PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in astrology ?

neels
December 13th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Whether I believe in astrology or not ?... I'll say I dont much.
I am not able to understand, how the directions or particular position of various stars in the solar system may affect our lives.... or how these self proclaimed predictioners can make predictions about our future n life, based on stars positions in our birth charts. And how they can assert that wid certain so called upayas , the position of stars can be changed. I really dont understand it. Thou wont lie, a couple of times in life, I myself went to the pandits n performed some upayas also. But truly, I could not fit that into my thought process. Well I think, We all have our insecurities, and these people take advantage of that and we do it beacause we do not see any harm, may be some monetary or time loss. If something bad happenes and you did not follow their advice then we start thinking may be there is some truth. No horoscopes, no pandits can tell about what lies ahead ??? Tell me, at one given time, at one place, many children take birth, the horoscopes for them wud be same with same position of different starts in different houses, Do they all share similar destiny? Nahin na !
I believe we come with a pre-destined life..... Kismet mein jo likha hai wahi hoga, na usse jyada, na usse kam, na waqt se pehle, na uske baad. There's that wise saying na - "Waqt se pehle aur kismet se jyada kabhi kisi ko nahi milta". There is a fixed time for everything, and how the things ll turn out, we can not predict... what we can do is best n sincere efforts on our part.
So I believe in faith, in destiny,in spirituality, in positivity...but in astrology n horoscopes, perhaps not !
Recently I read Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam's Autobiography. I quote few lines from there to share with all - "Quite honestly, I never really understood the reason behind the great importance attached by people to the faraway planets in our solar system. As an art, I have nothing against astrology, but if it seeks acceptance under the guise of science, I reject it. I do not know how the myths evoled about planets, star constellations and even satellites-that they can exercise power on human beings. The highly complicated calculations manipulated around the precise movements of celestial bodies, to derive highly subjective conclusions appear illogical to me". From- WINGS OF FIRE - An Autobiography - A P J Abdul Kalam, page 15.

NOTE - This is my thinking. I apologize if it hurts anyone's feelings. Different and even contradictory comments are welcome. To get to know different opinions is the purpose behind this post.

rajeshrathee
December 14th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Neelam Mam

I BELIEVE IN IT(BUT NOT BLINDLY).

From my experiance with astrology so far, it helped me a lot. May be because, I found good astrologer or anything but whatever is predicted for me by those astrologers (90% came out to be true, though there was some time differnce)

Scientifically also I believe that the planetary position at the time of birth do affect a person with their respective gravitational force.

Take the example of lunar gravitational force on ocean (high tides and low tides) & the fact that 70% of human body weight consisit of water, can explain the concept of effect of planetary positions at the time of birth.

But you have to work hard for your bright future.

neels
December 14th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Neelam Mam

I BELIEVE IN IT.

From my experiance with astrology so far, it helped me a lot. May be because, I found good astrologer or anything but whatever is predicted for me by those astrologers (90% came out to be true, though there was some time differnce)

Scientifically also I believe that the planetary position at the time of birth do affect a person with their respective gravitational force.

Take the example of lunar gravitational force on ocean (high tides and low tides) & the fact that 70% of human body weight consisit of water, can explain the concept of effect of planetary positions at the time of birth.
Thank you Rajesh Sir for your views with scientific reasons.

brainspeak
December 14th, 2006, 12:27 AM
neelam ji,
cudnt get u here...do u believe in astrology or u dont???....or u believe it when u want to believe it...maybe some particulatr aspects...

as for me i dont have faith in it...how the planetary positions nd the resultant energy emitted from them will shape my future is beyond me...
but at the same time there r lots nd lots of people who have blind faith in astrology...nd i think the believers outnumber the non believers by a big margin!!..:)

neels
December 14th, 2006, 12:37 AM
neelam ji,
cudnt get u here...do u believe in astrology or u dont???....or u believe it when u want to believe it...maybe some particulatr aspects...

as for me i dont have faith in it...how the planetary positions nd the resultant energy emitted from them will shape my future is beyond me...
but at the same time there r lots nd lots of people who have blind faith in astrology...nd i think the believers outnumber the non believers by a big margin!!..:)
Hi Kuldeep, I believe in destiny/fate, but not in astrology. But really Its all so confusing, I am not very sure about it.

pnauhwar21
December 14th, 2006, 12:38 AM
No horoscopes, no pandits can tell about what lies ahead ??? .........
I believe we come with a pre-destined life..... Kismet mein jo likha hai wahi hoga, na usse jyada, na usse kam, na waqt se pehle, na uske baad.

