PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Tea Fights Breast Cancer!

dahiyars
September 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Dear All

I have gone through a news item saying, " Herbal Tea fights breast Cancer."
What is your opinion?

R.S.Dahiya

poonam
September 12th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Well, herbal tea do have antioxidants but haven't come across nay published research claiming its role in breast cancer. On that note, would like to mention though, that there are pumlished research/reports regarding the role of red wine (;) ) in preventing breast cancer.

There is a compound called Resveratrol that can be isolated from grape peel, which resembles estrogen (Estrogen plays a crucial role in the development of breast cancer) and it alters estrogen synthesis which is an important target for the prevention and treatment of this disease.

Well, good news for you ladies, what are you waiting for, lets raise a toast to red wine.. heh heh heh..:)

shamshermalik
September 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Alcohal in any form has been linked to increased breast cancer risk and mainly in postmenopausal women. The American Cancer Society recommands limiting your alcohal consmption.. More you drink more are the chances of breast cancer specially in post menopausal women.

Well, herbal tea do have antioxidants but haven't come across nay published research claiming its role in breast cancer. On that note, would like to mention though, that there are pumlished research/reports regarding the role of red wine (;) ) in preventing breast cancer.

There is a compound called Resveratrol that can be isolated from grape peel, which resembles estrogen (Estrogen plays a crucial role in the development of breast cancer) and it alters estrogen synthesis which is an important target for the prevention and treatment of this disease.

Well, good news for you ladies, what are you waiting for, lets raise a toast to red wine.. heh heh heh..:)

VPannu
September 14th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Poonam ji legitimately brought out the medical benefits of RED WINE.
For further information on it just click the link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wine#Medical_implications
Though it doesnt talk about the postmenopausal things for woman
Cheers Poonam ji :)

poonam
September 16th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Cheers Vivek..:D

BTW, I did not miss the red wine by you....;) ..smart ho..

shamshermalik
September 16th, 2006, 05:19 AM

Poonam Khyal rakhna...jyada RED WINE mat lena ye wiki wale kabada karvadenge...waise american cancer society intake limit karne hi kahti hai...!!!:) :)

Here are some facts to reduce breat cancer chances...

Early pregnancy and multiple pregnancies
Breast feeding for 1.5-2.0 yrs has also shown to reduce chances in some studies.
So more kids, more breast feeding and less chances :)
Control your weight..fat tissue produces some estrogen
Physical activity-brisk walk for 1.25-2.5 hours/week reduce chances by about 18%
Regular self breast examination and consult if there is any lump (mass)

VPannu
September 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Poonam I remember a popular ad in India on TV about Cadburys chocolates.It said "Khaane waalo ko to khaane ka bahaana chahiye" the same applies here too "Peene waalo ko to peene ka bahaana chahiye" be it beer, bourbon, martini or whatever. ;)
(To support Dr.Malik, drink in limits though*)
Theres one more thing I would like to highlight. We had so many threads in the past, and this one too, which were started for some topic and gradually they were taken in a different direction.