PDA

View Full Version : Banning Dr. Malik from Jatland

rkumar
October 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Its really sad to hear that Dr. Shamsher Malik has been banned from Jatland. Dr Malik might have had his strong views on many subjects but in my view that should not be the basis to remove him. He never used bad language against anyone. Jatland is like a family forum and we should be tolerant of each other. I would request Jatland administration to restore his membership.

Rajendra

netrapalsingh
October 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
agar dr.malik ko ban kiya hai to mere khayal se theek nahi hai
jatland par aise membero ke saath ye kaisa salook hai samaj nahi
ata.

netra.......

skarmveer
October 5th, 2006, 06:35 PM
We request to all moderators/administrators, Please reconsider the ban
on Dr.Malik and warn him if any thing wrong done by him.

Do justice for every one

With A Request revive if possible.
Karmveer Chahal

yudhvirmor
October 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
[quote=skarmveer;117924]We request to all moderators/administrators, Please reconsider the ban

Hi,

I dont think he does something like this, I appreciate if somebody mention the reason for ban.

Regards
Yudhvir

deepakchoudhry
October 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I dont know why he is banned but if he is banned just because of his posts than this is not fair.

Arguments and Discussions are a very good thing, Sign of a healthy enviornment. It gets passionate / heated at times but I'm sure we are all adults and we can handle it.

Samsher seems to be a good lad and we need people like him on the forum.

captkalkal
October 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't know whether it is true or not but in case it is true it is very unfortunate. Dr Malik have been interacting on various issues on all the topics and have been very genuinely raising his points without hurting anybody.

It would be better if we can know the reasons behind this ban. Moderators are requested to post their comments on the same.

itsnavin
October 5th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I don't think he's banned..click here (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=8468) to see his profile which says he's still an active member..

btw...apart from being a strong critic of current haryana govt, I don't see any public reasons to force a ban on him...If there are not enough reasons, he must not be banned..

Cheers
Navin

vijay
October 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM
It's unfortunate that Dr. Malik is banned. I don't think he posted anything that is against the rules or morality. He always put forward his point of views in a decent manner. That doesn't hurt anybody. If a person is posting many posts that shouldn't be the basis of the ban. I think there is no restriction that how many posts or threads a person can post here.

So, What is the issue ?

My request to moderators that look again into the matter and if there is any other reason please comment here.

rkumar
October 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I don't think he's banned..click here (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=8468) to see his profile which says he's still an active member..

btw...apart from being a strong critic of current haryana govt, I don't see any public reasons to force a ban on him...If there are not enough reasons, he must not be banned..

Cheers
Navin

His name is not there any more in members' list. He cerainly starts with strong arguments but then tends to agree if things ate put logically to him. We should respect his way of argueing his points. I don't know if there is some other reason to ban him. Even if he is unreasonable at times, removing is not an answer. As a family its our durty to listen to his view points till language used is appropriate. Jatland serves like a home away from home. For many of our members who live alone in far away places this is the only means to interact with community and to know the happenings. This forum is very supporting in times of lonliness. No one should be deprived of membership unless reasons are very compelling.

RK^2

choudharyneelam
October 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I also gone through this thread and came to know that Shamsher is banned..i don't think that he ever posted or commented anything wrong here...he is also one among the decent members...and if the reason is his arguments then i would say that making arguments in appropriate language is not a bad act...you just prove if his language is abusive anywhere till now.....if there is any sensible reason behind this then you can give him a warning msg for that that you do with all other members....this was never expected from you all moderators....so pls think about it again and do some justice.

Regards
Neelam

fool4love
October 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
i know what's going on..... moderators soch rahe thee kaafi din see... ki yaar kuch happening hi nai ho raha jatland pe... to kya kiya jayeeee... :confused: :confused:

then achanak... ik UPAY aaya... lets BANNNNN someone...!!! or socha.. isi bahane.. BANN BUTTON ka.. test bhi ho jayega.. ki if its still working or not!!!!

everytime somebody gets banned... we find out from a member... shouldn't moderators be the one letting us know.. if a person is banned.. with a reason..???

kharub
October 5th, 2006, 11:04 PM
In my humble opinion it is just not right to ban anybody who has displayed totally civil behaviour ...... we dont want Jatland turning into a Stalinist regime ..

A person does not have to agree with others and argument is not bad as long as no fowl language is used or any line of decency crossed ......

