PDA

View Full Version : new yr resolutions

ritu
January 3rd, 2007, 02:05 AM
hmm new year has already started and most of us make new yr resolutions and try to achieve them.
my new yr resolutionssss rrr
1will go to temple once a week
2learn to forgive
3think before speaking
4practice yoga more seriously
these r mine ..what about yrs .share them here then there will be chances u might follow them:)

keshavdahiya
January 3rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
hmm new year has already started and most of us make new yr resolutions and try to achieve them.
1will go to temple once a week
2learn to forgive
3think before speaking
4practice yoga more seriously
these r mine ..what about yrs .share them here then there will be chances u might follow them:)

bebey i make revolution ebery day.....:) ;)

but still for the sake of revolution>>>>I will make my family happy some how or the other...and will help the needful to my ful capacity......

pnauhwar21
January 3rd, 2007, 03:03 AM
bebey i make revolution ebery day.....:) ;)

but still for the sake of revolution>>>>......

Keshav bro..tumne to resolution ko revolution bana diya;) .. but galti se sach hi likh diya kyonki agar hum apne resolutions ko achieve kar len to wo revolution hi la denge :D

apne to ye hain..baki pata padega ye revolution late ya nahin

1) Sleep at 11 pm and wake up at 6 am (currently 12:30 and 8:30 respectively:( )

2) Restart my exercise regime and be regular throughout life..(abhi to bas daily ka yahi resolution hai)

3) Give atleast half an hour to 1 hr to meditation and connect to higher conciousness (abhi muskhil se 3 min. bhagwan ke saamne which is more of a routine compulsion)

4) Give more time to hobbies and shutdown the laptop as soon as I reach home (very difficult!!)

5) Do more for the needy and make life better for the unfortunate..

neels
January 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Every now and then we make resolutions, but yea new year is a special time to bring them into action more seriously. I think
1. Resume my guitar practise
2. Complete soon the pending research papers
3. Start working on my most ambitious project(till now)
4. Rest in general like always, not to harm anyone, to be good and honest on my own part, try to bring a smile on every face :) .

VPannu
January 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
sorry wrong post!

sunnysangwan
January 3rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
socha tha pehli tareekh se ciggrette peeni chhod doonga pan bhai resolution toot ta deekh rahya hai.

neels
January 3rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
socha tha pehli tareekh se ciggrette peeni chhod doonga pan bhai resolution toot ta deekh rahya hai.

Hey have a Strong Will, and dont let this resolution break. Ek baar kuch din you ll ve to put all ur efforts to resist it, then wont find it as difficult. Its a very gud thing you have thot, so saying... so pls don let it break. see shahrukh khan was such a chain smoker, when he can leave, why cant you ?
Hope you will !
And hope you wont mind.

keshavdahiya
January 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hey have a Strong Will, and dont let this resolution break. Ek baar kuch din you ll ve to put all ur efforts to resist it, then wont find it as difficult. Its a very gud thing you have thot, so saying... so pls don let it break. see shahrukh khan was such a chain smoker, when he can leave, why cant you ?
Hope you will !
And hope you wont mind.

Dr Rathee SRK merra dhaabi sei puraana....manne barra sei uska...bhakaan laag rehya sei oow....kitte na choddi usne cigreette piini.......er yu suunny ne to chodd li...iske mein mheins ke tiike laaungaa...jiib maanegga yu.......:p :D

er owwweee suuny.....maane sei ke bhaarun mheins aala sua........

brainspeak
January 3rd, 2007, 11:32 PM

well shahrukh was even smoking on TV when he was presented for the new KBC show...uske baad chod di hai to pata nahin....

baaki bhai sangwan....cigratte koi achi cheez to hai nahin yeh tereko bhi pata hai...if u can leave it..leave it!!!....:)

neels
January 3rd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Dr Rathee SRK merra dhaabi sei puraana....manne barra sei uska...bhakaan laag rehya sei oow....kitte na choddi usne cigreette piini.......er yu suunny ne to chodd li...iske mein mheins ke tiike laaungaa...jiib maanegga yu.......:p :D