Neelam, you gave 2 contradictory statements in your post as above. If you believe that we have a pre-destined life, then there must be a possibility that some pandit can predict your life whether its through horoscope, your hast-rekha or getting help from Bhatakti souls. If the future is pre-determined, then there must be a way to see it too and maybe astrology is an old science developed long back.

But on the same hand, I myself am very confused coz it seems that whatever is predicted sometimes come true. But if the future is pre-determined, then how come we say that someone is doing good karma and some doing bad karma. If a rape or murder happens, is that pre-determined? If yes, then how come we blame the rapist or murderer..he just did what was written in his kismat..Similarly if our palm lines also determine our future, what about the people who have no hands...Also lets suppose our death can also be pre-determined by our horoscope or palm lines then does that mean that thousand of people who die instantly in an earthquake or a bomb blast like Hiroshima/Nagasaki all had the death written in their hands at the same time? Seems implausible :rolleyes:

I have never met a renowned astrologer or a person who can tell anything with absolute gaurantee though have heard about many. I will believe that only if I meet them and they can tell everything about my future or past..In my view, life is a series of events and infinity no. of paths. We choose our path depending on our action. If I do something bad, I goto a particular path of life, while if I do something good, I may goto a different path altogether..So its all about cause and events and the probability of an effect

neels
December 14th, 2006, 01:16 AM
If you believe that we have a pre-destined life, If the future is pre-determined, then there must be a way to see it too and maybe astrology is an old science developed long back.

hi prashant, i think there's difference between destiny and determining . I too believe in good karma.... and I am not saying we should not do good efforts just believing, jo hona hai wahi hoga. What I mean is, sometimes things happen in your life for which you have no explanation that why it happened? Sometime we dont have any answers for these WHY's in our life. You always did good deeds, never hurt anyone, never did anything wrong, still something wrong happens with you.( like sudden death of some close relation))how you ll explain it with actions? OR You do sincere efforts for something, but that doesn't happen, and in turn you get something much better or you have to do with something poor than what you desired. That's your destiny. And look around in the lifes of people you know, you ll find many such experiences. I give here one example, again from the life of our honourable president - he wanted to join Air Force, was not selected, was heart broken, joined with other opportunity which he got at time as Senior Scientific Assistant in Ministry of Defence. Because Destiny had something else in store for him, he was destined to be the India's missile man. Even the fate of siblings is not same who are provided with similar environment, same opportunities, education and almost everything. They may be equally good, did equally good efforts and are in equally good careers. still their family life can be even contrasting, and their share of happiness in life may be poles apart. This is destiny, or you call fate. But different from astrology, No horoscopes may have been successful in claiming what shape their life will take. So Good or Bad, whatever comes, sometimes is beyond our control and efforts. That is destiny.

vijay
December 14th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I do believe, not only in Astrology but all occult sciences. Planatery positions certainly inflluence our lives.

Can you dare to say that we can live without sunlight ? Sun is the source of energy of our Solar Syatem. Planetary position are not absolute but just relative to one another and hence they influence everything in our Solar System. Just like Rajesh bhai explained the effect of Moon. Similarly every celestial object have some specific characteristics and they influence us in that way. Effect maybe strong or weak depeneds on their position at the specific time period.

I agree with Prashant that if life is pre destined than there must be a way to know it by any means and all occult sciencs are thousand years old. What say ?:)

Million dollar question is that if life is pre-destined that who decides it and how it is decided that what a person is going to do in his/her life ?

Why people born under different zodiac sign possess different characteristics and different nature and that is true for every person ?There are some specific traits of every zodiac sign and the persons having that zodiac sign have all the general qualities in him/her.

