PDA

View Full Version : Active X

parity
November 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM
On some email sites, when i try to attach a file i get the Active X installation warning like on Lycos. When i tried to install i got many versions on software downloading sites. Would anybody please tell me wat exactly is this Active X ? n which version i should download so that i can easily use new Yahoo n upload files on Lycos ?

parity
November 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Mr Editor,
please delete this thread as no response here :D

vijay
November 26th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Sukarma,

I assume that you are not a techie so pls don't install any Active X from net unless you are well aware about that.

parity
November 26th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Thank u Vijay,
Finally some response for this thread :D
Vaise i av installed Active X from Lycos as it is a very good n reliable site internationally.
But still thanx a lot :)

aabhisheksirohi
November 28th, 2006, 12:59 AM
On some email sites, when i try to attach a file i get the Active X installation warning like on Lycos. When i tried to install i got many versions on software downloading sites. Would anybody please tell me wat exactly is this Active X ? n which version i should download so that i can easily use new Yahoo n upload files on Lycos ?

Active-X is basically a Microsoft based technology used on the internet to make interactive web pages that look and behave like computer programs, rather than static pages. This technology is a combination of (OLE) Object Linking and Embedding) and (COM) Component Object Model.

In your case as you refer Lycos and you face warning of Active-X installation Here Active-X helps to enables sound, Java applets and animations to be integrated in a Web page.

Hope you know the role of Active -X in a Web Page !!

parity
November 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Finally u answered :)
I was wondering where u av gone, as almost all the tech threads get ur response n this 1 was pending :)
Yeah i understood now the role of Active X :)
Thank u

aabhisheksirohi
November 30th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Finally u answered :)
I was wondering where u av gone, as almost all the tech threads get ur response n this 1 was pending :)
Yeah i understood now the role of Active X :)
Thank u

Yeah.. i waz too late to reply thought someone will reply you shortly...!!