PDA

View Full Version : have a thought

msingh
October 23rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
hi everybody
i want to share my experience wid u ,,,i went to a church yesterday wid a friend of mine to see what exactly christinanity conveys . The people had been really nice and the priests speaks all what is there in our relegious books but in the middle of his speech he sd people of the world dont know tht there is one god and all the sinners in this world shd know that only Jesus Christ can save them ,,,,and this was the moment when i was like RIDICOLOUS....we hindus never say tht there is one god ,,,we never say tht our relegion is the best ,,,

i told my friend who is very critical about religion that we indian and hindus never say that we r the best breed and our relegion is the best,,i got to spk to other people and also the preist and sd that it is very good to have faith in ur own relegion but critizing that other relegions are not good is a wrong message that u r giving who want to understand and know about ur relegion ,,,,,
at the end they wanted to gift me there bible and i had my smalll book of hanuman chalisa in english which i always carry wid me ,,,i sd alright i will take ur Bible and would love to read that and as a small gesture please take my holy book to read and understand and the priest refused ,,,
then what am i supposed to do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i gave Him his bible back

this is the best thing i could do at tht moment and i am very happy bout it ,,,,GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY

shamshermalik
October 23rd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Manisha, On one hand you did right thing by giving back the Bible but my personal feeling, I think you should have kept that. As you said we donot criticisize other religions, by keeping that you would have sent that message in strong words and may be few christians might have given that a thought.

One more thing even in Hamuman Chalisa there are few lines in the end that sounds some a lot similar to what the priest said regarding Jesus

kindly read this..from Hanuman Chalisa.

Aur Devta Chit na dharehi Hanumanth se hi sarve sukh karehi

Means.. One need not entertain any other deity for Propitiation, as devotion of Shri Hanuman alone can give all happiness.

pnauhwar21
October 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Religions like Christianity and Islam are like 1 man company. Each has only 1 god to worship, Jesus and Allah where Hinduism is large corporation and has 84 crore workers/gods to serve its people. We should actually highlight this :cool: . We have so many gods with different skillsets whom we can call depending on the situations. Like we can call Hanuman if we need to fight, Sarswati if we want to study, Laxmi for money and so on. We also allow people not to believe in murti pooja and hence specific gods viz. in Aryasamaj but still follow hinduism. So hinduism is all about your needs, your beliefs as well as being tolerant to other religions as their gods are also part of our company but working as independant consultants to some other people.

But, to the point of your post I think its totally normal for Christians not to believe in our scriptures as they are scared that their God Jesus will get angry. After all how many of us hindus have actually read Bible out of religious thoughts and not just curioisity. Whereas so many of angrez actually are part of Iskon worshipping Krishna or even using Ganesha and other gods on their T-shirts as they are fascinated by the colorful and vibrant images of our gods. So many of angrez are also part of Indian Guru's ashrams like Yognanda and the like. So, tolerating other religions is all about individual beliefs and not people as a whole.

choudharyneelam
October 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
I agree with Shamsher and totally satisfied with Prashant's reply to your post..even at some point i agree with you Manisha that these Christians and Muslims are the two communities that always publicise about thier religious and God...i did my schooling from Christian school and there too when there was any grand function in our school we all students use to listen a long lecture from Church Father about their Jesus that He is the only one God on earth and yes they do some criticism about other religions....but if we look properly then in the ending line of our every prayer it is said about that particular God only whom we pray....like one Shamsher already told here....but the behaviour that you showed there is just kiddish...every community has different beliefs for thier own religion and gives full importance to that only....and if you say that we all never say that ours is best then dear just think what all these pravachan vaktas are doing outside India now....did they just went to listen and follow their religion????...they too have went to publicise our religion by their own way...isn't it???????

georgian
October 24th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Dear all,
Religion is the biggest mirages that we chase all our lives, I always felt and agreed with the viewpoint that hinduism is not a religion, it is a way of life.B e it chrictianity or Islam, though they bost of only one god, but still would have loads of saints..... st. peters, st. gregorious, st. phenomilon and so on... who are worshipped and have churches in their names, they are also divided by two schools of thoughts Catholics and protestants. Similar is with Islam... two many Mazars and then the differentiation on the basis of Shia and Sunni. I feel the religion is a brainchild of the people who wanted to defy logic.
I also agree that there is a supreme power but i feel it is futile effort to limit it to a group or segment of people. every religion is like a corporate: willing to have the major chunk in the market, and thus have missionaries aka sales department.. which is entrusted with the responsibility of spreading it.
I know somewhere here i might sound non religious, but even a prakand-pandit might not be able to name all the 84cr. devi devta names, imagine uttering out 84cr. words at a go, if introducing religion to someone, it might take more than a life to just name them. :p
I wonder if we will ever understand religion irrespective of it's brand name: hinduism, christianity,islam, budhism, parsi's , jews, jain's..... and the list continues....