Why sometimes we like or dislike someone without any specific reasons ? Just becoz their zodiac sign are compatible or not. It's certainly not destiny. Isn't it ?:)

Almost everybody believe in Karma and so do i. We do all the hard work and sometimes results are almost opposite and you call it destiny. So who decides our destiny ? What are the parameters on which it is decided ?

Why some persons have better luck than others and who decides our luck ?

If fate or fortune (Destiny) exists than occult sciences are never questionable :)

What say doc ?:)

pnauhwar21
December 14th, 2006, 05:41 AM
What I mean is, sometimes things happen in your life for which you have no explanation that why it happened? Sometime we dont have any answers for these WHY's in our life. You always did good deeds, never hurt anyone, never did anything wrong, still something wrong happens with you.( like sudden death of some close relation))how you ll explain it with actions? OR You do sincere efforts for something, but that doesn't happen, and in turn you get something much better or you have to do with something poor than what you desired. That's your destiny.
I give here one example, again from the life of our honourable president - he wanted to join Air Force, was not selected, was heart broken, joined with other opportunity which he got at time as Senior Scientific Assistant in Ministry of Defence. Because Destiny had something else in store for him, he was destined to be the India's missile man. Bad, whatever comes, sometimes is beyond our control and efforts. That is destiny.

Sudden death of some close one is an effect of karma only. If somebody does rash driving and hits someone you know, that happened because the other person did some step ie. rash driving. Similarly, when you do something good or work very hard to achieve something like getting admission into medical and you still don't get it, thats not because destiny has something else in store for you but because someone else performed better than you. As has been said, sirf karm karte jao, phal ki chinta mat karo..You can control your actions but Not the result. The example of our president is also same - he tried to get in Airforce, but didnt get coz someone else performed better and got through..then he became president not specifically due to destiny but because he selected a different path and hence life took an altogether different turn.

I would really recommend the movie 'Run Lola Run' if you have not seen it. The movie is about a girl called Lola whose life totally changes with just a slight change of event. It has a really good depiction of how path of your life changes with action of many people you don't even know. A minute here and there, and your life could be totally different. We can call it destiny to suit our mindset but then there would not be any charm in doing anything if everything is fixed as per our fate or destiny.

Its not that I have not been to astrologers and don't believe in god but life is a much bigger game that we need to think from a different perspective too :rolleyes: . One other thing about astrologers is that, when they say that you will do this or that, you unconsciously try to choose the same path in your life and hence most of the predictions could turn out to be true.

And as Vijay and Rajesh ji mentioned, the position of planets do have an impact on our personality but to what extent and exactly in what way & how is a Trillion dollar question. The day and time Bill Gates was born, many people in Somalia would also have been born, but their life is totally different. If life was just about planetery positions, everbody born at same date and time should have same life but thats not true. So, life takes a turn as per the path, no. of people crossing your path at the same time and the probability of the result just like a slot machine..

naveenbazad
December 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
i dont believe in astrology but certain thing happens that u have just to stand and admire .... i am not believing in astrology as i dont have knowledge about it fullly ...if thats not there then listen to cases:

my bhabhi was to deliver twins , a lady who is good astrologer said 6 months before that first baby would be normal and second would be surgerian and the delivery happened as the lady has told ...
.my sister was going to get married and the lady has said something before marriage and that happened as she has said ...
there are also other things which have been predicted which came out to be true....so if one has so much abilty that their predictions doesnt affect ur present rate of working or efforts then they seek the help of those but if ur efforts get affected then dont meet them also.... keep doing the hard work ,results will come and even if they dont come u feel satisfied and remains happy and i think thats most important not what will happen .... i am firm believer of the thing if u utilize ur present in a best way ur future will be good because at that time ur future will be ur present ......so astrology is there .... but it is not beneficial for me so i am not believer of it.

neels
December 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Million dollar question is that if life is pre-destined that who decides it and how it is decided that what a person is going to do in his/her life ?

