PDA

View Full Version : partition lost in pen drive

ratheej
November 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
hello, i had a 1Gb pendrive with two partitions. one is password protected and other is not. i was working on it suddenly the power went out and one of the partition with the password went away.
can anybody help me in retriving that partition and retrieve my data.
i had some important data in that.
thanks

aabhisheksirohi
November 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Normally the password protection options in pendrive comes in the CD along with the Pendrive. You can retrive the password protected partitions from the same CD, I believe your data is not lost only the partition is hidden Since you had mention the current went off while working.

ratheej
November 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks dear
i had tried with the cd . but the retrival part of the cd is not recognising the pendrive. i also believe that only the partition is lost.
can u helpme in that.

aabhisheksirohi
November 8th, 2006, 11:14 PM
but the retrival part of the cd is not recognising the pendrive.

Damm, its pretty hard to retrive the password protected partition now.
Could you tell me the make and model of your Pendrive?

The only possible way is format the USB now. I believe your data is lost.

Remember it is always recommended to prefer Biometric USB drive over these normal USB's that is the smart way to secure your data now a days.

ratheej
November 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Damm, its pretty hard to retrive the password protected partition now.
Could you tell me the make and model of your Pendrive?

The only possible way is format the USB now. I believe your data is lost.

Remember it is always recommended to prefer Biometric USB drive over these normal USB's that is the smart way to secure your data now a days.

hi i had tried to fomat the drive but it shows the visible partition only and is formating the visible partition. the lost pat.is not seen. some time it shows that the booting file 4 the lost part. is missing.

is there any software available to retrive the data. i have seen some on the net but none is free all come with a demo version.

aabhisheksirohi
November 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
is there any software available to retrive the data. i have seen some on the net but none is free all come with a demo version.

Get data back is the software in case you want to try.