Keshav.... you write so dhansu haryanvi, by god aadhi be to mere samajh mein nahi aati....zor la la padhni pade hai.....:D

keshavdahiya
January 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
Keshav.... you write so dhansu haryanvi, by god aadhi be to mere samajh mein nahi aati....zor la la padhni pade hai.....:D

ghanna zor na laa diyo......:D na te gadd baad ho sakke sei..;)

ghanni gehraai mein matna jaiyo.....hahahahhah

well thats normal for JATS from RTK.....lekin SRK ne ciggis nahi choddi hain...that I can bet...abhi thoddi deir pehle hi to baat hui hai merri...:)

neels
January 4th, 2007, 12:04 AM
ghanna zor na laa diyo......:D na te gadd baad ho sakke sei..;)

ghanni gehraai mein matna jaiyo.....hahahahhah

well thats normal for JATS from RTK.....lekin SRK ne ciggis nahi choddi hain...that I can bet...abhi thoddi deir pehle hi to baat hui hai merri...:)

Na gadbad na hove...issi baat na hai, hum bhi Rohtak ke e Jat hain....:cool: aur dahiyaon te to hamara khasa rishta hai.:)
Come'on phir to meri bhi baat kerwa do SRK se;)
Well I feel SRK is a man of values, if he's saying, he must have tried to leave smoking.

rraajjeevv
January 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM
those of you who are having difficulty in giving up smoking in the new year, just follow what Mark Twain said -
"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times."
Believe me, it always works.

sunnysangwan
January 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM

re o jahreeli fufkaar aale naag, kimme dhang ka kaam karan dega ak ni, sochi to bhot kardi thi iib ke pan ke karoon apne dhabbi Ruppi ki yaad a jaave se ak bhai ekla hokka peevega baithke, jyaan te na chhoddi jaati.
Ar Neelam, kesu theek kahve se yo SRK nira bhakaan ka se, duniya ne bawli booch lagya raakha se isne. issi issi baataan main ni aaya karde.
Ar bhai kisse ne mera dhabbi Ruppi dekhya ke, kai din ho liye, jad te uski jeepdi palti thi, jad te e konya deekha, kitte sadma to ni maan rahya. kisse ne deekhe te boliye ak bhai tohve tha.

Sangwan

rockyjat
January 5th, 2007, 06:35 AM
the best way to quit smoke is, stick to CIGGAR!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :D
or smoke the exhaust of 2-stroke bikes!!! :p
-
-
Smoking is gross & stinky!!!!:mad:
Sec hand smoke kills!! :eek:
so plzzzzzzzzzz! stop polluting enviorment and fellow people's life!:)

chao...

those of you who are having difficulty in giving up smoking in the new year, just follow what Mark Twain said -

rakeshdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Bhai Pradeep, main to tere se bhai agee nikal ayee. On new year eve i decided i will not smoke. But I had three ciggs. left in the packet by 11.59 on 31 dec 2006.

Bhai par jab subhee othee to as usual cigg. peene ka mann hua par phir resolution yaad aa gayee. phir sochee cholo yee bacheeee hui cigg. to pe he latee hun, kyoon wastee karee, wasee bhi yahan singapore main cigg bahat costly hi. so i smiked one...then anothet after breakfast.........and rest i history.....i am stilll smoking. pata naheee ya adaat kyon nahi chooteee.

May be because i live alone and therefore whenever i feel happy i automatically pop out a cigg to reward my self and if i am feeling low i smoke to relieve so called relief from tension. No geeting away.

are neelam ji, prashant bhai, ritu ji, keshav bhai theree dhoraa koi ilajj ho to batoo, By the way i am firm on my other new year resolution to get up before 8 am in the morning....pichlee sal to 11 bajee se pahlee neend hi nahee kolti this (unless there is an appointment in the morning)

rakeshdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Bhai kesu i fully agree with u. same happened with Shane Warne. He got attached to some non smoking campaing last time but was spotted smoking by a teen and that led to some ugly confrontation too, i believe.