What say doc ?:)

Well I dont want to say anything Vijay, It is a Hot Debatabale issue, where everyone has a choice of opinion and belief. I am not here to contradict anyone, I just told what I feel based on my experiences. And I really want to know different opinions on the issue, thats why I wrote about it.
[ How it is decided what a person is going to do.....?] well I found no reasons for certain things in life, except to believe, they may be effects (Good or Bad) of past life karmas.
And Prashant if accident happens, one man dies because of other person kermas of rash driving; the worst effected and totally changed will be the life of that man's wife's life, who died in the accident. She ll be the person most effected by the incidence. now how you explain the reason of her bad luck, how the third person's kerma changed the course of her life?

vijay
December 14th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Well I dont want to say anything Vijay, It is a Hot Debatabale issue, where everyone has a choice of opinion and belief. I am not here to contradict anyone, I just told what I feel based on my experiences. And I really want to know different opinions on the issue, thats why I wrote about it.
[ How it is decided what a person is going to do.....?] well I found no reasons for certain things in life, except to believe, they may be effects (Good or Bad) of past life karmas.
And Prashant if accident happens, one man dies because of other person kermas of rash driving; the worst effected and totally changed will be the life of that man's wife's life, who died in the accident. She ll be the person most effected by the incidence. now how you explain the reason of her bad luck, how the third person's kerma changed the course of her life?

Neelam,

Yes, we are not here for contradicting one another but to discuss in a positive way. Everybody have some personal experiences and considering that experiences they make their opinions and belief being practical.

If you believe in past life Karmas and 'puarjanm' than i dare to say that only occult sciences and Hindu Mythology believe on them. It proclaims that on the merit of past life's karma a person take a new birth at a specific time when celestial planets are at some specific positions and hence that influence the new born infant's destiny.

Nobody suffers from another person's karma. A person suffers due to presnet life karma or past life karma. That's why every person born with some fate and fortune associated with him/her and nobody can change that by any means.

choudharyneelam
December 14th, 2006, 04:59 PM
well i would say that i believe in such things but not totally...mostly we use to consult our own panditji from our native place...once my parents asked them about my sister's horoscope as they wanted to check it how much correct they say as parents have asked the same thing from some other pandits also and then they found the difference in everybody's statement....but not totally..there were some similarities also....and what our that own panditji says is that this is just a study about stars, planets, etc. etc. and it never shows us 100% accuracy...even he says that 'jo hona hota hai wahi hota hai'...kuch upaay karne se nahin hota....this is a earning for them...but one cannot say that this is illogical or unbelievable....and it also depends upon one's study...i forgotten the name of one famous astrologer and i'm not finding his book at home otherwise in that book there are lots of examples to tell that were all true...and he said about all those things in some different manner..like one eg. sept. 11 attack...he even told that who and how will that tower be attacked and at what time...so much correct happenings he said but that was all in that different manner that one can only get it after it actually happens.

and what i believe totally is our present and past actions, means karma...our willing power that how much we can control ourselves from doing any bad act or uttering....how much we are determined to our goals and also i believe on our decision strategy...so if these things are all good and moving in the right manner then we can avoid almost all unfavourable happenings.

netrapalsingh
December 14th, 2006, 05:29 PM
jat karm me vishwas rakhta hai or iseeliye aaj jat itnee kar saka hai
apnee oopar vishwas karo aur karm karte raho kismaat apne aap
tumhare saath chalegee aisa mera manna hai.

Bachpan me ek story padhe thee chandragupta jab ek kissan ka
bala tha to raja raja khel raha tha oonse ek jyotshi ko haath dikhya
or poocha kya mai bhee raja bansakta hoo jyotshi bola nahi tere
haath me wo line hee nahi hai chandragupta ne poocha kon see line
hai wo or chakoo se apne haath par line bana lee.

or chandragupta ek mahan raja tha ye kon nahi janta.

netra......

vijay
December 14th, 2006, 05:32 PM
i forgotten the name of one famous astrologer and i'm not finding his book at home otherwise in that book there are lots of examples to tell that were all true...and he said about all those things in some different manner..like one eg. sept. 11 attack...he even told that who and how will that tower be attacked and at what time...so much correct happenings he said but that was all in that different manner that one can only get it after it actually happens.

