PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising for the JJ (janjagriti) event of the year on 25th Dec

rameshlakra
November 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11232&page=17

Dear all,

Please read the abovementioned thread on events on 25th, which is in continuation with the spirit and efforts of Mr. Karan singh, a US based jat who has sold his ferrari and working in Barhana village , teaching kids at gov. school as a one stop teacher for all subjects ( except Hindi ) and tutoring huge gathering of kids ( upto 150) in the evening on English subject for the last 6 months. Apart from that, the dates also coincide with Centenary of JJ and felicitation of Indominatable spirit of Navin Gulia by none other than The President himself.

Apart from Essay writing, games etc a major event planned is X-country, 8 kms for males and 5 Kms for Females of the region, target of 1000 participants. The prizes proposed for this mega event are Rs 15000, 10000, 5000 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in male category and Rs 5000, 2500, 1500 for Female category and 100 consolation T-shirts/ caps of Rs 200 each. The cost of banners publicity etc will raise this event itself to around Rs 1 lakh. Sponsors of the individual prizes or contributions to the above mentioned AC no only in Cheque are invited. The Contributors name will appear on the website www.janjagriti.com. Another good way of contributing is to be part of the organising team. Be a part of the team.

Many regards,

devdahiya
November 27th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I am ofcourse part of it...may not be able to attend the meet but will make sure that i don't remain aloof.

skarmveer
November 27th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Ram-Ram Ramesh Bhai,

I will try my best to attained this programme and will definitey contribute
some thing for this. God will definitely help in this great cause and all our
jatland frends also help by some way or other for this programme.

With Regards

Dear all,

Please read the abovementioned thread on events on 25th, which is in continuation with the spirit and efforts of Mr. Karan singh, a US based jat who has sold his ferrari and working in Barhana village , teaching kids at gov. school as a one stop teacher for all subjects ( except Hindi ) and tutoring huge gathering of kids ( upto 150) in the evening on English subject for the last 6 months. Apart from that, the dates also coincide with Centenary of JJ and felicitation of Indominatable spirit of Navin Gulia by none other than The President himself.

Apart from Essay writing, games etc a major event planned is X-country, 8 kms for males and 5 Kms for Females of the region, target of 1000 participants. The prizes proposed for this mega event are Rs 15000, 10000, 5000 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in male category and Rs 5000, 2500, 1500 for Female category and 100 consolation T-shirts/ caps of Rs 200 each. The cost of banners publicity etc will raise this event itself to around Rs 1 lakh. Sponsors of the individual prizes or contributions to the above mentioned AC no only in Cheque are invited. The Contributors name will appear on the website www.janjagriti.com (http://www.janjagriti.com). Another good way of contributing is to be part of the organising team. Be a part of the team.

Many regards,

rameshlakra
November 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you Dev ji and Karamveer ji. We are looking forward to ur kindness.

Many regards,

kharub
November 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
A highly commendable initiative ... three cheers for Karan Singh Ji and all others involved in the project ....... I will not be able to join in this time .. but definately look forward to meeting you all when i visit back home ...

trueblueindian
November 28th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Needless to say, do count me in lakra bhai

navingulia
November 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Bhai Sandesh
Thanks, we will be requiring all the help in organising these events (races and competitions.
On 20th we will be going for one day to organise handwriting, essay writing and drawing competition in schools.
On 25th the volunteers will have to reach village early to help organise events.

DEAR JATLAND MEMBERS,
PLEASE MAKE GENEROUS CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARDS THIS EVENT (even small amounts are welcome)

rameshlakra
November 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thank u Mr. VJ Kharab and Dabas bhai. We look forward to seeing u there.

There have been some queries about the mailing address and Account no. Here are the details of the abovesaid.

All contributions can be sent as Cheque in favour of ‘
Jan Jagriti Evam Kalyan Sanstha’ ICICI Ac/no : SBTAS A/c No. 002101066764

All foreign exchange contributions can be made to ‘Jan Jagriti Evam Kalyan Sanstha’ ICICI FCRA Ac/no : SBFCR A/c No. 002101066768

Mail can be addressed to--

NAVIN GULIA
213, SECTOR- 14
GORGAON - 122001

Pls be prompt in sending ur contribution for us to plan this EVENT better.

Regards

navingulia
November 29th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Navin Gulia
'Jan Jagriti'
no. 213, Sector-14,
Gurgaon-122001
Haryana

ph. 9213337996

georgian
November 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Dear Bhai logo,
Count me in, also confirm if there is some volleyball game on, if yes, i would love to be a refree.
Lakda bhaisaab, count me in and also please push me a day before the event.
Regards

rameshlakra
November 30th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Dear Charanveer,
U will have to take X-country, volleyball is not planned. Do come on 10 th DJM meet to discuss further plans.

As regarding Account there was some confusion.
The indian contribution is to be made on Jan Jagriti Evam Kalyan Sanstha’ ICICI Ac/no : SBTAS A/c No. 002101066764

all corespondence can addressed to

Navin Gulia
'Jan Jagriti'
no. 213, Sector-14,
Gurgaon-122001
Haryana

and further clarification can be sought on the tel no.