mann123
October 24th, 2006, 06:21 AM
hi everybody
i want to share my experience wid u ,,,i went to a church yesterday wid a friend of mine to see what exactly christinanity conveys . The people had been really nice and the priests speaks all what is there in our relegious books but in the middle of his speech he sd people of the world dont know tht there is one god and all the sinners in this world shd know that only Jesus Christ can save them ,,,,and this was the moment when i was like RIDICOLOUS....we hindus never say tht there is one god ,,,we never say tht our relegion is the best ,,,

i told my friend who is very critical about religion that we indian and hindus never say that we r the best breed and our relegion is the best,,i got to spk to other people and also the preist and sd that it is very good to have faith in ur own relegion but critizing that other relegions are not good is a wrong message that u r giving who want to understand and know about ur relegion ,,,,,
at the end they wanted to gift me there bible and i had my smalll book of hanuman chalisa in english which i always carry wid me ,,,i sd alright i will take ur Bible and would love to read that and as a small gesture please take my holy book to read and understand and the priest refused ,,,

this is the best thing i could do at tht moment and i am very happy bout it ,,,,GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY

Manisha jee kya aap sach me hanuman chalisa padtee hai agar haa to
Life me pehle baar suna hai ke ladkiya bhee hanuman chalisa padtee hai.

VPannu
October 24th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Mann saab, agar Manisha aapne pahli suni hai to doosri meri maa hai....manne to ghani dekh rakhi hain aisi jo hanuman chaleesa padhti ho.:)
Well in the hinduism we too have hardcore followers/preachers like those Bajrang Dal and RSS.But I havent seen any Hindu or Muslim who comes to our doors to persuade us to follow christianity and they distribute free literature too for the same reason.

msingh
October 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Manisha jee kya aap sach me hanuman chalisa padtee hai agar haa to
virender hanuman chalisa padhane maine koi burai nahin hai ,,,, ,,,,ye sirf adami hee nahin padhate but ladies bhi padhati hai,,,,,, shradha ki baat hai.. ......its just not MEN's COPYRIGHT

georgian
October 27th, 2006, 04:45 AM
if you ever happen to visit hanumaan mandir in C.P. in delhi on a tuesday, 25% of devotees are ladies and all of them read hanuman chalisa. I feel faith has nothing to do with gender or even religion, the head priest of Amarnath shrine is a muslim, and you find hindus by herds when you visit Dargah Sharif in ajmer..
So never be surprised .... human race does miracles ..

ajayverma1973
October 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM
virender hanuman chalisa padhane maine koi burai nahin hai ,,,, ,,,,ye sirf adami hee nahin padhate but ladies bhi padhati hai,,,,,, shradha ki baat hai.. ......its just not MEN's COPYRIGHT

You are right manisha, Hanuman Chalisha is not MEN's copyright, Mr. Mann USA me rahne ka matlab ye nahin ki apna culture bhool jao. Hindu Dharm main Man/Woman main koi difference nahin hai, yeh to musalmano main hota hai ki aurat namaz nahin padh sakti, Maa ko pranam nahin kar sakte. Hindu dharm main to Aurat ko Admi se jyada adar satkar diya jata hai and she has all rights to read HANUMAN CHALISHA like manisha does.

kharub
October 27th, 2006, 08:49 PM
hi everybody

Manisha you did absolutely the right thing ....... and your reaction to their attempt to offer a bible to you was also brillinat.

And i have read the bible not whole lot but a lot of bits a pieces and one of the ten comandments is : Thou shalt have no other Gods before me

and i quizzed a christian friend about it too : I asked him if your God (I believe God is on and the same for everyone , but he was insistent that his God was the only God) is the only one and real one than why does he fear that you will put some othet Go before him.

If he is the only one and the real one then why even mention the presence for any other.

And if he indeed is the almighty why does he have to be arrogant and dictatorial, he should be humble and know that he is the one lord of all beings.

And he had no answer ........... so well done ... I think your reply was apt and just

kharub
October 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM
And all thos who linked Hindu religion only to millions of Gids and Godesses .. do not forget Arya Samaj (the version of Hinduism preferred by most of the Jats) does not have anything to do with idols or millions of gods and godesses .... It believe in one supereme soul who is shapeless and faceless ......

So do not stamp Brahmanical Hinduism as the only and authentic type of Hinduism ........ raise your knowledge about your own religion.

antara
October 28th, 2006, 01:25 AM
And all thos who linked Hindu religion only to millions of Gids and Godesses .. do not forget Arya Samaj (the version of Hinduism preferred by most of the Jats) does not have anything to do with idols or millions of gods and godesses .... It believe in one supereme soul who is shapeless and faceless ......

