PDA

View Full Version : India as good as Afghanistan

rkumar
October 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
A fresh appraisal of countries striving to meet the eight millennium development goals clubs India with Nepal and Afghanistan.

http://www.business-standard.com/economy/storypage.php?leftnm=3&subLeft=1&chklogin=N&autono=262196&tab=r

Such news don't stire Indian emotions and never push their resolve to improre. Are we not too selfish people and care least for the respect of our nation? Is this selfishness imbeded in our religion ?

RK^2

aabhisheksirohi
October 19th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Such news don't stire Indian emotions and never push their resolve to improre. Are we not too selfish people and care least for the respect of our nation? Is this selfishness imbeded in our religion ?

RK^2

Straight from the heart there is no need to show much emotions on such news. UN report on "Millennium Development Goals" does not reveal the clear picture of individual countries ranking. I believe the rankings of World Economic Forum's covers all the eight goals of MDG report. And we are proud to say we rank 43rd in the world. Much ahead of countries like China and other stuffs.

Funny thing about this MDG report is if we compare Southern Asia ie Indian Subcontinent with Eastern Asia ie China, we are matching all the rankings of their described 08 goals as per MDG report. Can China be compared with Afghanistan or Pakistan or Nepal as these countries had been described as " falling further behind six years after the World will achieve those 08 goals by 2015??

chhillar
October 19th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Is this selfishness imbeded in our religion ?
RK^2

What does religion has to do with it? What do you say about Baanias, Sunaars, Brahmans, Politicians, Industrialists, Scholars, Civil Servants, Doctors, Layers, Other Professionals, don't they belong to the same religion too???

sidchhikara
October 19th, 2006, 04:01 AM
What does religion has to do with it? What do you say about Baanias, Sunaars, Brahmans, Politicians, Industrialists, Scholars, Civil Servants, Doctors, Layers, Other Professionals, don't they belong to the same religion too???

Religion divides people. Religion wants you to believe in fairytales and loose your grip on reality. I think it is the leading cause of death and devastation around the world. You can believe in any religion you want but try not to become a fundamentalist. I personally stopped believing when I reached the age of reason.

chhillar
October 19th, 2006, 04:29 AM
religion doesn't divide people, its people who divide people

sidchhikara
October 19th, 2006, 04:47 AM
religion doesn't divide people, its people who divide people
Yes you are right. People are too immature. If its not religion they will find other ways to divide - like caste, race etc. We live in an divided world. I personally still don't understand the need to follow any religion. It is liberting feeling. I have met people from all religions - especially christians in the US. The preacher who dresses up nicely on an sunday morning to preach at a church is no different than our own pundit - the difference is that they are trying to push 2 different stories from 2 different books. Some of the stories are hilarious, LOL funny. anyway have a good evening.

rkumar
October 19th, 2006, 05:54 AM
In my post I raised a question if selfishness is embedded in Hindu religion ? I personally believe so because;

1. In Hinduism we worship God individually and not collectively.
2. Hinduism does not talk of charity and giving a portion of our earnings to poor.
3. Moksha is achieved through our individual worship.
4. Emphasis on individuality in Hinduism is probably responsible to our being self centered and selfish.
5. Hindu priests are rarely known for community work and for running educational institutions.
6. How can one improve the condition of untouchables without ever touching them ?

RK^2

vinodks
October 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
In my post I raised a question if selfishness is embedded in Hindu religion ? I personally believe so because;

1. In Hinduism we worship God individually and not collectively.RK^2
Go to satsanghs. Holy spirit(collective spiritual awareness) decends on congregrations.

2. Hinduism does not talk of charity and giving a portion of our earnings to poor.RK^2
Bhikshu-dana, Brahman-dana hindu dharam ki purani parampara rahi hai.

3. Moksha is achieved through our individual worship.RK^2
????

4. Emphasis on individuality in Hinduism is probably responsible to our being self centered and selfish.RK^2
Personalized definitions don't prove anything.

5. Hindu priests are rarely known for community work and for running educational institutions.RK^2
I dont know where to begin to list Hindu community service orgn and educational institute. On second thought, kill all the priests and make India a developed country NOW. Weapons can be imported from Afganistan. Do you know whats the reason for water problem in Delhi? its because of Brahamans, they use too much to take bath. That way cause every problem in world can be reduced to Hinduism. Hinduism is like a goat, whatever makes you angry you can always beat it and vent out your frustration.

6. How can one improve the condition of untouchables without ever touching them ?
RK^2
Hugging and touching all untouchables will make them touchable and problem is solved. Better still, lets hug them all together. In that ordered state entropy of the world also may decrease so that there is no more terrorism, drug and rape problem.

-vinod

aabhisheksirohi
October 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Subject of the Thread is " Is India as good as Afghanistan" ?

As per UN report on "Millennium Development Goals".

And we are discussing on Religion, Hinduism, Moksha, Priests, Baanias, Sunaars, Brahmans giving justification each other.

I believe we are discussing off the track in this thread.

yudhvirmor
October 19th, 2006, 03:27 PM
[quote=aabhisheksirohi;119265]Subject of the Thread is " Is India as good as Afghanistan" ?

Who the hell UN is to decide that whether we are better or worse than Afghanistan?

We dont use tanks as taxis in India.

We dont have Nato forces to kill innocent people in the streets.

We dont grow opium to support our economy.

we are not at the vege of civil war.

There is an infrastructure for basic needs at least better than Afghanistan.

India is the best example of democracy.

