PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin dead

gaganjat
September 5th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Hi fellows !

Hope things are goin fine with u. I have been really busy for last few months but tonight I couldnt resist logging on to tell u guys that ' Crocodile hunter is dead'

Being a wild life lover I grew up watching his programmes on Discovery in India. And after coming to Australia I got a chance to see what he was actually doin for environment and wild life. He was well known all around the world and was a prowd Australian.

Steve Iewin was a true aussi bloke with an energy and spirit like a Jat he died doin wat he loved to do. Bad news!

Know more :

http://www.biggeststars.com/s/steve-irwin-home.html

navingulia
September 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
i was a steve erwin fan. i myself have been a crocodile hunter in my childhood although there werent any crocs, there were other animals. He died doing what he loved doing, although he had a number of years more to hunt but then if you have spent your life, however long or short it is, doing what you love, life is really worth it.

cooljat
September 5th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I was too his big fan & Im quite sadden to hear about his untimely death, my heartfelt condolence r with his family & all his fans around the word!

Rock on
Jit

vijay
September 5th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Only a few people have the courage like Steve Erwin. But nobody can fight with destiny.
May God bless the soul of the brave and daring Steve.

rohittewatia
September 5th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Helping the animals is a good thing, but doing stunts acts with them is stupidity. Hope people learn of one's mistake. N Irwin finds peace at last.

trueblueindian
September 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
sure its a loss in many ways. he was a inspiration, a courageous and dedicated man.

wish he rests in peace.

deepakchoudhry
September 6th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Great Guy...I loved his programs.

God Rest his soul.

shailendra
September 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
...what a cruel and ironic twist of fate for a courageous conservationist!
Could there be a more famous hunter/researcher of the wild?
Also Apparently he had mentioned in an interview in 2002 that when he dies he would very much want it to be filmed;…. Well seems like fate heard him some four years down the line!!!

What a freak accident, someone who handled deadly vipers and nasty crocs with aplomb went out from the strike of a ‘hardly ever fatal’, stingray!…

A waste, that’s what it is… those who push the envelope probably always know somewhere deep down that they are playing with death and may not always come out trumps! In any case; he probably would have not wished to go out as any other way, early though it was and may have been for sure even by his own standards!

anilkadian
September 7th, 2006, 01:44 AM
i was stunned with the news....big loss indeed!
may the soul rest in peace

viveksiwatch
September 7th, 2006, 02:17 AM
I am a regular on Discovery and National Geo. channels and I used to watch his serials since a long time. He was a cool guy with a lot of passion for what he did. It is a big loss...may he his soul rest in peace...

-vivek

nirmiti
September 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
In December of 2004, I had visited Australia Zoo in Beerwah, Sunshine Coast in South East of Queensland with a group of 35 mentally challenged children.

We were just about to leave the crocodile show hosted by Steve when to our surprise he zeroed in on our group with his famous "crickey" phrase ...and he spent the next 30 minutes showing us around (he was probably informed of our presence there by his staff)....well what a day !!!! the children absolutely adored him..i had always been a great fan of his but after that day ...he went up a thousand notches on my scale

Well he will be truly missed ....i have shed quite a few tears after hearing of his demise ....

(Shailendra...aptly drawn cartoon ..you are truly talented...I showed it to my colleagues at work and guess what !!! you have quite a few aussies as your fans...)

gandasa
September 7th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Bloody Oath Mate....... Its a irrepairable loss....
I live just half an hour away frm his zoo in Beerwah...been there a couple of times but never get to see him ...
He was a gifted individual but still a ordinary bloke..............
In his own words, he should be remembered as for his enthusiam and passion.....I have never seen such a passionate guy anywhere so far...
Here is a link for his interview transcript with denton on Enough Rope....
Its really good...May be you can pick up something for yourself ....
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s960998.htm

In the end I feel like saying that :

Jeena Issi ka naam hai

gaganjat
September 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
They want to destroy his video footage showing how he died but I think it should be shown on tv so that people can actually know what happened.

Good to know so many of us are into wild life and know him too.

