music and the volume is good so they can dance better.

Just on the name of tradition we should not criticise those who cannot afford or donot like the band. Marriage is happy ceremony and people have their choice to enjoy it the way they want it. What matters more than anything else is happiness and if they are happy with DJ..there is no harm in that.

We have always heard loud music being played continuously during marriage time..only difference is that now it accompanies the ghudchaddi and other such ceremonies.

Shamsher

chhillar
August 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM
If somebody wants DJ, so be it and how does it matter to you anyways? Band bajja is ‘our’ tradition…says who???? Let’s come out of our afghani style tribal and barbaric traits where we go around teaching and controlling others as to what to do while there is so much to learn personally.

Capt bhai I really don't see anything wrong with nice music on DJ so long as it is not a nuisance to others like being too loud or vulgar.

abeniwal
August 30th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I think it's should not be related with the traditions or culture the only thing is , it can affect our poor artists who survive with their talent and earn some extra money during the marriage season. Also in long term if the new generation will not see all these instruments which are used to create the music like Dhol, Turahi, Shahnai etc. how we will get the vocal artists?
We should not forget that the music which we listen in DJ's is generated by these instruments and the artists who know how to play it.
In my opinion if there is financial aspect involved than for poor people whatever he can afford is fine but if possible they should also bring some band people also may be at the time of Barat departure or Arrival.

shamshermalik
August 30th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Mr Beniwal...in my medical college there were many girls and boys who were very good in playing these instruments and some were very good singers too who won prizes in various national level events. I donot think they were ever a part of any band...!!! Even if these bandwala stop this profession then music will not vanish...but agreed that we should try to support them if we can. But they are getting costlier and costlier and beyond affordability for many villagers.

You will see band groups growing like mushrooms during wedding season and many of them have really horrible artists and I have had such experiences during few weddings. Just to earn money they just show up the number of people in band they commited but not with the quality artists and charges are very high.

You can enjoy better music with a DJ and be in happy mood rather than asking them to play nicely again and again and spoil your mood on a happy day.

gandasa
August 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM
[quote=captkalkal;113847] Jat Bhaiyon,

Starting this thread with an aim to highlight a new problem eating up our tradition,particularly in villages.

Instead of the traditional Band in ghurchari/ baraat now a days a new disease has set in and i.e. DJ in a tempo:mad: taking place of traditional band..........

I am very deeply disappointed by the people above bringing vague support to DJ thing....Infact its a bullshit thing especially during khudchadi....which is a special moment in life for a person....I dont thing cost could be reason ever for a once in a life moment.... khudchadi in itself have traditional appeal whether its from afganistan or who cares...... Nothing can beat the sound of Band ..... and the dhol which is so prominent in punjabi music even now when the juts are combining with puff daddy and the likes.......A few weeks ago I called my aussie, english friends for a get together and we watched a movie ......Monsoon Wedding..... the only thing they remember next day ....guess what.. the band baaja in one of the songs .......

virenderkhokhar
August 30th, 2006, 02:45 PM
[quote=captkalkal;113847] Jat Bhaiyon,

Instead of the traditional Band in ghurchari/ baraat now a days a new disease has set in and i.e. DJ in a tempo:mad: taking place of traditional band..........

I am very deeply disappointed by the people above bringing vague support to DJ thing....Infact its a bullshit thing especially during khudchadi....which is a special moment in life for a person....I dont thing cost could be reason ever for a once in a life moment.... khudchadi in itself have traditional appeal whether its from afganistan or who cares...... Nothing can beat the sound of Band ..... and the dhol which is so prominent in punjabi music even now when the juts are combining with puff daddy and the likes.......A few weeks ago I called my aussie, english friends for a get together and we watched a movie ......Monsoon Wedding..... the only thing they remember next day ....guess what.. the band baaja in one of the songs .......
well i tend to agree with u ....it looks so awkward n cheap people dancing on the tunes of this JUGAADU DJ . even panchayats of some villages have banned this thing because of people fighting over which song to play. of course culturally we are diminishing. it has also snatched the employment of village bandwallahs.

ashwanikalkal
August 30th, 2006, 08:01 PM
If somebody wants DJ, so be it and how does it matter to you anyways? Band bajja is ‘our’ tradition…says who???? Let’s come out of our afghani style tribal and barbaric traits where we go around teaching and controlling others as to what to do while there is so much to learn personally.

Capt bhai I really don't see anything wrong with nice music on DJ so long as it is not a nuisance to others like being too loud or vulgar.