To manaa bhia nu lagaa se ki SRK ne nahii chodeee se cigg. agar chod de achee batt hai.:p

rakeshdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM
majja aa gyaa malik saab, i must have done it more then Mark Twain, par kya karoon choote hai nahee bhai...

neels
January 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Bhai Pradeep, main to tere se bhai agee nikal ayee. On new year eve i decided i will not smoke. But I had three ciggs. left in the packet by 11.59 on 31 dec 2006.

are neelam ji, prashant bhai, ritu ji, keshav bhai theree dhoraa koi ilajj ho to batoo, By the way i am firm on my other new year resolution to get up before 8 am in the morning....pichlee sal to 11 bajee se pahlee neend hi nahee kolti this (unless there is an appointment in the morning)

rakesh ji, ilaaz to aapki will power hi hai.... cigg. se na to loneliness or sadness kam hoti hai, aur na hi koi khushi mein izaaafa hota hai.... so it depends on the person how much self control he may pose.:)

sunitahooda
January 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM
As i feel that my life is taking a 'U' TURN i believe my resolution is to....
1. Put life forward after this U TURN and move with TOP GEAR
2. Be helping as ever but TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PERSON TO HELP
3. Be a Social Worker no matter which part of Globe i put up
4. To SHOP LESS....LOT LESS THAN I DO NOW:)

rakeshdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Neelam Ji...sachhh batoon to I fully agree with what u have said " willpower is everything" and I am sure most of the ppl know the harmful consequences of smoking....may be this is the reason why i resolve to quit smoking evert noe and then and am sure i will succeed one day. lets seeeeeeeeeee

rakesh ji, ilaaz to aapki will power hi hai.... cigg. se na to loneliness or sadness kam hoti hai, aur na hi koi khushi mein izaaafa hota hai.... so it depends on the person how much self control he may pose.:)

navingulia
January 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Bhai Rakesh, You will be able to leave smoking when you want to leave it badly enough.
One can do any thing in life, only criteria is 'how badly you want to do it?'.
There are no 'easy pill' ways.
This is how i look at it, you may differ though.
Regards
Navin Gulia

ritu
January 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM
. Be helping as ever but TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PERSON TO HE
sunita bebe meri bhi kati bhinn ki bhinn is baat tahi

poonam
January 6th, 2007, 02:26 AM
My resolution:
To do away with the resolution business and do our job!!..:D

rraajjeevv
January 6th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Okay folks, if you have not made any new year resolutions you still have a number of opportunities when you can make one. Instead of using the Gregorian calendar why not try the other calendars in use such as Kaliyuga calendar;Buddha Nirvana calendar; Bikram Samvat calendar; Saka calendar;Vedanga Jyotisa calendar;Bengali calendar;Kolla Varsham calendar.

For your reference the Gregorian year 2000 AD corresponds, respectively with:

1. Year 5101 in the Kaliyuga calendar;
2. Year 2544 in the Buddha Nirvana calendar;
3. Year 2057 in the Bikram Samvat calendar;
4. Year 1922 in the Saka calendar;
5. Year 1921 (shown in terms of 5-yearly cycles) of the Vedanga Jyotisa calendar;
6. Year 1407 in the Bengali calendar;
7. Year 1176 in the Kolla Varsham calendar.

rraajjeevv
January 6th, 2007, 03:24 AM
the best way to quit smoke is, stick to CIGGAR!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :D
or smoke the exhaust of 2-stroke bikes!!! :p
-
-
Smoking is gross & stinky!!!!:mad:
Sec hand smoke kills!! :eek:
so plzzzzzzzzzz! stop polluting enviorment and fellow people's life!:)

chao...
I think you do not know who Mark Twain is. What i wrote was meant to be a pun and should not be taken literally.

rockyjat
January 6th, 2007, 06:22 AM
rajiv uncle
never mind
I know Twain and his quote
well my reply was more in general :) :)
was actually for all the smokers who polluting the enviorment :rolleyes:

chao..