Neelam, i suppose you are talking about famous French astrologer Nostradamus.:)

choudharyneelam
December 14th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Neelam, i suppose you are talking about famous French astrologer Nostradamus.:)

ya Vijay exactly i was taking about this famous personality..thanks for reminding me his name

choudharyneelam
December 14th, 2006, 05:50 PM
jat karm me vishwas rakhta hai or iseeliye aaj jat itnee kar saka hai
apnee oopar vishwas karo aur karm karte raho kismaat apne aap
tumhare saath chalegee aisa mera manna hai.

Bachpan me ek story padhe thee chandragupta jab ek kissan ka
bala tha to raja raja khel raha tha oonse ek jyotshi ko haath dikhya
or poocha kya mai bhee raja bansakta hoo jyotshi bola nahi tere
haath me wo line hee nahi hai chandragupta ne poocha kon see line
hai wo or chakoo se apne haath par line bana lee.

or chandragupta ek mahan raja tha ye kon nahi janta.

netra......

ya Netrapal you said right thing...but we are talking at this topic in general that we believe it in or not....rest your point is also right.

pnauhwar21
December 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
well I found no reasons for certain things in life, except to believe, they may be effects (Good or Bad) of past life karmas.

If a person is happy or sad in present life due to effect of past life karma, what about the first time he was born on earth? On what basis his/her destiny defined for his first life when there was no records of his karma..

As I said before, your life is not just dependent on ur actions but on the action of other people around you whom you don't even know. Its just like a football game. The football is your life and goalpost is your final destination, but there will be many people who will interfere in your life by dribbling with you, your family and friends will be in your team who would help you with your life while there will be an opposition team who will cause all the hardships in your life and making it more difficult. But if you are better then them, you will be able to make a goal.

But all said, if you do good karma, there are higher chances that you will lead a better life as the paths may be lengthy and full of hardships, but their destination is good. People doing bad things may look like enjoying their life but thats just a mirage and soon they will fall in the trap.

bislaas
December 14th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I am jyotishacharya in astrology. It is also a science like othe sciences. Eminent doctors , engineers, senior army officers were our class fallows.Every question has a logical answer which can be replicated.u should identify "pakhand and Andhvishwash" service is available/provided by me free of cost to educate and enlighten our innocent bretherns.

If you believe that we have a pre-destined life, If the future is pre-determined, then there must be a way to see it too and maybe astrology is an old science developed long back.

hi prashant, i think there's difference between destiny and determining . I too believe in good karma.... and I am not saying we should not do good efforts just believing, jo hona hai wahi hoga. What I mean is, sometimes things happen in your life for which you have no explanation that why it happened? Sometime we dont have any answers for these WHY's in our life. You always did good deeds, never hurt anyone, never did anything wrong, still something wrong happens with you.( like sudden death of some close relation))how you ll explain it with actions? OR You do sincere efforts for something, but that doesn't happen, and in turn you get something much better or you have to do with something poor than what you desired. That's your destiny. And look around in the lifes of people you know, you ll find many such experiences. I give here one example, again from the life of our honourable president - he wanted to join Air Force, was not selected, was heart broken, joined with other opportunity which he got at time as Senior Scientific Assistant in Ministry of Defence. Because Destiny had something else in store for him, he was destined to be the India's missile man. Even the fate of siblings is not same who are provided with similar environment, same opportunities, education and almost everything. They may be equally good, did equally good efforts and are in equally good careers. still their family life can be even contrasting, and their share of happiness in life may be poles apart. This is destiny, or you call fate. But different from astrology, No horoscopes may have been successful in claiming what shape their life will take. So Good or Bad, whatever comes, sometimes is beyond our control and efforts. That is destiny.

chhillar
December 14th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I am jyotishacharya in astrology. It is also a science like othe sciences. Eminent doctors , engineers, senior army officers were our class fallows.Every question has a logical answer which can be replicated.u should identify "pakhand and Andhvishwash" service is available/provided by me free of cost to educate and enlighten our innocent bretherns.

Did you take a class to learn jyotish...

