PDA

View Full Version : Life beyond earth?

satyeshwar
November 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I was watching a scientific program a few days back where they were discussing whether there is intelligent life outside of our planet in the entire universe. Proponents of this idea said that there has to be life just because of the sheer size (billions of stars and billions of galaxies) but opponents said that there are more than 30 million species on earth but only humans can actually be considered intelligent. So even if there may be life out there, odds are that it's not "intelligent".

What do you guys think about this? I am very interested in astronomy and extra-terrestial life myself.

devdahiya
November 9th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I was watching a scientific program a few days back where they were discussing whether there is intelligent life outside of our planet in the entire universe. Proponents of this idea said that there has to be life just because of the sheer size (billions of stars and billions of galaxies) but opponents said that there are more than 30 million species on earth but only humans can actually be considered intelligent. So even if there may be life out there, odds are that it's not "intelligent".

What do you guys think about this? I am very interested in astronomy and extra-terrestial life myself.

Bhai satey ke berra iss duniya mei ke ke janjjall sei........hum tei ittne khddappe na krran dhhundhhan ke...je pa jya tei batta diya hum bi appna dogga thha ke terri geill ho lyangge....dekh tei aawan e ge...rehna sehna tei Jatland mei e badhhiya bhai.Parr pawntein hei batta jarrur diye.

satyeshwar
November 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Alien laser gun vs. Jat ka dogga! :p Kati sudd gira Alien kakaji ne! :p :p

devdahiya
November 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Alien laser gun vs. Jat ka dogga! :p Kati sudd gira Alien kakaji ne! :p :p

Par haan manne issi e ek unintelligent jaghan ki tallass jaruur sei...Kai Paagal merre paachhe padd rhe sein.....[naam na battaun na tei lhook jyangge] Wei saarre ke saare pinjjre mein bandhh karkei hudde chhoddne sein manne....bhai mei rakksan nei ghanna kaal karr diya suun.

VPannu
November 9th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I feel that there is definitely something. And if those aliens have enough petrol in their UFOs they will certainly visit us sometime soon :)

dndeswal
November 9th, 2006, 08:26 PM
The universe created by God is so vast that we, even as ordinary human beings, tend to believe that life does exist beyond this tiny planet of earth. Without making much innovations or scientific discoveries, our ancestors did believe that there is life on certain other planets and stars. Here is the Vedic proof (translation of quotes from Chapter VIII of Satyarthprakash). The writer of this book, Swami Dayanand, was the most recent Rishi who explained Vedas in detail, so that common man may have access to this deep knowledge

Quotes from Chapter VIII of Satyarthprakash

39. What are the sun, the moon and the stars?

Q. Are they inhabited by man and other living creatures or not?

A. They are worlds inhabited by men and other living beings, The Shatpatha Braahman 14:6, 9, 4. says., "The earth, the water, the heated bodies, the space, the moon, the sun, and other planets are all called Vasus or abodes, because they are abodes of living beings as well as of inanimate objects." When the sun, the moon and other planets are abodes like our earth, what doubt can there be in their being inhabited? When this little earth of God is full of men land other living beings, can it ever be possible that all other worlds are void? How can myriads of other worlds be of any use unless they are inhabited by man and other beings? It follows, therefore, that they are inhabited.

40. Do they have the same bodies?

Q. Would men and other living beings in the other worlds have the same kind of bodies and bodily organs as they have here or different?

A. Most likely there is some difference in their form and the like, just as you see some difference in form, countenance, appearance and complexion among people of different countries as the Ethiopeans, Chinese, the Indians and the Europeans. But the creation of the same class or species on this earth and other planets is identical. The class or species that has its sense organs (as eyes) in some definite place in the body here (on this planet), will have them in the same place other planets; for it is said in the Veda, "Just as God created the sun, the moon, the earth, and other planets and the objects therein in the previous cycles of Creation, the same has He done in the present Creation." RIG VEDA 10: 190. He does not make any alteration.

satyeshwar
November 10th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for providing the answers according to the Vedas, Uncle ji. But in my humble opinion, to think that the planets were made because humans could walk on them would be like saying "ya mithaai humne is liye banaai thi ki us pe maakhi baith sake". :D Empty worlds may be useless to us but maybe serving a completely different purpose that we don't know of.
Also, there may be variations in aliens but I heard that a very minute alteration in the human evolution could have made us look completely different than what we look like today. Therefore, I would think that Aliens, if they exist, may be vastly different as their evolution may have taken a completely different course than us.
Thoughts?

devdahiya
November 10th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks for providing the answers according to the Vedas, Uncle ji. But in my humble opinion, to think that the planets were made because humans could walk on them would be like saying "ya mithaai humne is liye banaai thi ki us pe maakhi baith sake". :D Empty worlds may be useless to us but maybe serving a completely different purpose that we don't know of.
Also, there may be variations in aliens but I heard that a very minute alteration in the human evolution could have made us look completely different than what we look like today. Therefore, I would think that Aliens, if they exist, may be vastly different as their evolution may have taken a completely different course than us.
Thoughts?