Navin Gulia ph. 9213337996

plz confirm ur contribution (including volunteering to be JJ team) soon

Regards,

rameshlakra
December 1st, 2006, 12:24 PM
Dear all,

The publicity banners, nearly 10 will be up on NH-10 (Bahadurgarh, Sampla and near Rohtak) and in and around Barhana Village. Mr Sunil Chhikara has kindly consented to bear cost of these banners and publicity materials. The banners will be up by Monday, 4th dec.

Plz send in ur suggestions, feedback and contributions at the earliest.

Regards,
Ramesh

navingulia
December 3rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Please dont make any foreign exchange contributions. The indian contributions can be sent as Cheque in favour of ‘Jan Jagriti Evam Kalyan Sanstha’ ICICI Ac/no : SBTAS A/c No. 002101066764

at the postal address

'Jan Jagriti'
213, Sec-14,
Gurgaon-122001
Haryana
phone - 9213337996

rameshlakra
December 11th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Dear all,

JJ is thankful to the followings (for making contribution at 10th DJM meet)

Mr. Karamveer Singh Chahal - Rs 3100/- and Book prizes
Mr. Dev Dahiya - Rs 2100/-
Mr. Ramlal Hooda - Rs 2100/-
Mr. Sunil Chhikara - In kind, expenses of 50 banners and publicity
Mr. Jasbir Solanki - In kind, 30 Caps as consolation prizes

The names will appear shortly on www.janjagriti.com
regards,

msingh
December 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM
i cant be a part of this naveen ,,but i am coming in feb ,,,,,,, so just let me know if u r organising any such thig later so tht i can be a part of it
Bhai Sandesh
Thanks, we will be requiring all the help in organising these events (races and competitions.
On 20th we will be going for one day to organise handwriting, essay writing and drawing competition in schools.
On 25th the volunteers will have to reach village early to help organise events.

DEAR JATLAND MEMBERS,
PLEASE MAKE GENEROUS CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARDS THIS EVENT (even small amounts are welcome)

navingulia
December 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Manisha, the JJ activities will go on, you can join/involve at anytime. Looking forward to your joining the gang.

Another contribution
Sub Mukhtiar Singh, vill Barhana - 5,100 Rs

navingulia
December 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Bhai Shailendra is sponsoring cups(prizes), medals and certificates.
Deekhsa has offered some books for the book prizes

priti
December 13th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Great job Karan...

Any particular reason for such unequal prize monies for male female cross country races???

Priti

Dear all,

Apart from Essay writing, games etc a major event planned is X-country, 8 kms for males and 5 Kms for Females of the region, target of 1000 participants. The prizes proposed for this mega event are Rs 15000, 10000, 5000 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in male category and Rs 5000, 2500, 1500 for Female category and 100 consolation T-shirts/ caps of Rs 200 each. The cost of banners publicity etc will raise this event itself to around Rs 1 lakh. Sponsors of the individual prizes or contributions to the above mentioned AC no only in Cheque are invited. The Contributors name will appear on the website www.janjagriti.com (http://www.janjagriti.com). Another good way of contributing is to be part of the organising team. Be a part of the team.

Many regards,

vijay
December 13th, 2006, 02:29 AM
The prizes proposed for this mega event are Rs 15000, 10000, 5000 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in male category and Rs 5000, 2500, 1500 for Female category and 100 consolation T-shirts/ caps of Rs 200 each.

Naveen bhai and Ramesh bhai,

I tried my best but couldn't understand that why the prize difference is so huge between male and female category ?

Why ???

I am against this.

Regards
Vijay

navingulia
December 13th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Dear Vijay and Priti,
This was how we looked at things initially. The prize difference is probably because we expected very few females to participate, however we ofcourse wouldnt mind an equal prize money too,
But as of now, we are having to amend our plans as the event is just 12 days away and we dont have funds right now, we have just been able to collect the childrens prizes for races.
I think we will have to go in for a cross country run only in open category with a prize money of say 5000, 3000, 1000.
Organising a bigger x-country would involve more funds on organising, supervising, medical aide and other things.
We were also planning 100 t-shirts as consolation prizes too but a lot will now depend on funds and available time.
Ir-respective of that we will have a big event in terms of involvement of the village people and kids.
regards
Navin

rameshlakra
December 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Great job Karan...

Any particular reason for such unequal prize monies for male female cross country races???

Priti

Priti,

Apart from the reasoning put forth by Navin, it is so because it was all tentative and like Navin said, subject to revision. We will keep yours and Vijay bhai point in mind when we finalise it.
Would we be delighted by ur presence this time too like the last time.
Regards,

Dear Vijay,

Like i said, we would keep ur suggestion in mind depending on the ratio of participation.

Regards,

priti
December 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Thank you for the clarification Navin and Ramesh. Looking forward...

Best
Priti

navingulia
December 22nd, 2006, 09:32 AM
New Contributions
Meenu Chhikara Rs 1,100
Virender Narwal Rs 5,100
Naveen Bazad Rs 4,000
Ramesh Lakra Rs 21,000
Myself Rs 5,100

Thanks to every one for contributing towards this effort.

rameshlakra
December 22nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Here is another relevant link.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18326

Pls confirm ur presence for 25th.

Regards