BTW I don't just believe but know that jyotish works, all those who don't believe or are not sure...wait until somebody mesmerizes you...

jagmohan
December 15th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Dear All,

A very difficult question to answer. May be some of us believe in Astrology but may not publicly admit in an open forum. Let me tell you about an experience I had in Jun 1992, at a non descript village near Odlabari, Bagrakot in North Bengal.

We had just finished with a training excercise in the mountains near Kalimpong and since we couldn't get vehicles to go to North Sikkim, where my 'Paltan' was supposed to revert to, we were asked to finish with our annual field firing ranges at Teesta Field Firing Ranges. This is the background how we landed up in that place.

My commanding officer, a Jat Sikh, self and one Major Tiwari (a dear friend from Nainital) were having evening tea with an Artillery unit. One of their officers told us about a certain 'Fakkad Baba' who ived nearby. It seems he could rattle off an individual's future by just looking around a person (something called 'Aura' reading). We all laughed it out but then since we were at that location, the three of us decided to visit this Baba. We did go to his hut in a random order. This is what he told me after looking at me for a minute or so.

1. Your wife has a medical problem related with head. He said all would be well though. My wife later underwent a brain tumor operation in Delhi in Jun 1995.
2. He told me that I would buy a white car in the near future. I did not have money to even buy a scooter at that time or even for an year. However, one Doctor Uncle was disposing off his car, a WHITE FIAT, and he gave it to me and said "Jab paise hon, de denaa". I bought the car in Dec 1992.
3. He told me that I would make two houses. One I own today (other than the ancestral one) and one more has been allotted through the Army Housing Scheme.
4. Then he asked me if I had any questions. I had appeared in the written exam for Defence Services Staff College Exam Ser 49 and the results were to be announced in a few days. I asked him "will I pass?". He said "Ho jayegaa". And I did pass.

By the way Major Tiwari too had apperared for the same exam. He too asked him and got a positive response. He too passed and we both went together for the course. It is a rarity for two officers to pass in one year. Of course we had worked hard, both of us.

I still remember that experience rather vividly.

Yes, I do believe in astrology. But not blindly.

Regards,

JS Malik

pnauhwar21
December 16th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Most of the time astrology is a fluke as per my experience. Jagmohan ji, that astrologer didn't tell you the exact problem...once you grow beyond 40, you are bound to have some problem or the other, he simply said medical problem with head, it could be migraine too which is the most common symptom and astrologers just talk in subjective or abstract terms..he said you will have a white car, this remained in your mind so when you got an oppurtunity to buy a car and that too white, you bought it thinking that astrologer said the right thing..even if you had an option to buy a new car, you would have bought white only as back of the mind you would have thought about astrologer's words..its all about psychology as I understand. Similarly for passing of exam, I am not sure how difficult is that exam but no astrologer would say that you would fail until and unless he knows that you are not intelligent enough or a below average person..

If you really want to test an astrologer, ask him about your past..if you have a black color car, ask him which kind of car you currently have..if you are already a divorcee, tell him that your husband/wife is very good..unka job kaisa hoga and then ask how will ur married life be..he wont be able to guess that you are a divorcee...if you have already been to a foreign country, tell him that you want to go out..is there any chance..if yes then when..he is going to tell you Upays...

Frankly speaking, I really want to meet a person who really can mesmerise me with all this .. I have heard stories about many, but when I went there they turned out to be totally clueless.. Delhi mein koi mandir ke baba hain, ek friend ne bola wo tumhara rumaal dekh ke tumhare baare mein sab bata deta hai (FOR FREE as claimed)..I was obviously very curious..me and my friend kept a hanky with some rice inside it under our pillow while sleeping..and then next day gave it to him..what he said..(I was 22-23 yr. that time)..tumhe apne career ki chinta hai..u want to have a good job but there are some problems in ur grahas..and wrote an upay of 200-300 rs. :confused: thats but obvious a person of 22-23 would be looking for his career..

