PDA

View Full Version : Bill for social security of the elderly....

brainspeak
December 4th, 2006, 06:14 PM
A bill has been introduced in the parliament concerning the Social Security of the Elderly....
the main provisons of the bill include :
-imprisonment of children who donot take care of their parents..
-registration of complaints by parents against their children
-fixing of allowances by the magistrates tht shud be given to the parents by their children..

the elderly constitute almost 10% of the total population nd r the dependent population....nd they need to be looked after,no doubt tht....

but do we need a law to be reminded of our duties towards our parents??....have we as a society degraded so low in our morals tht now we r reminded by the legislature nd the executive how to treat our parents????.....
have we as a society shunned our responsibility towards our elders???....

maybe the members wud like to comment.....

devdahiya
December 4th, 2006, 07:43 PM
A bill has been introduced in the parliament concerning the Social Security of the Elderly....
the main provisons of the bill include :
-imprisonment of children who donot take care of their parents..
-registration of complaints by parents against their children
-fixing of allowances by the magistrates tht shud be given to the parents by their children..

the elderly constitute almost 10% of the total population nd r the dependent population....nd they need to be looked after,no doubt tht....

but do we need a law to be reminded of our duties towards our parents??....have we as a society degraded so low in our morals tht now we r reminded by the legislature nd the executive how to treat our parents????.....
have we as a society shunned our responsibility towards our elders???....

maybe the members wud like to comment.....

It will be counter productive because what the elderly need at that stage is real love and care from their children and this kinda law might infuse some sort of fear in the minds of people but it will compell them to really give their quality time and love to their elders is any body's guess.But for sure the children will not be able to throw them out of house for sure.Let us see how it works.But seeing the mockery of CHILD LABOUR PREVENTION ACT'S failure,i have my reservations but there is some silver linning still.

parity
December 5th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Kuldeep Ur sentiments r very right n so ur reactions. But a person who can 4get his duties towards his parents needs only this kind of treatment :( no other option of reminding him his duties.
When we 4get our moral, social duties only then these kind of laws come in existence.
And if i talk from the bottom of my heart, i dnt think it wud make any big difference just like Anti domestic violence bill ( hope writing it correctly ).
Apne hi bachon se hurt hokar kya strength bachti hai ladne ki. And only 0.1 % r lucky enough to get the support of some NGO.
But still lets hope for the best :)
Nice thread by u, perhaps this can bring some awakening here :)

rajeshrathee
December 5th, 2006, 04:15 AM
I think that this is the result of some isolated extreme cases, which came into light in recent times.

Its good that if such a law is enforced then it will surely help those who need it most. For all others it will be no problem becuase the elderly are more intellignt/experianced and they know how to use this power. Secondly I think that a parent will use the above in extreme situation so no fear of its being counter productive.

Dev Sir, for the mockery of failure of CHILD LABOUR PREVENTION ACT'S , I think all of us are equally responsible. Can anyone recollect if he/she has reported any such case to authorities. I haven't done it so I think I'm also responsible for its failure.

waise bhi apni child labour ki age to nikal chuki ab kamsekam mere budhape ka to thik thak intizam sarkar ko karne do:cool:

devdahiya
December 5th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I think that this is the result of some isolated extreme cases, which came into light in recent times.

Its good that if such a law is enforced then it will surely help those who need it most. For all others it will be no problem becuase the elderly are more intellignt/experianced and they know how to use this power. Secondly I think that a parent will use the above in extreme situation so no fear of its being counter productive.

Dev Sir, for the mockery of failure of CHILD LABOUR PREVENTION ACT'S , I think all of us are equally responsible. Can anyone recollect if he/she has reported any such case to authorities. I haven't done it so I think I'm also responsible for its failure.

waise bhi apni child labour ki age to nikal chuki ab kamsekam mere budhape ka to thik thak intizam sarkar ko karne do:cool:

Rajesh bhai,i want it to succeed.Merra point issi ko le kar tha ke ye DIL aur Dandde ka DWANDDU hai...otherwise it is the call of the day.Hope it works!

rajeshrathee
December 5th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Rajesh bhai,i want it to succeed.Merra point issi ko le kar tha ke ye DIL aur Dandde ka DWANDDU hai...otherwise it is the call of the day.Hope it works!

Sir I just put my views? With maximum regards for you, please don't take it otherwise. You are an icon in Jatland.

devdahiya
December 5th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Sir I just put my views? With maximum regards for you, please don't take it otherwise. You are an icon in Jatland.

Ha..ha..ha..ha.....Na bhai manne te katti right spirit mei le rakhya se Rajesh....And your views were perfact........Cheers!