PDA

View Full Version : Problem with web browsers

parity
November 25th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Hi all tech savy JATs . I need ur help, I have used almost all the web browsers. I have problem in all, no i (the user ) am not a problem :D
My comp is very slow but i dont think this is the only problem as speed is not the common problem. I am penning down the problems :-

1 ) Firefox 2 - No problem at all, only 1, Automatic shut down

2) Netscape - I downloaded it as it was suggested by 1 of the jatlander (thanx to him :)

Its damn slow :( in starting up
Hangs up when switching between the tabs, typing some mail
No font, color, smiley option in yahoo 4 composing mail
3) Opera - Slow, above mentioned yahoo problem here too

4) Crazy - After every some minutes ask to debug the browser ( i dnt 9 what it is :)

5) Avant - Frequent hang ups

6) IE 6 - Active x warnings when trying to upload some file in Lycos

Hope to listen from anyone soon :) ( i didnt get any reply for the last thread i posted :D
Thanx for your time :)

arunshamli
November 25th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Hi all tech savy JATs . I need ur help, I have used almost all the web browsers. I have problem in all, no i (the user ) am not a problem :D
My comp is very slow but i dont think this is the only problem as speed is not the common problem. I am penning down the problems :-

1 ) Firefox 2 - No problem at all, only 1, Automatic shut down

2) Netscape - I downloaded it as it was suggested by 1 of the jatlander (thanx to him :)

Its damn slow :( in starting up
Hangs up when switching between the tabs, typing some mail
No font, color, smiley option in yahoo 4 composing mail
3) Opera - Slow, above mentioned yahoo problem here too

4) Crazy - After every some minutes ask to debug the browser ( i dnt 9 what it is :)

5) Avant - Frequent hang ups

6) IE 6 - Active x warnings when trying to upload some file in Lycos

Hope to listen from anyone soon :) ( i didnt get any reply for the last thread i posted :D

Firefox is one of the most resource hungry browser. if you leave it open for 24 hours and see your memory usage in the task manager, Firefox will be on the top. But I still like it and use it everyday.

IE is probably is the fastest browser for windos machine. As far as the Active X warnings are concernd, If they are from the reliable and well known web site(yahoo,msn, google,microsoft etc), you can accept them. otherwise ignore them.

in your case(Lycos mail) it is optional and you need not have to install it. If you install it, the only advantage you will have is that sending attachment will be easy. you can just drag the file and drop it in you email. but if you do not install the ActiveX , you can still send the attachement by clicking the attach files link and then clicking the browse button to go to the location of the file.

Netscape is very slow if your page has lot of javascript code.

trueblueindian
November 25th, 2006, 11:04 PM
nicely explained, n if all of this dosent works, plz get ur RAM increased, its really cheap these days:p :cool: :)

trueblueindian
November 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM
also if any member is facing frequent sign out problems in chaupal using fire fox, try IE it would work just fine, donno wy but this works:)

vijay
November 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Sukarma,

Just stick to IE and its best. Active X warnings from famous sites and brands must be accepted. Don't get confused.

parity
November 26th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Thanx a lot Arun for ur response.
I fully agree with u that Firefox's usage is really high, it also reduces internet's speed. Thats y whenever i download something i choose IE as it is really god in this context :)
No, without installing its not possible to select even "attach" option so cnt attach files. Vaise i av installed Active X through Lycos only so this problem is solved :)
Yeah Netscape is really slow, any way out ?

parity
November 26th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Thanx Dabas Sir for raising this point, i also face this sign out problem in chaupal when using firefox.
I also tried IE. But while using this, i dont get option of typing anything, cant talk only can read pepole talking :(

misguidedyouth
November 27th, 2006, 12:02 AM
wats ur PCs configuration?? if i may ask?
which OS?? and this prob. of slow behaviour is wid ur browser only?? r u sure all other applications r running up to the mark??
well i m using opera and IE7... and find both of them working fine. i like opera's voice feature i.e. it can read the text 4 u.

rockyjat
November 27th, 2006, 06:58 AM
hi aunty
I find IE7 better then rest!
it simplly rulz!

chao...

satyeshwar
November 27th, 2006, 08:09 AM
You can also try flock (www.flock.com). It's based on Firefox code but may not have the problem of automatic shutdown. Also, many of the extensions for Firefox work on Flock as well. I tried it as they were projecting as the only browser made for web 2.0

parity
November 27th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Configuration to i dnt 9. OS - Windows XP professional ( which is not original, i came to know this when i tried to install IE 7 :( can anything be done for this ??
Yeah my machine is slow but i told u na, speed isnt the common problem otherwise it would have. Opera nice, bt i dnt get font, color option in Yahoo, wud u please tell me why or is it possible to get rid of this ?

Thanx for your time Ravinder Ji :)

parity
November 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Thanx Satyeshwar, Flock is really nice, just downloaded it :)
I will use it n then give u the feedback :D matlab again bother u if some problem :D
Vaise i tried it to log in Chaupal, just to test, but as soon as i logged in, Auto shutdown :( it said memory cudnt read......... ( same message i used to get in Firefox 2 ) Is this the problem of chat applet ?
Please tell me wats this "Web 2.0 " ??

aabhisheksirohi
November 28th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Configuration to i dnt 9. OS - Windows XP professional ( which is not original, i came to know this when i tried to install IE 7 :( can anything be done for this ??

You are using pirated OS but dont worry it can be change all you need is to replace it with the original serial keys of WIN XP-Pro . Mind you can change the keys without reinstalling OS in your machine.

Thanx Satyeshwar, Flock is really nice, just downloaded it :)
I will use it n then give u the feedback :D matlab again bother u if some problem :D
Vaise i tried it to log in Chaupal, just to test, but as soon as i logged in, Auto shutdown :( it said memory cudnt read......... ( same message i used to get in Firefox 2 ) Is this the problem of chat applet ?
Please tell me wats this "Web 2.0 " ??

