PDA

View Full Version : Randua Pratha in JATS

rajoura
October 7th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Hi Friends

I would like to put some light on the Randua Pratha in some parts of Western UP. Specially in Distt Bagpat and Disst Muzafarnagar. I have heard this from several people, and infact met several Jat families where only one brother use to get married and other brothers use to share their wife. This was done to save the divsion of land. I hope all of us would accept that this kind of culture if not common but definately was followed by some of the Jat families.

Kindly click this to read about it.

http://www.india-today.com/itoday/19990816/offtrack.html

Long time back on Zee TV they showed several Jats families who folowed this practice. Infact some of the people who were children of this kind of culture also gave their interview. On a positive side, they say it was done so that land is not divided and kids born from these kind of marriages would have more love between each other because it was difficult to figure our that who was who's son. But now this is turning out to be a big problem

Kindly click on this link to confirm

http://www.zeenews.com/spesial_art.asp?aid=232071&sid=NEW

I do not name those families or village name on this website unitll I take their permission. However, I hope most us who belong to Bagpat or Muzafarnagar would be aware of Randua Pratha. I surprized this thing has never been discussed on this website. Is it because we are ashamed of it or we do not have courage to accept it this reality.

I would like hear your thought on this.

Best Regards

Sanjeev

vijay
October 7th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Well,

I don't believe on one or two reports from the professional journlists only. They know how to manipulate anything.

As there are many jatland memebrs, who belongs to Shamli region and they can tell us better about this thing.

rkumar
October 7th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Hi Friends

I would like to put some light on the Randua Pratha in some parts of Western UP. Specially in Distt Bagpat and Disst Muzafarnagar. I have heard this from several people, and infact met several Jat families where only one brother use to get married and other brothers use to share their wife. This was done to save the divsion of land. I hope all of us would accept that this kind of culture if not common but definately was followed by some of the Jat families.

Long time back on Zee TV they showed several Jats families who folowed this practice. Infact some of the people who were children of this kind of culture also gave their interview. On a positive side, they say it was done so that land is not divided and kids born from these kind of marriages would have more love between each other because it was difficult to figure our that who was who's son. But now this is turning out to be a big problem

I do not name those families or village name on this website unitll I take their permission. However, I hope most us who belong to Bagpat or Muzafarnagar would be aware of Randua Pratha. I surprized this thing has never been discussed on this website. Is it because we are ashamed of it or we do not have courage to accept it this reality.

Best Regards

Sanjeev

There is no such Pratha in western UP. Such incidences can be found all over India and can not be called Pratha..This is nothing more than anti Jat policy of Indian media.

RK^2

rajoura
October 7th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Hi Vijay

I am not saying that every jats family followed this practices but to honest with you lot of families in Shamli area did it.

I infact met lot of such families and you will be surprized to know that they were proud of all this because they think when our Pandavs can share draupdi than what's wrong if we are doing it.

Thank

Sanjeev

arunshamli
October 7th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Hi Friends

Best Regards

Sanjeev

absolute rubbish.

there may be some instances where there are some extra maritial affairs, but that happens everywhere. and can not be called a pratha.

however one thing is true that randua's are being killd now a days for the land. jaton ke randue aajkal safe nahi hain, unke ghar ke log hee unehe maar dete hain.

but sharing the wife thing, abhee jaton ke itne bure din nahi aaye ke wife bhee share karni pade.

rajoura
October 7th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Mr Rajinder

I am not saying this thing just to make a news. I am also from Western UP. If you do not know about pratha that kindly pay the visit to these families.

Just to remind you, Navneet Sikera SSP of Muzafarnagar, prepared this randua register to stop the killing.

Thanks

Sanjeev

arunshamli
October 7th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Mr Rajinder

I am not saying this thing just to make a news. I am also from Western UP. If you do not know about pratha that kindly pay the visit to these families.

Just to remind you, Navneet Sikera SSP of Muzafarnagar, prepared this randua register to stop the killing.

Thanks

Sanjeev

bhai ye toh hain hee Shamli ke. aur aajkal rahate bhee wahi hain.

rajoura
October 7th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Arun

Have the courage to accept the truth. You can check the names of the families who has followed this pratha.

http://www.india-today.com/itoday/19.../offtrack.html

Let me tell you, I belong to Disstt Bulandshahar and I was also shocked when I heard this first time. But than I paid a visit to this area with some of my Jats friends from Shamli. They make me meet those families. The best part is this that these families are really proud of what they have done to save their land. They say our land is our mother and there is nothing wrong what we have done to save our land.

