PDA

View Full Version : Unjustified Execution

MKadwa
January 2nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Will Saddam Be Iraqi Nationalist Icon?

The execution of Saddam Husein has provided former Iraqi Dictator the best end he could have hoped
for once American troops invaded his country: to die as a 'MARTYR'. In the cause of iraqi nationalism.

The hagging of Saddam Husein has always likely to be viewed in extremely partisan terms, with shias insisting the crimes against them should be paid for the sunnis feeling further marginalised in the new Iraq. But if there are some Iraqis who compare execution to the RVENGE killing that are the norm in that country today.

It's because of the utter contempt for legitimacy that characterised the entire process of bringing Saddam Husein to justice , with judegs changed and defence lawyers murdered. And the US didn't help by deciding that while the problem of non-existence, WMD was international enough for a coalition of foreign forces to take over Iraq, the trial didn't require the legitimacy of an International court.

And it expected Iraqis to ignore the irony that the US backed government in Baghdad was trying Saddam Husein for crimes committed when he was a staunch ally of Washington.

History will not forgive Saddam Husein's many brutal crimes, but the lack of legitimacy of the trial dilutes the impact of what should have been a deserved calling to account. Just how effectively the manner of his death will wipe away the sins of his life, time alone can tell. But Saddam Husein's crime and punishment points to the expediency involved in the reaction of government to issues of human rights. india, along with developing coutries such China or Brazil prefers to take laissezfaire attitude to human rights violation in third world countries such as Iraq or Sudan, reserving their ire at crimes which fit into a colonial paradigm, such as
apartheid era south-Africa.

If at all Human Rights enter the picutre it's only embelisah an argument that has been built on the other geopolitical consideration political expediency over human rights has sserved countries well to be abandoned in a hurry.

But as global conciousness over human rights violatiuon grows, government, particularily in he developed world, can ignoring human rights violation could then leave Indai with friends who are quite vulnerable on a chnaging global geo-polotical stage.

parity
January 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
All the procedings have positive & negative effects. Which one is stronger n more important shud be given considerations. Positive one gets my vote here :)

Also i think, these kind of discussions wud give him "todays hitler" more publicity. So me not writing anything in detail here :D

MKadwa
January 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
All the procedings have positive & negative effects. The stronger & more important deserves the considerations. Positive one gets my vote here.

Also i think these kind of discussions wud give him "Todays Hitler" more publicity. So not writing anything in detail.

I would like to ask you one question that, Who has given the rights to US led coalition to act as a JUDGE?

parity
January 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
I didnt support any country. I just said that i am happy that Saddam is finally dead.
Obviously Coalition forces dont have any right. But this action was needed n we all know that UN is utter bakwas, they dont do anything except accepting donations :(
Plz dnt take me wrong. Me not supporting America, I am supporting the outcome (talking about only one here)
In my opinion, its too early to comment. We shud wait n see the after effects before giving any verdict.

Iraqis need time as every country needs after independence :)

Forces still searching for his treasures, people shouting about his cruelities. So how does Judiciary actions matter. Every1 knows he was culprit.

dahiyarules
January 3rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
I am against death penalty. But Saddam was an exception. I think death by hanging was an honor for him, considering his heinous crimes.