PDA

View Full Version : Administrators- Please clear it properly

cheelu
November 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Recieved a warning so have few quaries. that need to be discussed openly before I or someone else get banned.

1.Are members warned on the basis of content of the post or on the basis from where they log in and who are their friends?

2.How is it illigal to use your friends machine to login into your Jatland account if you are visiting them?

3.Is Jatland to unite people or keep them seprated ?

4.What is your policy if more then one person in a family/group are Jatland members and only have one computer to login and vice versa?

5.Is there any rule like one Jatland account per family or computer?

6.Do you think the whole Jat community is affluent enough to afford one computer per person?

7.Is it wrong to help a member find out if the login problem he is having is due to his internet provider or something else ( not mentioning here) ?

Kindly explain it; and hope you guys learn to unite people rather than dividing them and giving warning just because of your personal discretion.

In my openion action should be taken against a member only on the basis of content of the post and not based on any other silly reason.

devdahiya
November 15th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Recieved a warning so have few quaries. that need to be discussed openly before I or someone else get banned.

Kindly explain it; and hope you guys learn to unite people rather than dividing them and giving warning just because of your personal discretion.

My dear Monika bebey, i think there are so many grudges being held against these poor MODs by many of us but frankly speaking they deserve a better deal from us.We tend to think from only our indvidual stand point without getting into the shoes of these poor people.They have full time jobs in their hands and have to guard against so many designs of undesired elements that it is very-2 defficult for them to react in a biased manner.Yes they might be wrong at times as to err is human but saying that they are DIVIDING people out here is totally unfair and uncalled for.I am more than sure that they are not our enemies and that they are doing a fantastic job to keep this site generally clean and nice.There is no other site on this net world where so much of purity is maintained and it goes without saying that the credit for that goes to these poor MODs.If one has a particular case of being wronged[which i doubt the do] then best course should be to put across a mail in polite manner and get the mind of a particular mode in question.Hope you appreciate their defficulties and be more accomodating.Thanks!

As regards to the other 5-6 questions asked by you i think one of these people should be answering them in due course of time.

Best
Dev

prashantacmet
November 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Monika ji, sawal to aapke bilkul theek hai.....aur jaissa ki Dev dahiya ji ne kaha aapko jawab bhi jaldi hi mil jayenge...par aap cho na maano ..admins bhi insaan hai aur unse bhi galti ho sakti hai........Give a chance to them for clarification,,:)

cheelu
November 15th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Actually I am visiting one of my friend and obeviously logged into Jatland from there and I am just being given a warning for it that I will be banned. I cannot under stand what is wrong in using your friends computer to login to Jatland.

If I have posted anything undesired then I have no problem if I am warned or banned but giving me warning to ban for ailly reason like this one is wrong and unjustified.

I know Mods are busy and have jobs but sometime it appears otherway when they pick stuff like this. It is totally irrelevant from where you login, what matters is the content and nothing else.

Please stop this cyber stalking. we donot mind if you guys take action based on content of the post.

rakeshsehrawat
November 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Font size 7 karan pe bhi warning milti hai

je isi baat hai to yo size hata kyon nahi dete???

aur doosri baat ade rehania ka k jinke PC ka matbal Panchayati Computer hota hai?????
kyonki net id same hai lekin bande to alag hain fir unko message aa jata hai ki tune doosre k computer se login kiya hai

cheelu
November 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Bharti ji, I thnk you and Koyal both login to Jatland from same computer, So you must be getting warnings dailly :) then how come you are not banned yet.:confused: I know my question is silly :p but realistic to make you guys realise the ground reality.:)

Please stop this cyber stalking. we donot mind if you guys take action based on content of the post.

gaganrana
November 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Dear Monica,

If this happened to you then it really doesnt make sense to get a warning. I request Mods to look into this matter. It could be a bug in software itself.

As I also log into Jatland from different computers but never got this kind of warning.

Hope that your issue will be resolved ASAP.

Regards,

Gagan

Bharti ji, I thnk you and Koyal both login to Jatland from same computer, So you must be getting warnings dailly :) then how come you are not banned yet.:confused: I know my question is silly :p but realistic to make you guys realise the ground reality.:)

vijay
November 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well,

I think that moderatores are doing their job what they are told to do. The only confusion is about the rules of jatland. The rules seems to be re-considered to avoid the confusion.

1. What is the definition of mupltiple login ? More than one people login into jatland by different accounts on same PC ( same IP address) or same ID login from different places ?

2. Suppose my friend just came at my place and just want to check his/her PM's at jatland. Should i say no ? Same if i visit his/her place.

