PDA

View Full Version : Guiding Hands...

bharti
October 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Want to share something with you all…

Last week, I had gone to a school and the Primary section had just got over. As usual there was rush of vehicles… but what a pleasant sight it was to see an old lady in her late sixties… with a whistle in her mouth … a jacket on - “NIRDHAR” – a voluntary organization…. printed on the back… controlling the traffic at the school gate which is on a busy road.
As people passed by, she was wishing them all a Happy Diwali with a Very warm smile(school was closing for Diwali vacation ).

After finishing my work at school, I came out to find the lady still at the gate, her job over. I went to her and again received a warm smile. I thanked and appreciated her for what she was doing and then asked her about the organization… she told me it was an organization that works for spreading awareness about traffic rules … they go to schools with traffic cops along and interact with children … volunteers come from all places … and most of them are her age and go to different schools doing similar work. What they want from the school is just the conveyance allowance for the volunteers as some of them come from distant places. They had approached some 20 schools and only 4 had agreed.

If only all the schools would encourage such work… !!!;)

raj2rif
October 24th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Dear Bharti Ji,

Thanks a lot for posting this information.

In a country where people are prepared to gift away Rs. 20000.00 or more as a Diwali Gift, to find some one to pay for transportation of the volunteer workers may be difficult. I think while these people are doing a great job of teaching children about the traffic rules, we need some one to teach these schools to extend the helping hand to these workers.

I hope some one comes up.

netrapalsingh
October 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM

Last week, I had gone to a school and the Primary section had just got over. As usual there was rush of vehicles… but what a pleasant sight it was to see an old lady in her late sixties… with a whistle in her mouth … a jacket on - “NIRDHAR” – a voluntary organization…. printed on the back… controlling the traffic at the school gate which is on a busy road.
As people passed by, she was wishing them all a Happy Diwali with a Very warm smile(school was closing for Diwali vacation ).

After finishing my work at school, I came out to find the lady still at the gate, her job over. I went to her and again received a warm smile. I thanked and appreciated her for what she was doing and then asked her about the organization… she told me it was an organization that works for spreading awareness about traffic rules … they go to schools with traffic cops along and interact with children … volunteers come from all places … and most of them are her age and go to different schools doing similar work. What they want from the school is just the conveyance allowance for the volunteers as some of them come from distant places. They had approached some 20 schools and only 4 had agreed.

bharati jee bhoot acha se aapne likha hai parantu aisee society kam hee
hai jo bina kisi swarh ke kam kartee hai. jaha tak traffic niyamo ka swal hai ye problem to har school me hai. chooti hote hee bache andhi tufaan kee tarah school se nikalte hai or durghatna ke shikar ho jate hai, school walo kee bhee ye jimmedari honee chahiye kee bacho ko traffic niyamo ke bare me samjhaye. or jaisa aapne bataya hai kee is tarah kee koi society hai to wah kabile tariff hai...

netra......

dndeswal
October 25th, 2006, 03:38 AM

Last week, I had gone to a school and the Primary section had just got over. As usual there was rush of vehicles… but what a pleasant sight it was to see an old lady in her late sixties… with a whistle in her mouth …

I just saw the news that you have joined Jatland moderators group, Bharti ji. That lady contols the road traffic with a whistle in her mouth. Now you will have to control the cyber traffic of these mighty and warrior Jats - ban jaao Jhansi ki Rani ! Do you also have desire of getting some compensation for this public service to our Jatland brothers and sisters?

I am just kidding, Bharti ! :) Congratulations and many thanks for accepting this added responsibility.

navingulia
October 25th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Bharti Ji, hmm, thanks for bringing this point up. people should emulate such things up north. when i was in pune i saw so many groups doing voluntary work on these lines.
People here arent into such things. For being involved in such things we need to realise the joy of small things.
People here are most obsessed with money, fame and position but then there are lots of good people too, only if we can promote volutnary work in some way we would ve done our bit.

devdahiya
November 14th, 2006, 10:17 AM

Thats what we must learn.There are no stoppings if want to do good for our planet and its inhabitants.Do good all the way.Thanks Bharti ji for sharing soothing thoughts.