PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted regarding email hacking

drjatin
October 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Ram Ram jat Bhaio,

I have got a problem in my email account i received an email and all the people to whom i have ever sent a mail are receiving e mails in my name which appear to have originating from my account
which i have not sent. It is leading a lot of embarrassment to me that mail usually contains a poem and an attachment with the title share my love or some other junk stuff. i have changed my password still the problem is continuing and people are still receiving junk emails. Can any jat fellows help me in this regard whats wrong.

Thanks and regards

DRJATIN

misguidedyouth
October 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM
not necessary that your account is hacked

anybody can send an email that appears to be coming from for example billgates@microsoft.com

the way to find out is to go through the email headers

doesn't sound like a virus, sounds like somebody you know might be playing a prank on you

you haven't specified whether you're using an antivirus program, everyone connected to the internet should use one

drjatin
October 24th, 2006, 03:28 AM
not necessary that your account is hacked

anybody can send an email that appears to be coming from for example billgates@microsoft.com

the way to find out is to go through the email headers

doesn't sound like a virus, sounds like somebody you know might be playing a prank on you

you haven't specified whether you're using an antivirus program, everyone connected to the internet should use one

Thanks a lot bhai! i am using Norton antivirus the crank email was sent to all my contacts and to all contacts of the contacts. It appears to be sent from my account only.

Anyway thanks a lot once again!

Cheers,

DRJATIN

desijat
October 25th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Dude ur Account is not hacked

There are many Fake Emailers which use the same A/C as yours and send mails to your contact.

It looks as if u have mailed them
chill Relax and ask ur contacts to ignore those mails

Someone is playing pranks on u

drjatin
October 26th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Dude ur Account is not hacked

There are many Fake Emailers which use the same A/C as yours and send mails to your contact.

It looks as if u have mailed them
chill Relax and ask ur contacts to ignore those mails

Someone is playing pranks on u

Thanks a lot Bhai for your reply! I think you are right!

Cheers!

aabhisheksirohi
October 27th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Ram Ram jat Bhaio,

I have got a problem in my email account i received an email and all the people to whom i have ever sent a mail are receiving e mails in my name which appear to have originating from my account
which i have not sent. It is leading a lot of embarrassment to me that mail usually contains a poem and an attachment with the title share my love or some other junk stuff. i have changed my password still the problem is continuing and people are still receiving junk emails. Can any jat fellows help me in this regard whats wrong.

Thanks and regards

DRJATIN

It is possible to generate email from your account to your friends without
hacking your account or confirming your acknowledgement. Same way it is possible to send SMS on mobiles from your number to your friends without using your mobile phone. Nothing to worry you can trace those culprit through your ISP help. Only way to trace those culprit is the IP address of the machines from where the email has been sent . Normally ISP wont help without the involment of Police in such cases do lodge an official complaints and involve police your ISP will trace the machines and you can track the culprit.

We used to do all these masti during our college days but thankfully we did not had a Cyber Law during those days. But India is now having a Cyber Law for such cases.

Second way to trace those emails is through email headers.
As most mail readers do not show the header cuz it contains information that is for computer to computer routing . About the only thing in an e-mail header that cannot be faked is the Received portion referencing your computer . You need to look at the headers .

For Hotmail users

How to set show the mail headers in hotmail:
1. After you login, just to the right of the tabs, select Options
2. Under Additional Options, select Mail Display Settings
3. In the Message Headers section, click the Advanced button
Click on the word "OPTIONS" in the MENU BAR.
On This menu, click on "E-Mail Options (ctrl-E)"
This will get you a Dialog Box:
In the "Show message headers" part, you need to have the "Full" button marked in order to show full message headings.

For Yahoo users

Click on the "Mail Options" link located near the top right-hand side of the page.
Click the "General Preferences" link.
Locate the Show Headers heading and select either "Brief" or "All."
Click the "Save" button to put your new settings into effect.

vikramjaat1
November 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
IF your actual email account is being used by somebody to send emails, then it is matter of concern. Check out the following
1) It is either somebody who knows the pattern of passwords you use and can guess them easily.
2)The PC which You use could be used by some other person also.
3)Somebody has installed some spyware in your absence : A Stealth key-logger with a Stealth e-mail ( Check www.amecisco.com)

drjatin
November 5th, 2006, 12:11 AM
thanks a lot,

thanks a lot Abhishek and vikram to all of you for the help especially Abhishek bhai you told me the exact thing. I am able to track the IP Address and have forwarded a copy to police. Lets see if they take any action!

DRJATIN