We forget that we have population of more than one billion and still we are doing good.

Its better if UN suggest something to so called devloped countreies.

Regards
Yudhvir Mor

shamshermalik
October 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Has decreased the frequency to visit Jatalnd but seeing this topic thought to write few lines. Indeed a very nice topic picked but discussion is going in all directions so I am also adding one more.

If kids are dying of measels, a vaccine prevetable disease, then the blame goes to...goes to...goes to where...well vaccination for measels is state health policy and its the responsibilty of state govt health services to apread awareness and make sure evry child is immunised. Millions of gallons of gas is wasted by govt officials for their personal use why cannot they just spread the awareness and provide better facilities and better cold chain. Kids are getting Polio even after vaccination...only because of poor vaccine quality or improper cold chain till vaccination site.

Comming to drinking water...Haryana govt has very high claims for years to provide drinking water...but reality...the water supplied is not suitable to drink. This in summer I visitted about 5 such Jal Ghar...no proper filtration...no chlorination..and the water supplied in most areas is under ground water not fit for drinking. Just get our villages supply fixed, I have to sweat a lot.

Regarding health services...being a doctor and served in for few years in Himachal Pradesh...unfortunately I feel bad when I look at, not all, but many of the govt hospitals specially at tehsil and dist level in Haryana, very poor sabitation, very few patients and very few doctors on duty.
Truth is that even a poor patient, even if he has to borrow money, preffers to get treated at a prrivate hospital than visiting the govt hospital.
I think most of the patients who visit these tehsil and dist hospitals are medico legal cases.

What to say about remooving hunger and poverty...here only rich is preffered, if a poor person want to meet a CM or PM he probably will not be allowed but if Tata or Ambani wants to meet them well you that. Here only poor is removed not poverty.

Last thing about religion, yes our religious practices are not that rewarding for social cause except that may be we pray a lot for our selfish reasons. We give dan only to pandit or a bhikshu and not to a hungry child of a so called lower cast. In most of the houses in Jat community atleast once in a month this practice of holy day is observed when we donot even allow a lower cast person to even drink water from our house.

who to be blamed ourself??? the govt??? or the religion???

chhillar
October 19th, 2006, 11:11 PM

2. Hinduism does not talk of charity and giving a portion of our earnings to poor.
4. Emphasis on individuality in Hinduism is probably responsible to our being self centered and selfish.
5. Hindu priests are rarely known for community work and for running educational institutions.

RK^2

OK, hinduism is the worst religion and cause of the troubles in India if that makes you feel better.

Religion is some thing to practiced 'individually' and not to be preached or maligned specially when you are not the subject matter expert on it.

Why don't you suggest some better ways to Moksh than suggested by our granths

Don't blame the situation to priests or preachers, what about those who follow?

sidchhikara
October 20th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Why don't you suggest some better ways to Moksh than suggested by our granths

Don't blame the situation to priests or preachers, what about those who follow?

What is suggested by our granths for us to attain moksha? I want to know that. What do I do after I attain moksha? How does my life change?

Who are the people that follow the priests? Really gullible people?

chhillar
October 20th, 2006, 12:55 AM
What is suggested by our granths for us to attain moksha? I want to know that. What do I do after I attain moksha? How does my life change?

Who are the people that follow the priests? Really gullible people?

Pick up those granths if you really want to know what they suggest. Moksh mile gee, life change hogi, pher aage ke hoga??? Ram jane bhai!!!

Bhai Chhikara Sahab iss mamle mein koi sahayta nahin kar sakta mein aap ki

mann123
October 20th, 2006, 02:38 AM
After reading some of the thoughts in the thread I feel :

Hindu/Hinduism : There is no religion mention with this name in any ancient/Vedic books. As per some of the Good Books The word "Hindu" were given to the culture living around Sindhu/Indus. The first religion of Bharat was "Sanatan Dharm" and Sanathan means endless. I think our religion is large and most respectable tolerant religion in the word. Our religion created and spreads the other religions and the important thing is all the creations are tolerant and respects peace. But certainly some selfish people made some amendments in our cultural process to get benefits. Our religion clearly says that caste in not by Birth it's by "Karm".

Doosri baat hum har cheej ke liye Govt ka kaam kah kar apna pichha chutaa lete hai. Bhai if we don't afford the well being of our children then why to have half a dozen of kids then. And I think main cause of our lacking in development is population. The people in India sits idle and don't have work to do.

We can any time be US if we have less population than them. As we have lot more resources but they will always stay short by the current rate of population. There are lot many villages in India specially in UP where there is competion in producing childs between two Religions (I don't want to mention the religion as everbody know which one they are). They don't even bother who will take care of them there purpose is to create more hands than there neighbour. Our community is also part of it.

I don't want to discuss the further cause of rise in population in India. Even the Government don't want to do anything on this because they fear this will damage there vote bank.

shamshermalik
October 20th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Doosri baat hum har cheej ke liye Govt ka kaam kah kar apna pichha chutaa lete hai.

I don't want to discuss the further cause of rise in population in India. Even the Government don't want to do anything on this because they fear this will damage there vote bank.

Mann Sahab, wHat is this? Did not you blame the govt in the end???

vijay
October 20th, 2006, 03:19 AM

RK^2

What we are disccussing here ???

Hinduism or a comprasion between Indian and Afganistan ?

The people who questions the teachings of Hinduism must have a look on the other religions of this planet.

If an Indian thinks that we Indian can be compared with Afgansitan by any means in todays world then I have nothing to say.