PDA

View Full Version : Shud we abolish the Death penalty??

brainspeak
December 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM
The capital punishment is awarded in case of rare of the rarest cases in the Indian Judicial system...

seeing the recent awarding of death penalty to people nd hanging of Dhananjay Chatterjee....one question tht springs to mind is --- Is capital punishment for those without capital??...

another question is can we do away with the death penalty....???....nd substitute it with sumthing else like a longer prison sentence.....or sumthing else maybe...

maybe members here wud like to comment......

keshavdahiya
December 5th, 2006, 11:54 PM
The capital punishment is awarded in case of rare of the rarest cases in the Indian Judicial system...

seeing the recent awarding of death penalty to people nd hanging of Dhananjay Chatterjee....one question tht springs to mind is --- Is capital punishment for those without capital??...

another question is can we do away with the death penalty....???....nd substitute it with sumthing else like a longer prison sentence.....or sumthing else maybe...

maybe members here wud like to comment......

i dont think people are interested in this topic........plz check this out......

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16578

brainspeak
December 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
thanks for pointing it out to me......didnt know tht it had been discussed earlier...

parity
December 6th, 2006, 10:02 AM
No Mr Keshav, i am very much interested :)

parity
December 6th, 2006, 10:18 AM
In my opinion, death penalty shud be given. Not only to punish the culprits but also to set an example for others, who can become criminals in future.
In dhananjay's ( i dnt think his name shud be written in capital) case, there were eye witnesses, as far as i know. afzal's case, according to me he is a criminal. In a country like us where politicians are ready to support Muslims n Dalits ( acc to me they are not Harijan, every human is Hari's Jan ) all the time, it isnt possible ki afzal ko fair trial nahi mila. And if nahi bhi mila to ab free ho kar vo criminal jaroor ban jaega, thats for sure.
Back to the main point, our judicial system is really BAKWAS :( If Arab countries jaisa hota (but with rationality) to yahan bhi crime rate kam hota. Punishment is where a person suffers, but do u 9 ? In our country poor ppl think going to prison is an end of their sufferings, for time being, as their basic needs wud be fulfilled. I know this because i am in contact with poor people ( real poor ) Punishment shud be severe tabi to punishment hogi.
According to me solution of all the national level problems- Millitary rule in India :cool:

raj_rathee
December 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I think we should reserve capital punishment for enemies of the nation
as well as for corrupt government officials and politicians.