I think you do not know who Mark Twain is. What i wrote was meant to be a pun and should not be taken literally.

delhione
January 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM
guys !!!!! are you people talking about this year`s resolutions or the next year.... i mean the 2008. .....[be thankful to life ,for not giving you ,what actually you deserve...]

rraajjeevv
January 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM
rajiv uncle
never mind
I know Twain and his quote
well my reply was more in general :) :)
was actually for all the smokers who polluting the enviorment :rolleyes:

chao..

In fact people who use cars pollute the environment more.

The name is Rajeev and not Rajiv. and it's ciao and not chao.:)

rockyjat
January 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM
thank you Rajeev uncle for the correction!!!
but I believe 'chao' & 'ciao' are 2 diffrent words :)
chao is a chinese word to denote bye, i think.

ya! you're right cars and all the veichle pollute except cycle :p
I heard scintist are devloping hydro-veichle, which will run on water
and will be totally pollution free!

chao...

In fact people who use cars pollute the environment more.

The name is Rajeev and not Rajiv. and it's ciao and not chao.:)

neels
January 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM

chao...

Dear Kunnu, learning is a lifelong process, aur aap to abhi bahut chhote hain, so shud alws be open to corrections and learning right things.
For your reference , I m adding two links of Ciao and Chao, rest you ll get to know yourself as you are a smart boy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciao
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Chao

Cheers !!!:)

lalit9ahlawat
January 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
[quote=ritu;126967]hmm new year has already started and most of us make new yr resolutions and try to achieve them.
1will go to Bar once a week
2learn how to make more G/f
3think before speaking in english
4Try to take bath once in a month
these r mine ..what about yrs .share them here then there will be chances u might follow them:) [/quote ]

dahiyarules
January 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Just broke mine with a bagle loaded with cream cheese and jelly. He He He.

Just enjoy the little things in life, people. Trust me, theres nothing like demolishing a box of donuts in front of a diabetic. :D :)

rraajjeevv
January 8th, 2007, 01:22 AM
chao...
I presume you mean Mandarin.

Actually 'Chao' was the code word used by the intelligence community for CHairman mAO. :)

Best wishes for 2007. May all your new year resolutions come true.

amitchhikara
January 8th, 2007, 05:04 AM
My resolutions:

1) Give my GMAT and start my MBA
2) Getup and run in the morning ( failed at this entire 2006).
3) Go to the temple atleast once a month
3) Travel more this year
4) Last but not least enjoy life everyday to the fullest

dolly2003
January 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Every single day that dawns, heralds the first day of rest of one’s life. So why wait for a specific day to make resolution? Why measure life by a few days when each day presents infinite possibilities? If the idea is to make improvements in one’s life and contribute to those of others, then scope for it lies in every moment.

---lose weight, quite smoking, spend more time with family, be penny wise, donate to a good cause---it remains pretty much the same year after year. The point is, none of them need wait that long. Leading a healthier lifestyle, fiscal prudence, connecting with loved ones are acts that do not need to planned and timed like a space mission is.
They are linked to one’s everyday existence and need everyday efforts. Most people who make grand, yearly resolves admit that they are promptly broken- with same regularity that marked the making.

downtoearth
January 8th, 2007, 07:14 PM
What is it that I need more and why do I need it ?

i have sm dead questions,,,sm dead ideas,,, sm dead moments ...i need to take a start frm dead things... dont know whether i`ll b successful but atleast i`ll b answerable to myself.......

spdeshwal
January 9th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Re Baawalobooch! ke Dead ..Dead ... Dead la rakhi se?

Kyon Gade Murde Ukhadne ko Uttaaru ho rya se!

Nai Nai Saadi ... Naya Saal, kime naya soch aur Naya Plan Kar..

Kaamyabi Jarur millegi! Arr ibke aapni Gaadli ne tame pe tyar kar liye rally tahni

Cheers!

ritu
January 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
kati sachi kahi uncle ji me bhi nue kahn ali thi

Kaamyabi Jarur millegi! Arr ibke aapni Gaadli ne tame pe tyar kar liye rally tahni

Cheers!

rajeshrathee
January 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Cheers!