Similarly, many of you would have heard about Nadi astrology..they can tell all about you by looking at old patras..I went to one in Pune with my friend. One guy greeted us at the reception..I asked all about the process with him..that how you do..whats the gaurantee that its true (just to unnerve him :) .. then he took our thumb impressions and went inside to collect our patras.. I immediately told my friend he is going to come back saying our records are not there and it happened exactly that way!!! And my friend went again to the same place after 2 weeks alone and this time they found his record :confused: ...

Astrologers are more of a psychologists, they see your behaviour, your personality and make some assumptions on the basis of that. One of my friend tells that a man in Mumbai tells your exact 'Date of Birth' just by looking at your face. I am yet to meet that man but if he is able to do that..that would be something amazing...

Over a period of time, I really believe life is a series of incidents which can change path as per your action and not through pre-destined future. Baki asliyat marne ke baad pata pad hi jayegi...

rraajjeevv
December 16th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I feel it is somewhat difficult to answer in a straight forward 'yes' or 'no'. there are a lot of grey areas. Some people believe in astrology and some do not. There are too many unknowns in life and sometimes when you are clueless about the unknowns you resort to believing in astrology. My personal opinion is that one should not rely totally on astrology to make every decisions in life.

raj_rathee
December 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Kamal ho gaya!
Apne Col. chacha bhi astrologer ki bhaloyee mein aa gaye. Mein tae nu socch
ra tha ki Col. chacha ek aadh danda chepte baba ke...andh vishwas failan
tahin!

Vaise yoh keesa naam..."Fakkad baba"...angrezza nae tae yoh naam dhara
na hoga..that is for sure....:cool:

Vaise I agree with Prasant...jib inn tae past ka kucch na bataya jaanta
tae bhavisya ka ke batawaange. Yeh tae siddhe saadhe
logan ne bhalon ka sauda hai. Khaas tor pe lugaayeeyan ko.
Mahare jisse tae inki chakree bandh dein.

Ek be ek astologer ne meri ma ko bataya ke "Aaapka beta jab ghusse
mein hota hai toh oonchi awaaj mein bolta hai!"...Yea Sure, Mr.
Einstein!

The only time I had direct contact with someone like that was when
I was in 6/7 grade. I had gone to my buwa's village and me and my cousin
were in the fields. He spotted an old "banjaran" type lady and he said ki
"wah haath dekha kare". So we rushed to her to show our hands. And of
course my cousin asked her the most important question on our minds:
"mahare byah ke baare mein bata de" :eek: :cool: :D

She said to my cousin ki tera byah aas paas ke gaam mein hoga.
She said to me ki mera foreign tae rishta aweega and there would be two
families fighting over me....

How much of that turned out to be true...ha ha ha ha...I'll leave that
as an exercise. But it was nevertheless interesting that she threw
in the "foreign" aspect. I had already been travelling abroad at that
time...but I doubt she knew that in any way. Perhaps..clothing etc.
might have been a clue.

In any case, I don't really believe in any of that...though always like
to keep an open mind...For the time being I think the
test of "pastcasting" is a good one.

trueblueindian
December 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yesss i do belive in it, and yess indian science is the best and most accurate when it comes to astro sciences

swati
December 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM
nice topic for discussion

i do believe in astrology
but dont take it very seriously:)

suneet_rana
December 16th, 2006, 11:55 AM
i do believe in astrology
but dont take it very seriously:)

hmm.... mujhe bhi kabhi kabhi lagta hia kash mai apne futrue ke baare me sab kuch jaan paata or saari tensions khatam....... :)

jagmohan
December 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Theek baat kahee bhai Raj! I don't know who gave him that name but that's what he was known as.

I just wrote about the experience I had a long time back. Bhaloyae mein katai nahin aaya bhai...

