PDA

View Full Version : Long work hours linked to high blood pressure

shamshermalik
August 31st, 2006, 03:35 AM
A study conducted on 24000 California workers age between 18-64 found that more hours people worked, the mre likely they were to report that they had high blood pressure.

To read the abstracts of study go to...

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Cardiology/Hypertension/tb/4005

rkumar
August 31st, 2006, 06:32 AM
Any idea about the exact mechanism how work affects blood pressure ? Since it affects unskilled and clerical workers more than the managers, I am a bit doubtful about the whole study. Study has been conducted on telephone and therefore raises more doubts.

RK^2

anilsangwan
August 31st, 2006, 07:27 AM
:D

RK Uncle ji, these so called "phoreners" will do some few new studies...

1. Eating food causes cancer

2. Working in office can be hazardous for your health...

3. Drinking beer is better than water

....aur bhi koye ho to add kariyo bhai....
Dekhtey jao....aar padhtey jao....

shamshermalik
August 31st, 2006, 08:19 AM
RK Sir..In about 95% of ceses hypertension is called IDIOPATHIC means you cannot explain the cause and mechanism properly. And stress is considered one of the many factors leading to Hypertension. More the work hours and more the stress plus many oher associated factors associated with long work hours. This study is after adjustment of other risk factors.

Clerical and unskilled worker are mre likely to have hight blood pressure than professional, suggesting that metal changes might protect against hypertension, says the article.

As far as it is done by telephone then I donot think it undermines the validity of the study as it follows a prtocol wich prevents falasies.

Any idea about the exact mechanism how work affects blood pressure ? Since it affects unskilled and clerical workers more than the managers, I am a bit doubtful about the whole study. Study has been conducted on telephone and therefore raises more doubts.

RK^2