Satey, aapka arr DND ji ka DANGWAARA ho gya sei...ibb gaaddi jodd lyo arr donnu likkadd paddo khojj mei....sabh kyahein ka bhedd padd ke e chhoddiyo.....hum bi dekhkhangge unn ALIENS nei...kisse honn sein RAKKASS.Kitte na kitte te pawein e ge...arr jei bhajj lein na tei dalle marriyo suussryan kei...gaddi dallyan ki bharr liyo...ha..ha..ha.

swati
November 10th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,................................... .
kuch to hai ???????????????????????????????????:confused: :confused: par abhi agyaat hai
gyaat hone par suchit kiya jayega :) :D :p :)

vijay
November 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Satyeshwar,

I have a lot of interest in Astronomy and i am a firm believer of the existance of Extraterrestrial life.

Anyone of the theory of their origin may be correct i.e. First one that source of origin is the same somewhere in this universe or may be of different source of origin

I suppose you have read the Wiki page about Extraterrestrial life. A lot of info is provided there with scientific and practical facts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life

satyeshwar
November 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for pointing the article out Vijay. Actually, I had not seen it. It is quite interesting indeed!

rkumar
November 11th, 2006, 01:41 AM
There is very strong evidence that the basic seeds of life even on Earth came from outer space. Theory proposed from Fred Hoyle et. al. is the most convincing on this aspect of origin of life;

http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfrontiers/wickramasinghe/article.html

In my view Earth just provided the right conditions for these seeds of life to fertilise and evolve. Keeping in view the vast size of cosmos, there arfe very chances that life is there on other planets.

RK^2

vijay
November 12th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Satyeshwar,

If you have interest in astronomy than i hope you know about SETI. It's best to update urself about latest development in search of Extraterrestrial life, if you visit regularly SETI sites or become a member of it. SETI is totally devoted to this subject only.

Have a look

At Wiki :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI

Or SETI's own site :

http://www.seti.org

satyeshwar
November 13th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Hi Vijay,
I do know about SETI and have seen various documentaries about them as well. Unfortunately, they have not come up with anything substantial to date! :(

I wonder if they would find any signs of intelligent life within our lifetime.
-Satyeshwar

pnauhwar21
November 14th, 2006, 01:30 AM
SETI in US seems to be a paradox as the same US talks about colloboration of Govt with Aliens and secret underground activities specially in Area 51. What about the infamous crash in Rosewell in 1947. There are so many scientists/ military persons who have spoken about the facts being hidden by the government in a sly manner. On one hand there are numerous UFO sightings being reported all over US and on the other SETI is trying to make a contact with aliens by sending radio signals :rolleyes:

As far as existence of aliens is concerned, the probability is obviously too high in view of billions of stars and galaxies that we know of. Not sure if you guys have read books by Erich Von Daniken 'Chariots of Gods', 'Gold of the Gods' where he talks about gods being astronauts with pictorial proofs all over the world. What are the famous crop circles in Peru about - were they really made by aliens or its all a hoax? The other thing is that every theory has an anti-theory too. So, while write-ups and proofs show that aliens exist, you will find debunkers of the theories too who will prove otherwise. So, end of the day it all depends on you which one seems more plausible to you and which one you can prove in the discussions :)

I would love to believe that gods were actually astronauts but for the fact that why don't they visit us now? Or is it only a selected few who are able to meet them coz Gods don't want to disclose anything too soon :confused:

P.S. - My dad told me that when he was child, many a times he had heard in his village people talking about seeing Udan-Tashtiri. Now whether they really saw UFO or called helicopter an udan-tashtiri in their time, thats the question.

vijay
November 14th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Your point of view is justified Prashant and i am totally agree with you.

Why these UFO's apears ( hypothetically or really ) in US and UK mostly. Why US govt. not saying anything about S1 area and why British Govt. is hiding the real facts about the area where ppl say that they see UFO's almost everyday ???