Same from me also

sunnysangwan
January 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM
What is it that I need more and why do I need it ?

i have sm dead questions,,,sm dead ideas,,, sm dead moments ...i need to take a start frm dead things... dont know whether i`ll b successful but atleast i`ll b answerable to myself.......

Haan re Ruppi, philosophical baat kargya mere yaar. But I like the idea of giving rebirths of dead ideas. I believe everybody has some ideas inside them which they'd love to see take form. now most of these ideas have been there for so long that they're more or less dead by now, and hence the idea of "Rebirth of dead ideas". I like it man!

Sangwan

Sangwan

priyadelhi
January 9th, 2007, 10:01 PM
My first new year resolution is to learn driving ( giving it another shot as i've already quit once after trying) , well this is the first one n the rest will keep coming as the year passes as its not necessary to make all the resolutions on the first day.
Next one will b most probably to learn guitar... i think i shud act slow n steady to make sure that i fulfill the commitments made to myself.

As i have seen a lot of discussion happening on smoking here, so i wud like to add a small but very meaningful msg ...rest all is on the smokers,

One positive thing about smoking : It makes u loose weight, one lung at a time.

So act quickly , this one line says it all.

take care n keep posting :)

amandahiya
January 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM
The book of life has two sides: one which we write with our plans, hopes and wishes and work toward making them true with all our efforts.....but destiny writes on the other side, and what it ordains is seldom our goal.

Attack life, its going to kill u anywayz.

Your signature says everything........recently I experienced the same.......

Resolution can be make any day.. any hour... any minutes and any second....... dont wait to make resolution for next new year.............

vkaschaudhary
January 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Daily a resolution....!!

cooljat
January 12th, 2007, 11:06 PM
My new year resolutions

1) will resume my Taekwondo drill shedule.
2) will be more regular in Yoga sessions
3) will concentrate more on my offline life then online ;)
4) will reduce my wanderer activities.
5) will try best to reduce my frequent visits to Jatland.

thats it! baaki to waise hi mein jamma sudda-manas hoon :rolleyes: :Cool:

Rock on!...
Jit

cooljat
January 12th, 2007, 11:29 PM
U play guitar...hummm intrestin' ....which style rhytem or lead?? n which type : achoustic or electric, 6 string or 12 string or bass 4 string??

nyways, Im guitar crazy n luv rock music what about u??

rock on
Jit

Every now and then we make resolutions, but yea new year is a special time to bring them into action more seriously. I think
1. Resume my guitar practise
2. Complete soon the pending research papers
3. Start working on my most ambitious project(till now)
4. Rest in general like always, not to harm anyone, to be good and honest on my own part, try to bring a smile on every face :) .

priti
January 13th, 2007, 01:28 AM
I will finish my phd and never touch any other course again :D ...get back to normal life...and be more active on jatland!

rraajjeevv
January 13th, 2007, 02:42 AM
I will finish my phd and never touch any other course again :D ...get back to normal life...and be more active on jatland!
Easier said than done. But,
"After all ... tomorrow is another day." :)

neels
January 13th, 2007, 10:00 AM
U play guitar...hummm intrestin' ....which style rhytem or lead?? n which type : achoustic or electric, 6 string or 12 string or bass 4 string??

nyways, Im guitar crazy n luv rock music what about u??

rock on
Jit

I' m learning to play guitar, not an efficient player yet. This was a chidhood dream which I m realizing now. Well its an achoustic, rhythmic, spanish guitar wid 6 strings... if learn well then ll shift to electric one. I like music bands, bt it was more for intrinsic joy.
I ve been to Jaipur a few times, and I love the city for its historic structures.

rockyjat
January 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM
hello auntie

wow! u play guitar :) thats greaaaat!!

I am also very fond of music and I'm learning to play Harmonica, Flute & Violin...I will take Guitar classes as well!!!!!!!

keep practicing...

ciao

I' m learning to play guitar, not an efficient player yet. This was a chidhood dream which I m realizing now. Well its an achoustic, rhythmic, spanish guitar wid 6 strings... if learn well then ll shift to electric one. I like music bands, bt it was more for intrinsic joy.
I ve been to Jaipur a few times, and I love the city for its historic structures.