PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Helps to Fight Against Obesity

dolly2003
August 30th, 2006, 03:04 PM
According to several researches on obesity, sleeping is going to be the latest weapon against obesity. The good sleep regulates appetite, body weight and risk of type 2 diabetes in adults and children both.

Researchers of Quebec’s Laval University have found that youngsters who slept eight to ten hours per night had 3.5 times more risk of being obese than a similar group of children who slept 12 to 13 hours per night.

The exact cause behind the impact of sleeping on body weight and development of diabetes is still unknown. There are some promising suspects such as leptin, ghrelin and cortisol hormones altered by lack of sleep and known to regulate appetite.

so sleep well....:)

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/10/AR2006071000704.html)

yashbeniwal
August 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Dolly Ji........

hamara bhi koi elaaz batao ..... humnai tai neend e konyi aati kati.......:confused: :cool: ;)

According to several researches on obesity, sleeping is going to be the latest weapon against obesity. The good sleep regulates appetite, body weight and risk of type 2 diabetes in adults and children both.

Researchers of Quebec’s Laval University have found that youngsters who slept eight to ten hours per night had 3.5 times more risk of being obese than a similar group of children who slept 12 to 13 hours per night.

The exact cause behind the impact of sleeping on body weight and development of diabetes is still unknown. There are some promising suspects such as leptin, ghrelin and cortisol hormones altered by lack of sleep and known to regulate appetite.

so sleep well....:)

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/10/AR2006071000704.html)

dahiyarules
August 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
This is true. Sleeping burns stored body fat.

Always workout after eating and eat light before sleeping

dolly2003
August 30th, 2006, 10:53 PM
This is true. Sleeping burns stored body fat.

Always workout after eating and eat light before sleeping

Exactly....you r rt...one should alwaz take balance diet...work out regularly ...its very important for everyone...

dolly2003
August 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
[quote=yashbeniwal;113978]Dolly Ji........

hamara bhi koi elaaz batao ..... humnai tai neend e konyi aati kati.......:confused: :cool: ;)

Do workouts regularly.....!!!!!!!

dahiyarules
August 31st, 2006, 09:26 AM
How many people in India even workout on a regular basis?

When I was in DU, my workout consisted of hanging on the railings of the "U Special" 2 hours every every morning.

I guess this is how most Indians workout. :D :D

dahiyarules
August 31st, 2006, 09:27 AM
Dolly Ji........

Stop thinking too much about how handsome and dashing you look in your Jatland fotu, and you will fall asleep. ;)

raj_rathee
August 31st, 2006, 10:39 AM
How does that sher go?:

Log kahte hain ki pyar mein neend udd jati hai,
Koi humse bhi pyar kar lo, kambhakt neend bahot aati hai.

fool4love
August 31st, 2006, 08:37 PM
u burn calories while sleeping.. coz ur body is at still. go to a doctor.. do some tests.. n find out howmany calories u burn...! then just... avoid taking.. more calories than ur body can burn.

dolly2003
September 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
How many people in India even workout on a regular basis?

When I was in DU, my workout consisted of hanging on the railings of the "U Special" 2 hours every every morning.

I guess this is how most Indians workout. :D :D

Mr Dahiya,
I guess now people are more aware of their health and most of them take care of it,moreover it depends on an individual as how regular he can be in workouts....depends upon the interest ....will to do exercises n so on....
But now in india also lot many people are going to gym n doing workouts...so its changing i guess!!!!!!!

sunilmalik
September 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
bhai aapki comment phunny laagi

Stop thinking too much about how handsome and dashing you look in your Jatland fotu, and you will fall asleep. ;)

gaganjat
September 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Infact no matter wat u do if u dont sleep well u can never be successful in life in anything. Sleep well people its tried and tested.

poonam
January 6th, 2007, 02:21 AM
True, that sleep is associated with the metabolic control of the body. Also insufficient sleep may lead to risk factor for development of Type 2 diabetes.