In my openion, there is life beyond Earth and and they are much smarter than us. We are just like barbarians who are trying to find some clues about that highly technical civilization but didn't get yet unless they do any mistake.

But they exists for sure. they can travel faster than light and can deny most of the physics law's that we know so far and it's just like a fairy tale when Einstien said that " Mr. Newton, Sorry you were wrong !"

Any practical theories ???

pnauhwar21
November 14th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Vijay,

the mind-boggling question is why these aliens are hiding themselves from us and why they always crash-land in US and not behind our homes in India? What is it thats holding them from revealing their true identity to all human beings? agra thoda ana-jana shuru ho jaye earthlings or martians ke beech to problem kya hai. Is their a hidden agenda which will be revealed after some time or are they in touch with select human beings!! I had read in some books that the aliens are actually living in higher dimensions than us viz 5th or 6th dimension and we are in 3rd dimension thats why they dont meet us and only those of us who meditate and levitate and travel out of body meet them :cool: Now god only knows whats the truth..lets just wait n watch ...

satyeshwar
November 14th, 2006, 12:16 PM
One thing that I am always amazed by is that people fight for little pieces of land when we are engulfed by such vastness and there are immense resources in this universe.

Also, not sure about faster than speed of light. If E = mc^2 holds true anywhere you go in the universe, then as soon as you go up to the speed of light you will convert in pure energy and converting back to mass from energy seems improbable.

vijay
November 15th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Also, not sure about faster than speed of light. If E = mc^2 holds true anywhere you go in the universe, then as soon as you go up to the speed of light you will convert in pure energy and converting back to mass from energy seems improbable.

Satyeshwar,

I think that you didn't read carefully my last post on this thread.

Let me explain that, whenever a scientist put forward a theory that is tested and verified for the available data till date.

Newton was right with his mathematical theory for so many years and nobody was there to question him and People thought what newton said is the reality.

But after that came Einstien and he put forward some theory and proved that Newton was wrong. You know what he said. he said "Sorry Mr. Newton, you were wrong!"

What you think if someone come with a theory that Einstien was wrong.

We discussed a lot about that on this thread about time travelling if you have some time just read that

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17173 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17173)

We can discuss on the issue about travelling faster than speed of light later.:)

pnauhwar21
November 15th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Saw another documentory on History Channel yesterday.It had real recordings from the black boxes from planes which reported UFO sightings. Most of the reportings were from pilots of domestic US airlines who were pretty well experienced and could easily make a difference between a UFO and weather balloon(which was claimed by military and government units in each case). The description that the pilots were giving to traffic controllers was really very strange and almost all reported round and very long objects emmitting white and green lights and travelling at great speed. There was one live recording by a New Zealand airline which was done in 1957 i think..that also showed atleast 3 objects moving very fast and emmitting consitent high beams of lights and also followed that plane for some time.

I just hope to be in the plane which has encounter with the UFO next time and see it live..

vijay
November 15th, 2006, 03:51 AM
What about Bermuda Triangle Prashant ???

pnauhwar21
November 15th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Vijay, Bermuda Triangle is the most interesting place on earth!! When I was in school, I really wanted to travel to Bermuda in my private helicopter but with my family taki main aliens ke sath akela na rahoon :D ..abhi 10-20 baras to lag jayenge Helicopter ke liye paise ikatthe karne mein..

But going about the incidents which have happened in Bermuda especially the disapperance of 5 US Navy fighter jets without any trace of their wreckage and numerous lost ships, I have a strong feeling that bermuda triangle has a space-warp which opens sometimes and takes away some of the planes and ships in another dimension..Though there have been numerous theories about the place, none has been proved beyond doubt. So, for the aliens enthusiasts like us, its a place worth visting once in life!!!

vijay
November 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Prashant,

I just get to know that there is another place like Bermuda Triangle on Earth. Its on the eastern coast of Japan and they call it "Devil's Sea". Both places have a similarities likes exception behaviour of compass ( a deviation about 20 degrees ) and disappearences of ships and planes.

I also read about Dr Raymond Brown's experience and the Crystal Pyramid like thing he found there in Bermuda Triangle.

I am posting here that experience :

In 1970, Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner from Mesa, Arizona, went scuba diving with some friends near the Bari Islands in the Bahamas, close to a popular area known as the Tongue of the Ocean.