So do not stamp Brahmanical Hinduism as the only and authentic type of Hinduism ........ raise your knowledge about your own religion.

I would just like to add a fact to the above mentioned quote in order to remove this popular misconception about hinduism which is also called Sanatan Dharma.

Even Hinduism talks about One God(Ishwar) who exists in these millions of forms represented by all Devi n Devtaas.
And this is mentioned in the very beginning of Ramayana if anybody ever got a chance to read it.
I might infact quote the exact shlok in my next post as i don't remmeber its exact words right now.

msingh
October 28th, 2006, 09:45 AM
i am still going to the church out of my busy schedule and know what Christians actually want to convey through christianity ,,,, have joined a Connect Group in which a group of 6 people are there and all of them are trying their best to convinence a non christian about JESUS CHRIST. I am a hard nut .....,,,they have to work hard.
I told them that it is good to know bout it but plz dont push me i am just hear to know what is good in christianity and how similar is it to our relegious books,,,,but i think it is a nice experience and i am looking fwd to it ,,,,i am just reading the other HINDU relegious books so that i have got more to tell them about my relegion conveys,,,,,,
THis christian women was saying that she is a defecto and then said that we had a strong culture ......and i thought that strong culture doesnt produce DEFECTO's ...but didnt say that ,,coz i dont want to offend them ,,,but lets see what happens ,,,i am busy trying to know what my books says ,,,,,, and this is one thing i am happy bout

msingh
October 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
i am orthodox and its not only christians or ISLAM but also other relegions do that and one of them is SIKHISM ,,,,and hear in Australia few of the sikhs still say we want a different country KHALISTAN ,,,so what do u have to say now ,,,hamare hee desh ke log jab bahar aa kar itane KATTAR hoo jate naa ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT A SHAME.................... still dont know where the world is going
I agree with Shamsher and totally satisfied with Prashant's reply to your post..even at some point i agree with you Manisha that these Christians and Muslims are the two communities that always publicise about thier religious and God...i did my schooling from Christian school and there too when there was any grand function in our school we all students use to listen a long lecture from Church Father about their Jesus that He is the only one God on earth and yes they do some criticism about other religions....but if we look properly then in the ending line of our every prayer it is said about that particular God only whom we pray....like one Shamsher already told here....but the behaviour that you showed there is just kiddish...every community has different beliefs for thier own religion and gives full importance to that only....and if you say that we all never say that ours is best then dear just think what all these pravachan vaktas are doing outside India now....did they just went to listen and follow their religion????...they too have went to publicise our religion by their own way...isn't it???????

Manisha, On one hand you did right thing by giving back the Bible but my personal feeling, I think you should have kept that. As you said we donot criticisize other religions, by keeping that you would have sent that message in strong words and may be few christians might have given that a thought.

One more thing even in Hamuman Chalisa there are few lines in the end that sounds some a lot similar to what the priest said regarding Jesus

kindly read this..from Hanuman Chalisa.

Aur Devta Chit na dharehi Hanumanth se hi sarve sukh karehi

Means.. One need not entertain any other deity for Propitiation, as devotion of Shri Hanuman alone can give all happiness.i have faith in my own god and i dont want any other relegion or god to satisfy my spritiual hungur......i am just trying to explore but i know nothing can be better then my culture and my DHARMA,,,,,,,if some body callls me orthodoX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,people are most welcome to call me tht.............

shamshermalik
October 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
i have faith in my own god and i dont want any other relegion or god to satisfy my spritiual hungur......i am just trying to explore but i know nothing can be better then my culture and my DHARMA,,,,,,,if some body callls me orthodoX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,people are most welcome to call me tht.............

Manisha, It's nice to have faith in yourself and in those you are devoteed to, including God. But no God, as depicted by its followers, or no culture is as great as to say that nothing can be better than my culture and my dharma. In fact these words I, me and my starts the problem when we say these too loudly. Every culture and dharam have the good and bad aspects, some have few some have more. So there is no harm in satisfying your spiritual hungur, if you really have, by exploring the books or philosophy of other religions.

rslohan
October 29th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Arey Bandhu logo,
Dharam ki baat karni hai to bhai DHARAMENDER ka Jikr karo yaaro.
Baaki to sirf Business waale Thekedaar hain jo Insaan ki kamjori ka faayada le kar raaj karna jaante hain.
Wo Kamjor hain jinhe Mandir/ ya koi Kitaab ya koi Moorat ki jaroorat hai apne man ki shaanti ke liye. aur kamjor hameshaa ek saath ho kar hi baat kar sakte hain (they call it their religion :).
I personally like some practices of Arya samaj/Sikhism (away from Brahminical hinduism).
Ek mantar sikha hai....... let us keep it a shhhhhhhhhhhhh.. secret for now :)