PDA

View Full Version : Why Bruno was burnt alive?

dahiyars
October 21st, 2006, 11:40 PM
Dear All

In history we read that Socrates was copelled to drink a cup of poision, Bruno was burnt alive and Galeleio was also given a Fatwa to be Hanged.I think they challenged the status quo forces. Please add why it was so?

R.S.Dahiya

rkumar
October 22nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
Dear All

In history we read that Socrates was copelled to drink a cup of poision, Bruno was burnt alive and Galeleio was also given a Fatwa to be Hanged.I think they challenged the status quo forces. Please add why it was so?

R.S.Dahiya

Very simple.. Its like dealing with a woman. If handled improperly, one gets a slap on the face or even charge of molesting her. Same applies to those in power. These people did not know how to tell truth in a proper way. People in power don't know how to handle truth and need to be told in appropriate manner.

RK^2

georgian
October 22nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
it is not really necessary to know the truth, but it is also important to know how the truth needs to be served, the truth was there but the toppings were unpleasant.. rest to your decision

kharub
November 5th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Dear All

R.S.Dahiya

Socrates was prisoned and the forced to drink poision, Bruno was burned alive because they challenged the existence of God directly through their phylosophical argumnents, theories and statements

Galelio though a devout christian was persecuted because what he proposed was againt the values that the church preached ...... even though he maintained till the end that he believed in the existance of God.

Religion is a tool for societal control

chhillar
November 5th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I think RK saab has made a very good observation about truth (not about woman though), we all have not only to know the truth but also know as to how to handle or deal with it.

deepakchoudhry
November 5th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Everything sounds good in a Hindsight.

The Fact is rulers (or people in power) at the time felt threatned by truth if it was told.

And nothing has changed even today now spin doctors are used to make look lies into truths.

People in power are not interested in truth specially if it does not suit them.

mustang
November 5th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Status Quo nu laagyo kee ee Socrates, Bruno, Galeleio... mharee *roti* kharab kar see.

Uun jamane me latkano sub su assan tariko ho *roti* kharab karan aale su chutkaro paane mei.

To un status quo seedho ulto latka diyo.

Eeb bhee baat ba hee hai. Par latkano ko tareeko badal go.

Dear All

R.S.Dahiya