It is a matter of faith actually. No conclusive proof to prove it either way.

neels
December 16th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I want to thank all the members who have shared their views here. Many views have made me doubtful and are prompting me to consult some astrologer again.:confused: .
But no I've taken my stand, "COME WHAT MAY", I ll take it in my stride. And so there's no place for any future tellers.
Prashant, Your views sounds very convincing to me, perhaps because they someewhere match to mines.:)

netrapalsingh
December 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
astrology yanee jyotsh vidya kabhee ramayan mahabharat me iske bare me suna tha aaj ke yoog me bhee ye vidya hai mai nahi manta theek hai jyotshi hai or is desh me bhoot ache ache name wale jyotshee hai par kya koi gurantee se kah saktee hai kee we 100% sahee batate hai hai maine bhee iske bare me thoda bhoot padha ye ek maths hai or isme equation bheeda kar batate hai or jaha tak haath dekh kar batane kee bat hai agar koi merea haath dekh kar mera bare ek bhee bat sahee bate to mai bhee astrology me vishwaash karne lag joonga.

Jaipur me news paper me Aids niklate fala hotel me fala jyoteeshe ayee hai fees 1500-2000 tak lete the 20 saal pahale kee bat bata raha hoo mai mai or mere kuch dost haath dikhane jate or fees wapas le kar ate ek bhee sahee jawab nahi de saka kyo kee mere haath me sirf 2 line hai ek oomar ke or ke dil kee or bhee badi badi. tisire hai hee nahi agla batye kya........:) :mad: :mad:

netra.........

sidchhikara
December 22nd, 2006, 01:15 AM
I am not able to understand, how the directions or particular position of various stars in the solar system may affect our lives.... or how these self proclaimed predictioners can make predictions about our future n life, based on stars positions in our birth charts. And how they can assert that wid certain so called upayas , the position of stars can be changed. I really dont understand it. Thou wont lie, a couple of times in life, I myself went to the pandits n performed some upayas also. But truly, I could not fit that into my thought process. Well I think, We all have our insecurities, and these people take advantage of that and we do it beacause we do not see any harm, may be some monetary or time loss. If something bad happenes and you did not follow their advice then we start thinking may be there is some truth. No horoscopes, no pandits can tell about what lies ahead ??? Tell me, at one given time, at one place, many children take birth, the horoscopes for them wud be same with same position of different starts in different houses, Do they all share similar destiny? Nahin na !
I believe we come with a pre-destined life..... Kismet mein jo likha hai wahi hoga, na usse jyada, na usse kam, na waqt se pehle, na uske baad. There's that wise saying na - "Waqt se pehle aur kismet se jyada kabhi kisi ko nahi milta". There is a fixed time for everything, and how the things ll turn out, we can not predict... what we can do is best n sincere efforts on our part.
So I believe in faith, in destiny,in spirituality, in positivity...but in astrology n horoscopes, perhaps not !
Recently I read Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam's Autobiography. I quote few lines from there to share with all - "Quite honestly, I never really understood the reason behind the great importance attached by people to the faraway planets in our solar system. As an art, I have nothing against astrology, but if it seeks acceptance under the guise of science, I reject it. I do not know how the myths evoled about planets, star constellations and even satellites-that they can exercise power on human beings. The highly complicated calculations manipulated around the precise movements of celestial bodies, to derive highly subjective conclusions appear illogical to me". From- WINGS OF FIRE - An Autobiography - A P J Abdul Kalam, page 15.

NOTE - This is my thinking. I apologize if it hurts anyone's feelings. Different and even contradictory comments are welcome. To get to know different opinions is the purpose behind this post.

Totally and whole-heartedly reject it. Will never waste my time on having to do anything with it.

vkaschaudhary
December 22nd, 2006, 04:33 AM
No...not in astrology ....

and plssss don't mind not in such threads:cool:

neels
December 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM

Thank you vikas for your valuable comments.
Well its not a compulsory thread, so if you dont like, its okay, need nt post reply or even visit. hope you didn't mind visiting once....:cool:

vijay
December 23rd, 2006, 11:37 PM

Nobody minds here buddy and at least about whom who don't have anything to say or participate in any debate but just try to force their thoughts.

Knowledge leads to intellectuality and intellectual ppl know how to debate and conclude but dumbs just know how to reject each and every thought without putting up their own point of view. :)

amitchhikara
December 24th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Don't believe in it at all. Bunch of crap

vijay
December 24th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Don't believe in it at all. Bunch of crap

Nobody is forcing you, buddy. :) But i suppose that every belief have a reason behind that.