VPannu
September 7th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The govt offered a state funeral for him but his dad refused saying that he was an 'ordinary bloke'.But I feel that he was extraordinary.He was into animals since he was 9 years old.Australian Quarantine Services used him as a model, a few of you might have seen him on Australian Airports' International Terminals carrying a small pup.
He was just amazing person.Cared a lot about them.Some are saying that the cameraman who was shooting for him went too close the stingray and that could have instigated the attack.Not only humans but animals too liked him. But look what this lady has to say in this link:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20366907-662,00.html

kharub
September 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
what a loss .. he was a great bloke .. absolutely extraordinary , the passion for wildlife used to over flow out of him ... God Bless him .. very humble guy and his fathers comments have earned my respect ... so staright forward and humble family .. people like this are hard to find these days ...

a really tragic loss

aabhisheksirohi
September 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Heartbreaking , Devastated, Stunned .....

Never heard in my life, stingray attack a human being..
well according to Steve manager John Stainton he came over the top of a stingray and the stingray's barb went up and put a hole into his heart..
and the rest is history ..... !!

Great loss to the wildlife lovers. Great loss to australian icon !!

gaganjat
September 9th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Abhishek hw u doin?
With ur sign which says ''PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGURES BLEED!!'' I am just wondering are u talking about caram board or something lol !
use gloves man!

aabhisheksirohi
September 9th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Abhishek hw u doin?
With ur sign which says ''PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGURES BLEED!!'' I am just wondering are u talking about caram board or something lol !
use gloves man![/quote]

Gagan i m doing fine here !!

Well "Play IT Till Your Fingures Bleed" is related to playing Guitar..

Practice ..practice ...practice untill your fingures bleed !!!!

dolly2003
September 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM
As we all know Steve Irwin, the charming Australian TV personality and a passionate conservationist.

The recent accidental death of Steve Irwin reminds us all that how human life is so fragile. Even as the natural world shrinks because of our encroaching population it was people like Steve that brought the animal world to us. Certainly his methods were dangerous but that’s why we liked him. I have no desire to wrestle a crocidile nor grab a rattlesnake. His biggest contribution and lasting legacy was demystify the animal world.

There were many times I watched his show ... holding my breath and saying to myself ”this guy is totally crazy” but the more I watched, the more I knew the attention he was bringing to the animals and the enviroment... And this was a GOOD thing.
Just know that there are so many people living a ”safe mundane life” that are taken away in Accidents ... car accidents, robberies, being at the wrong place and the wrong time. But the difference is some people really LIVE their lives for the things they love and care about. We are always sorry to lose them but that pain can be eased by the quality not the quanity of their life.
Never in the field of conservation has one man so raised its’ worldwide profile and done so with such enthusiasm and joy.

What a loss to the conservation community!!!!His death is truly a tragedy

keshavdahiya
September 11th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Police have been handed footage taken as Irwin, filmed what was to be his last documentary. It shows him swimming above a stingray when it lashed out and speared him in the heart with its barbed tail, manager John Stainton told reporters.

"He pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," he said.

"The cameraman had to shut down. It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die ... it's terrible

Police said it appeared Irwin was just watching the ray.

"There is no evidence that Mr Irwin was intimidating or threatening the stingray," Queensland police spokesman Mike Keating told reporters.

Marine experts say stingrays can deliver horrific, agonising injuries from the toxin-laden barbs, which can measure up to 20 cm (8 in) in length and cause injuries like a knife or bayonet.

"It's not the going in that causes the damage, it's the coming out where those deep serrations kind of pull on the flesh, and you end up with a very jagged tear which is quite a pronounced injury," said Dr Bryan Fry, deputy director of the Australian Venom Research Unit.

Film star Russell Crowe praised Irwin as the "ultimate wildlife warrior".

Irwin's zoo kept its gates open Tuesday despite his death.

Documentary maker Ben Cropp said Irwin was swimming alongside a bull stingray, probably weighing around 100 kg (220 lb).

Stingrays are normally placid and only attack in self-defence. But Irwin's cameraman was filming in front of it and it probably became frightened and lashed out.

Stainton said the cameraman only became aware of the attack when he noticed Irwin bleeding.

Irwin's documentaries attracted a global audience of some 200 million people, many of them in the United States, and fans from Guam to Glasgow jammed Web sites and news blogs. Many asked how they were to explain Irwin's death to their children.