This is as I understand a platform for Jats to express their views openly and to increase the communal bond ..... this platform should not be exploited to further political interests or to censor people from expressing their political views.

I am not sure who the member in question is ... I dont know him ........ but nonetheless this practise of censoring and banning civil behaving members is fundamentally flawed ........

If a member is banned the community has a right to know on what basis .. otherwise the jatland admin risks alienating the whole community against them ..

I really appreciate this platform and would like it to succeed and flourish ....

mann123
October 5th, 2006, 11:59 PM
This is totally wrong and by doing this we are humiliating someone. We must be Democratic and must be open to our criticism. I had seen many post of Dr. Malik and i haven't found anyone wrong. if this is the way we do good to our community peoples then I strongly object it.

May be the next to be banned is ............, without any reason.

spdeshwal
October 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Dear Administrotors and moderaors,

This is really unfortunate and iilogical to ban Dr. Shamsher Malik. I have read most of his post and really did not notice anything objectional. Is it wrong to send a few more post to prove one's point. In that case, is there any limit for no. of posts an individual member can post here.

I have another doubt about your action. I can find only one fault with his post and that writing against present regime in Haryana. If the admin are nourishing this tendency, then this is going to harm this site immensely.
What ever may be his folly but deseved some explanation. Did the Moderators or administrators do that? If not, than start doing that.

Hope the the admin. will realise the damage of this kind of action and revoke Dr. Malik's suspension.

cheers!

vijay
October 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Dear Administrotors and moderaors,

This is really unfortunate and iilogical to ban Dr. Shamsher Malik. I have read most of his post and really did not noticed anything objectional. Is it wrong to send a few more post to prove one's point. In that case, is there any limit for no. of posts an individual member can post here.

I have another doubt about your action. I can find only one fault with his post and that writing against present regime in Haryana. If the admin are nourishing this tendency, then this is going to harm this site immensely.
What ever may be his folly but deseved some explanation. Did the Moderators or administrators do that? If not, than start doing that.

Hope the the admin. will realise the damage of this kind of action and revoke Dr. Malik's suspension.

cheers!

Respected Deshwal bhai saab,

You asked me a question on one thread that where is that kind hearted young poet gone. This is the answer.

Whatever Dr. Malik posted is always decent and mature and he is banned and would you like me to provide the links where some members commented so abusively against some leaders and that is tolerable to the admins but decent point of views from Dr. Malik are not.

ratheetheraist
October 6th, 2006, 03:44 AM
wah wah... kya kaabelley taareef kaam kiya hai ...!!

kya Dr. Malik ko isliye ban kar diya gaya k wo chautala saab k supporter hain...!! arrey jey yaa baat bhi sai tey manney bhi karr dyoo koiiiiiiiii..... !!!

kyunki aur tey humney koi baat nahi deekhti jo kissey k khatki hoo..!!

arr bhai jee ya baat khatki bhi ho tey 100 bey khatkoo...!!

karann batao notice cheppna padega inkey kammryaan k bahar...kyun bhaaiyoo..!!

ndahiya
October 6th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Can't help smiling at how some of us have got worked-up without much information. So here goes:

1. He is presently not banned, but is a moderated member. Which means his posts have to be approved by a moderator before being visible.

2. The views (political or otherwise) of the members do not interest us, so that is not the point. The reason for his being placed on the moderation list has NOTHING to do with the reasons supposedly ascribed in this thread.

3. There is substantial information assymetry here. The offending activities are dealt with the mods, so you never get to see those. Suffice to say that despite his antics, he's not been asked to leave (so far) coz of his sometimes thoughful (though sometimes distasteful) posts.

4. The role of moderators is not to police free speech, but to maintain decorum. But when an individual takes a dispropotionate amount of mod time consistently, appropriate action needs to be taken.

5. For the n-th time, if someone does not like being moderated, it is their choice. We like everyone to remain a active member, but the rules of the site need to be adhered to.

Hope this settles the debate. This thread is now closed.

Nitin

ndahiya
October 6th, 2006, 07:33 AM
A correction to the above.

I placed him on the moderation queue a few days back, but another moderator banned him yesterday for his continued antics. That ban was lifted today. Needless to say, I did not know about this other loop.

He remains in the moderated queue. And no, there is no limit on how long someone remains there (till they sober down!!).