Thanks

Sanjeev

arunshamli
October 7th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Arun

Have the courage to accept the truth. You can check the names of the families who has followed this pratha.

Let me tell you, I belong to Disstt Bulandshahar and I was also shocked when I heard this first time. But than I paid a visit to this area with some of my Jats friends from Shamli. They make me meet those families. The best part is this that these families are really proud of what they have done to save their land. They say our land is our mother and there is nothing wrong what we have done to save our land.

Thanks

Sanjeev

chal bhai jib tu kahe toh man liya. but how many such families did you meet?

rkumar
October 7th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Mr Rajinder

Thanks

Sanjeev

List does not prove Pratha. List does prove the risk these Randwas have to their lives... Randaws often play games between brothers for better attention and blackmail entire family. So its a purely land issue and there is no Pratha involved.

RK^2

rkumar
October 7th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Arun

Thanks

Sanjeev

Few persons making this deal among themselves can not be called Pratha. That way there are loads of husbands in Delhi who let their wives sleep around for money. In my view those families are nothing better than such husbands..

RK^2

raj_rathee
October 7th, 2006, 03:22 AM
I have heard incidents of this sort. But would agree that there is no
"pratha" as such. It has happened in more of an ad-hoc way. In the past
when there have been shortages of females, many such cases
used to happen. And I suspect, now with the gender ratio out of whack,
such incidents may again come to the fore.

Also, I do not find anything wrong with it. Seems pretty practical.
As long as the people involved are fine with it, everyone should mind
their bloody business. Law should be adapted to deal with such
setups.

As in all human interactions, complications/issues can arise within such a
setup too. What if the wife develops favorites ;) :D ...and so on. So the
complications can get nasty.

On the other hand if everything goes well, I bet the wife gets to have
a hell of a joyride ;) :D what with all the attention she gets. :cool:

rajoura
October 7th, 2006, 03:23 AM
I think you all took me wrong. I am not trying to tell you that all Jats of Shamli did it or it is a pratha among Jats.

The thing I am trying to tell is that if you meet these families they will say that Mahabharat is shown on TV and we all proudly say that Pandav's shared Draupadi and we also tell these stories to our kid. If Pandav's can be considered brave and great people despite they shared their wives than what is wrong if a normal person does this.

And let me tell you these people did not share their wife with someone outside the family, They only share them with their real brothers. I have so far seen atleat 100-150 families who have practiced this pratha.

I asked these people why you do not follow this pratha now, they replied now a days mens have started running after women. Today wives are more important than parents and brothers. Nowadays son levaes his family as soon as he get family.

Thanks

Sanjeev

rakeshsehrawat
October 7th, 2006, 06:49 AM
mere ek dost hain jo modinagar se hain aur ye baat unhone kahi thee to mujhe mazak lagi thee lekin aaj lag raha hai ki wo sach thee. unhone kisi gaon ka jikar kiya tha lekin wo shamli nahi tha sayad unhone kaha tha muzaffarnagar k pass ek gaon hai

mann123
October 7th, 2006, 09:42 AM
yeah baat to sola anee sach hai bhaiyo. this is not because of land but the other factor is dowry and because of the heavy dowry systemin western UP people don't even hesitate to kill their female childs. Now the problem is that they don't have option to share their wives with each other.

Haryana me bhee gama me choraa randae gumhe hai koi ristey aalee na attee. ab wo jamana nahee raha ke choree ne dehlee par kara deh thee eb to ghar bar aur chora dhekhe hai ak kamake khuva bhee deega ke nahee. log pehla hi check up kara le hai ek choree hai ak choora.

netrapalsingh
October 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Friends

Best Regards

Sanjeev

sanjeev bhai aap bar bar zeenews ka reference kyo de rahe ho aap
zeenews ke sare akdo ke sahee mante ho ye wo hee news chanell
hao jo chunavo ke samay kya akde dete hai or kya nikalte hai
rahee baat aapke randwa pratha kee to ye pratha har state or
har cast me hai or aaj bhee hai. Haryana, rajasthan, UP ke
har gaon me kam se kam 34 se 60 kee sankhya me ladke bina
shadi ke overage ho rhae hai kyo kee aaj jis trike se bhrunhatya
badh rahee hai isse age ke 10 - 20 salo me samasya or bhee
badhe gi. Dusra karan hai qualified ladkiyo kee badhtee hui sankhya.

netra..............

desijat
October 9th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Bhai aisa to maine kabhi nahi suna hote hue
i am frm Western UP and aisa kaam to ghana hi madda manna ja hai

and this is in practise in Punjab, zee news did show a report on many families, they get wives from Bengal.