However, the association between sleep and obesity per se is more complex and is actually a crosstalk of multiple factors. Not just the sleep but many more factors (age of a person, diet, hormonal blance/imbalance for instance) potentially regulate/influence obesity.

So, if you think you could sleep enough and do away with those extra pounds...well ..alas...nope...work out... baby..work out..:D

keshavdahiya
January 6th, 2007, 02:38 AM
True, that sleep is associated with the metabolic control of the body. Also insufficient sleep may lead to risk factor for development of Type 2 diabetes.

However, the association between sleep and obesity per se is more complex and is actually a crosstalk of multiple factors. Not just the sleep but many more factors (age of a person, diet, hormonal blance/imbalance for instance) potentially regulate/influence obesity.

So, if you think you could sleep enough and do away with those extra pounds...well ..alas...nope...work out... baby..work out..:D

mother of disguise...;) pooooooooons
well I wud bring to your attention how a few models maintain themselves after they give birth to children.....one of them being Cindy Crawford.....

work hard ( rigrous work out) eat roughage and some carbs may a juice as a source of instant source of energy and as soon as you are done with it sleep for at least 8-9 hours and then eat healthy food.........i mean healthy food here i dont need to mention which helathy food...:cool:

why I say that is when you sleep your metabolic rate shoots up slightly and then you burn a calories which is in the form of extra flab around you which is eating you day after day when you look at your pic on jatland or may be ORKUT :p

so what you can do is sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepp and looooooooooooooose.........:)

rockyjat
January 6th, 2007, 06:39 AM
words of wisdom, maamu!!
early to bed ... early to rise,
make a man healthy wealthy & wise!

this quote is old but very effective!

chao..

Infact no matter wat u do if u dont sleep well u can never be successful in life in anything. Sleep well people its tried and tested.

mansi1218
January 13th, 2007, 01:40 AM
I love d title of dis thread!!

ravinderdahiya
January 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM

You are right, that's why its been said in haryana that the way to good health is "kha kay soo jya arr maar kay bhajj jya":D

Thanks for this wonderful piece of information, now my father won't be having any objections on my long sleeping hours.

chhillar
January 19th, 2007, 09:57 PM
why I say that is when you sleep your metabolic rate shoots up slightly and then you burn a calories which is in the form of extra flab around you which is eating you day after day when you look at your pic on jatland or may be ORKUT :p

Metabolic rate in fact goes down while you are sleeping (so obvious) but the body takes calories from fat stores instead of carbohydrates stores and that is the only difference. Stress can also trigger obesity because mind under stress feels the need of quick energy that comes from carb stores and not fat, so those who have high stress life style will naturally get fat however less they eat. You burn fat only when you are in a low or non stress mode regardless of metabolic rate high or low.

Also, eat your breakfast regularly again to boost the metabolic rate which is low when you wake up. Those who don't eat regular break fast have more chances of being obese as their metabolic rate remain low and the calorie intake deficit still does not take place.

It's all about calorie intake deficit in the end, if you are eating more than you are burning then forget it…

dolly2003
January 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Metabolic rate in fact goes down while you are sleeping (so obvious) but the body takes calories from fat stores instead of carbohydrates stores and that is the only difference. Stress can also trigger obesity because mind under stress feels the need of quick energy that comes from carb stores and not fat, so those who have high stress life style will naturally get fat however less they eat. You burn fat only when you are in a low or non stress mode regardless of metabolic rate high or low.

Also, eat your breakfast regularly again to boost the metabolic rate which is low when you wake up. Those who don't eat regular break fast have more chances of being obese as their metabolic rate remain low and the calorie intake deficit still does not take place.

It's all about calorie intake deficit in the end, if you are eating more than you are burning then forget it…

Exactly!!!..rightly said......

rraajjeevv
February 10th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know if sleep helps fight obesity but no sleep means no new brain cells. That's what a study on rats suggests.
No sleep means no new brain cells (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6347043.stm)
Missing out on sleep may cause the brain to stop producing new cells, a study has suggested.
------------------------------