During one of his dives, Brown became separated from his friends and while searching for them he was startled when he came across a strange pyramid shape silhouetted against the aquamarine light.

Upon investigating further, Brown was surprised by how smooth and mirror-like was the stone surface of the whole structure, with the joints between the individual blocks almost indiscernible

Swimming around the capstone, which Brown thought might have beenmade of lapis lazuli, he discovered an entrance and decided to explore inside. Passing along a narrow hallway, Brown finally came to a small rectangular room with a pyramid-shaped ceiling. He was totally amazed that this room contained no algae or coral growing on the inner walls. In addition, though Brown had brought no torch with him, the area was well lit by an unknown source.

Brown's attention was drawn to a brassy metallic rod three inches in diameter hanging down from the apex of the center of the room and at its end was attached a many-faceted red gem, which tapered to a point. Directly below this rod and gem, sitting in the middle of the room, was a stand of carved stone topped by a stone plate with scrolled ends. On the plate there was a pair of carved metal bronze-colored hands, life-sized, which appeared blackened and burnt, as if having been subjected to tremendous heat.

Nestled in the hands, and situated four feet directly below the ceiling rod gem point, was a crystal sphere four inches in diameter. Brown tried to loosen the ceiling rod and red gemstone but neither would budge. Returning to the crystal sphere, he found, to his amazement, that it separated easily from the bronze hand holders. With the crystal sphere in his right hand he then made his way out of the pyramid. As he departed, Brown felt an unseen presence and heard a voice telling him never to return.

Fearing, rightly, that his unusual prize might be confiscated as salvage-treasure by the American Government, Dr. Brown did not reveal the existence of his strange crystal sphere, nor did he relate his experiences until 1975, when he exhibited his crystal for the first time at a psychic seminar in Phoenix.

Since that time, the crystal sphere has made only a very few public appearances but on each occasion people who have seen it have experienced strange phenomena directly associated with it.
Deep inside the crystal form, one gazes upon three pyramidical images, one in front of the other, in decreasing sizes. Some people who enter a deep meditative state of consciousness are able to discern a fourth pyramid, in the foreground of the other three.

Reality is metaphoric. 3 or pyramid = third dimension. 4 = time. The colors red and brown symbolize the physical plane. Electrical - reality is created by electromagnetic grids.

Perhaps the positions of the three pyramidical images in the crystal sphere hold the long-sought key to finding a fourth, as yet unfound. Looking at the crystal sphere from the side, the internal images dissolve into thousands of tiny fracture lines. Brown felt that these may prove to be electrical in nature, like some form of microscopic circuitry. From yet another angle, and under special conditions, many people have been able to see a large single human eye staring out serenely at them. Photographs of this eye have allegedly also been taken.

Elizabeth Bacon, a New York psychic, claimed, while in trance, that the crystal sphere had once belonged to Thoth, (http://www.crystalinks.com/thoth.html)the Egyptian God who was responsible for burying a secret vault of knowledge in Giza, near the three great Pyramids.

This theory at best is metaphoric in content, but the archetypes (http://www.crystalinks.com/archetypes.html)of pyramids, crystals, the ocean, Thoth [the scribe of our reality] and the Emerald Tablets, (http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html)alchemy and other related files on Crystalinks, can help explain the metapohoric content of Brown's experience and perhaps some of your drams and visions.

Metaphors :: Rays = sun, sun gods, the eye (http://www.crystalinks.com/eye.html) - and on and on we go until one understands the nature of our reality as a virtual experience created through the mathematical blueprint called Sacred Geometry (http://www.crystalinks.com/sg.html) that repeats in cycles - spiral loops of consciousness called 'time' that is about to shift in frequency.

This links with current Earth changes across the planet.
Is there a core crystal - generating power to manifest our grid program in physical reality? Does it link to secrets hidden beneath the Great Pyramd and Sphinx - [chambers and caves are archetypes for the mind that experiences virtually] - crystals in time - the alleged hidden akashic records of our experience in third dimension - the core crystal about to burn out at which time our grid program evolves to higher frequency - and related theories that help humanity awaken to the nature of its creation?

One can only imagine discovering Atlantean technology, such as those found in the TV series 'Stargate Atlantis' - and learning the secrets of the Atlanteans - which - if they did exist in our physical reality - or perhaps a parallel grid that merges into ours - would bring answers sought after by alchemists through time. How ironic would it be to discover the fall of Atlantis as our reality sinks into the 'sea' of consciousness.

What say ?