3. A family or room mates may be sharing the same PC ? How can mods distinguish that ?

I too got warning about multiple logins as one of my friend asked me too check his mails at jatland as he had some probs with his internet connection there.

fool4love
November 15th, 2006, 10:58 PM
why do u have to dedicate a whole new THREAD to this crap at the first place..??
if u have issues.. go solve it with the moderators.. mail them n.. tell them the story. They do their job fine... n before u post more of this exciting stuff.. just think..

1. Am i wasting others time
2. Am i wasting others time
3. Am i wasting others time
4. Am i wasting others time
5. Am i wasting others time
6. Am i wasting others time
7. Am i wasting others time

cheelu
November 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
if u have issues.. go solve it with the moderators.. mail them n.. tell them the story. They do their job fine... n before u post more of this exciting stuff.. just think..

1. Am i wasting others time
2. Am i wasting others time
3. Am i wasting others time
4. Am i wasting others time
5. Am i wasting others time
6. Am i wasting others time
7. Am i wasting others time

I posted it in derpression and not in excitment...moreover it will only save mods time if this is clear otherwise they will get mails from members whenever it happens and mods have to explain it again and again. Am I wrong? If so thread may be deleted..I donot mind.

fool4love
November 15th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I posted it in derpression and not in excitment...moreover it will only save mods time if this is clear otherwise they will get mails from members whenever it happens and mods have to explain it again and again. Am I wrong? If so thread may be deleted..I donot mind.

u can explain everything in the mail...(that's y we have this facility)... n i'm sure the moderators r skilled enough.. not to repeat this mistake.

vijay
November 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
u can explain everything in the mail...(that's y we have this facility)... n i'm sure the moderators r skilled enough.. not to repeat this mistake.

OOOOYEEE Kamalu, ya they are skilled enough and very intelligent .............. than why they just don't try to clear the clouds and make a beautiful sky ?

cheelu
November 15th, 2006, 11:46 PM

I have no intention to waste others or mods time...in that case thread may be deleted. I have no problem and I think mods will understand the reason behind starting it.

It was started in good spirit ( even though language sounds little aggressive) so that members donot get silly messages like that.

dndeswal
November 16th, 2006, 02:20 AM
It seems Monica has got an e-mail message from one of the moderators (not a warning as such) on account of multi-login from the same PC. This kind of e-mail message is a standard query, through a standard, set language. Just reply to it and feel free - don’t worry ! Multiple IDs have been a nuisance, though it is being done only by a handful of guys who give their passwords to some of their colleagues for reasons best known to them. Believe it, it is true - a few members have been found to be in the habit of creating multiple IDs. It is in your own interest to answer to such query, or else someone else may be using your ID.

Regarding Moderators’ job, I have nothing to add after Dev Dahiya’s post above. I have myself left the Moderator’s job recently due to paucity of time . Believe it, a Moderator’s job is a time consuming, painful and thankless one. Just see how new Moderator, poor Bharti, has started receiving bombshells ! :)

Font size 7 karan pe bhi warning milti hai
je isi baat hai to yo size hata kyon nahi dete???

Misuse of any facility leads to such a situation. A car has the facility to run at 120 KM per hour but one is not authorized to drive at this speed in a city street. The car also has the horn for appropriate use, not for fun. Using font size ‘7’ in one's “signature” serves no purpose. In recent past, members themselves have raised objections to use of big fonts and multi-colour texts. Read some threads in this forum itself.

I have no intention to waste others or mods time...in that case thread may be deleted. I have no problem and I think mods will understand the reason behind starting it.

No need for deletion now. It would have been better if such a query could have been raised through an e-mail or PM, rather than writing an open thread.

devdahiya
November 16th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I am sure that we are dragging this thread on for no reason.Sure a waste of time.Monika bebey, nothing comes out of these things.Kindly send a mail to the administrator if you have lost faith in the mods[which you should not though]...Otherwise keep posting the good stuff which we all like and let the Mods do what they are suppose to do.Thanks!

cheelu
November 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Dahiya Ji Thanks. I leave it on to mods and I do have faith in them.

ndahiya
November 16th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Dayanand ji has explained the issue adequately. We miss him even more as a moderator coz of his patience in answering sometimes trivial posts as in this thread.

There is no "fixed" set of reasons for which a warning is given, but the moderators try and do their best to be consistent. Policies can change over time. For eg, we are now taking a harder line on shared passwords. These policies are not open to an opinion poll, but are discussed among the moderators.

We use a variety of security measures on the site, and would not like to discuss them in public for obvious reasons. If you have any clarification to seek, please write to one of the mods.

This thread is now closed.