Web 2.0 means second generation of Internet based services or you can say it much improved form of World Wide Web about "Flock" the browser i have already a thread on this few months back here on Jatland you can refer more about it.

My god you have used almost all the browser on this planet :)
still not satisfied then all i can say wait for January 2007 "Windows Vista" as it has IE-7 browser with built in support for Web feeds known as Really Simple Syndication (RSS) its a technology you can use to have information sent to you, so you don't have to look for it. Its the same which is used in Flock the browser.

Netscape i recommend you cuz it has in built Anti virus Software dats the reason its slow in performance buts it protects your machine from malicious attacks. I believe in your case stick to IE-7 its user friendly.

Regarding your Active-X querry Pls install Microsoft Active X Control Pad in your machine.

In case you want to know more do let us know as "JATLAND" is the land of all solutions.

parity
November 28th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Finally u answered :) i was eagerly waiting for ur reply :) as ur replies always help me.
Oh really ! please tell me how can i change the keys of Win XP Pro ??

Hey its not about satisfaction, i am getting problem in all :( as i mentioned. Now a days i m using IE 6 with Yahoo toolbar as i can do tabbed browsing coz of it.
Hey i really liked Netscape, its display is really diff n good :) also some features, i thanked u for suggesting this to me :) Now i understood the reason of its slow speed :cool: But pls tell me why i am getting that problem of Yahoo ??
Sad thing is i am facing auto shutdown in Flock also :(

Yeah i also read about Vista but again i wont be able to install it coz of the pirated version of Window XP :(
I downloaded Active X from Lycos, i got option there n i accepted :) so now this solved.

parity
November 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry i forgot. Vista is an OS not web browser :-)

aabhisheksirohi
November 30th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Oh really ! please tell me how can i change the keys of Win XP Pro ??

Humm.. you need to run a third party tool for this I'll post the exe file if permits.
And then it required original serial keys to replace with the pirated ones.

Hey i really liked Netscape, its display is really diff n good :) also some features, i thanked u for suggesting this to me :) Now i understood the reason of its slow speed :cool: But pls tell me why i am getting that problem of Yahoo ??

What is exactly your prolem with Yahoo on Netscape ? Brief it..

Sad thing is i am facing auto shutdown in Flock also :(

It wont work ideally with chaupal as Flock could not read the flash memory of chaupal and thats the way it got error.

Yeah i also read about Vista but again i wont be able to install it coz of the pirated version of Window XP :(
I downloaded Active X from Lycos, i got option there n i accepted :) so now this solved.

Sorry i forgot. Vista is an OS not web browser :-)

Very True !!

misguidedyouth
November 30th, 2006, 09:25 AM
all the MICRO$OFT products such as IE7, Windows media player 11, Windows defender etc. can b installed on pirated XP as well. no need to change keys. i m running a pirated xp and all such products r running equally well.
i just hate paying money to billu.

we can wait 4 vista but we need a good pc so that it can handle its aero graphics beautifully.

well as far as IE7 is concerned ... i just uploaded it .
download it from the link below and follow the easy steps.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5394964/Microsoft_Windows_Internet_Explorer_7.rar.html

i assume u r using winrar (otherwise download n install)

step 1. download the above .rar file n save it in a new folder then rght click -> extract here.

step 2. Run Step1.bat(before restart) follow the instructions (it will install the IE7.. after installing dont open IE7)

step 3. restart PC

step 4. Run Step2.bat(after restart) follow the instructions.

step 5. u r done njoy IE7

parity
November 30th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Thank u :)
Earlier i downloaded it from the official website of Microsoft. Aftr ur sugesstion i tried from that link, but its been 1 hr n m getting this message there, no downloading has been started :(
"Your IP-address 203.145.128.5 is already downloading a file. You have to wait until it is finished."
Chalo lets c ho jata hai to, but thanx for ur valuable suggestion :)

parity
November 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I have already mentioned this in first post.
I dont get rich text options in Yahoo while witing a mail

misguidedyouth
December 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
link working fine
try again

parity
December 22nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
all the MICRO$OFT products such as IE7, Windows media player 11, Windows defender etc. can b installed on pirated XP as well. no need to change keys. i m running a pirated xp and all such products r running equally well.
i just hate paying money to billu.

we can wait 4 vista but we need a good pc so that it can handle its aero graphics beautifully.

well as far as IE7 is concerned ... i just uploaded it .
download it from the link below and follow the easy steps.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5394964/Microsoft_Windows_Internet_Explorer_7.rar.html

i assume u r using winrar (otherwise download n install)

step 1. download the above .rar file n save it in a new folder then rght click -> extract here.

step 2. Run Step1.bat(before restart) follow the instructions (it will install the IE7.. after installing dont open IE7)

step 3. restart PC

step 4. Run Step2.bat(after restart) follow the instructions.

step 5. u r done njoy IE7

Thanx a lot Ravinder :) :) as u said i am njoying IE 7 n that too only coz of u :)
But it too asking for the installation of Active x, any suggestions for tat too :D i know me getting demanding :D

nonu
December 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Active X is needed for most of the things.

U can try downloading it from Downoad.com or just search Google:D..........

However if u have any more trouble with ur Computer I would suggest downloading a antivirus there might be a virus on ur computer:D

aabhisheksirohi
December 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Active X is needed for most of the things.

U can try downloading it from Downoad.com or just search Google:D..........

However if u have any more trouble with ur Computer I would suggest downloading a antivirus there might be a virus on ur computer:D

Good advice n perfectly Judge !!

Keep it up dear !!