Bhai saab ghudchadi pe dhol baajta badhiya laagega ak DJ ?
Byahaan ka to naas hoon laag rahya se
Pehle Dulha Ghode pe baitha karta, pher tractor pe baithan laaga,
ib to katiye naas hon laag rya se ak motorcycle pe baithan laag gya..

Ar Mod ne to saare e bhool gaye shayad...

captkalkal
September 1st, 2006, 03:07 PM
Dear Chillar Bhaisahab,

I just expressed my feelings which I still hold, this is a platform of sharing the same. If it has hurt u than my sincere apologies. But kindly look at the words used by u (Afgani style, barbaric traits, teaching others, controlling others !!)

By no means can we control others!!( Particularly Jats) As far as learning from others and improvement is concerned I'll appreciate if u can guide me anywhere as an elder brother !!

In our village people are growing fast with the world and adopting the latest.
Band has been one thing which was symbolic of marriage.Have you ever seen any of our old tau's dancing in front of a DJ??

In all our families we do have atleast one Chacha or Tau who encourages the youngsters to dance while others push the Ghurchari, have you seen that in front of a DJ ??

Bhaisahab jo chachi,taai, bhabhi paache- paache geet gaaya karti unka ke hoga ?? DJ ke volume main to unke geet bi khu jyange !!

I thank all others for their kind contribution and let us continue the forum with more comments / criticism.

Ram Ram,
Capt Pawan,

'VEER BHOGYA VASUNDHARA'

If somebody
wants DJ, so be it and how does it matter to you anyways? Band bajja is ‘our’ tradition…says who???? Let’s come out of our afghani style tribal and barbaric traits where we go around teaching and controlling others as to what to do while there is so much to learn personally.

pratapkundu
September 1st, 2006, 10:35 PM
sab ko ram ram hai meri aur bado ko pranaam hai ji, gaaama ke byah byu mei to dekho inn DJ aaalyaa ka gaddar ho rhyaa hai katti ae.....chhhore bhi marre batte beer sheer pee le hai arrr ferrr katiyaaa taar de hai nachan mei.....but the thing is that they dont take that iin good spirit.....bhai theek hai khaa pee liye arr naach liye.....DJ pe nachde nachde kayi naye chhore to goli gaali ki fire bhi karrr de hai , arrr ya koi badhiyaa baat ni hai....aapne kitni log marr liye nyu -e- parr ferr bhi loga ki aankh ki khuldi....gali chalaa de hai , chhori chaaariyaa ne chhed de hai , joki ghani galat baat hai akk nai ????....arrrr rai band aalya ki baat , to bhai eeb to band aale bhi jeep chalan laag ge:)

chhillar
September 2nd, 2006, 04:05 AM
Kalkal bhai, pehlyan lugai geet gaya karti eeb dance karti chalen sein, pehlyan tau ghurchadi ke tagaja laya karte eeb aape nachte chalen sein, yes I have seen a tau dancing on DJ...mere Nana Ji 87 saal ke sein arr ghudchadi mein bhi nache in my cousin's marriage...neu bata in bataan mein galat ke lagya tane...jis ka jo ji kare karan de bhai...is mein campaign launch karan ali kaun si baat he dost...all I am saying is as long as there is no vulgarity, nuisance or voilence why bother how they are doing...

its all about fun, don't start a campaign on people as to how to have fun (waise rokke koon se tane bhai)...

just because somebody is jat, he is not entiteled to DJ doesn't make sense to me....

Anyways its just a matter of discussion...take it in good spirit my freind.

trueblueindian
September 6th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Its does look cheap for sure, no doubts about this, if i am right according to our culture its was only dhol or nangara's and nothing else.

but bands were ok with changing times, i do agree when it comes to affordablity and availablity, this DJ thing is cheap n easily gettable durin marrige season for sure and for these reasons if someone is using DJ in baraat we shouldn't criticise it.

But for sure it is definately not a style statement and should be discouraged.

prashantacmet
September 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Dear captain sahab... first thing is that whether it's a band or DJ nothing is traditional in that....as the timeframe changes our style of showing Joy at such occasions vary... As far as traditions are concerned Jats are still following all the traditions in marraiges. Moreover, DJ & Bands only produce fights & abuses in Marraiges.Ppl take wine/beer & shows absurd behaviour.. If u want to campaign.... better be against of both DJ & BAND..........
naa to chaaln dyo........ DJ baaje ya Band.. Daaru pi ki koodna hi to hai............:D