PDA

View Full Version : Any free IP to Phone service?

satyeshwar
January 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I need a service such that someone in India can call my cell-phone from their computer. If it was free, that would be awesome, but I am even willing to pay for this service. I know that Skype, Yahoo, MSN messengers all have this but have never tested it myself. Can anyone tell me how is the quality if you are calling from a 256 Kbps connection from India? Is there a service that I can try first for free and if I like it, then buy it?
Thanks!

rohittewatia
January 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Try first voipstunt, then skype. voipstunt is free fr europe as well as states. hope u find it.

dahiyarules
January 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I try Skype. I think it is 15 dollars for the entire year of you buy it before 31st January.

It comes with unlimited outgoing.

For 30 dollars a year, you also get a phone number. This comes with unlimited incoming .

You can get a number for your friend or relative in India. They can log in with their ID. Then, if you dial the number from your US cell phone they receive it through their skype in India. I have tried this service before. It definitely is a bang for a buck

Also, check out the VOIP phones on the skype stores.

satyeshwar
January 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks, I will try both!

keshavdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks, I will try both!
dear satte...download VOIP STUNT from www.voipstunt.com and then load it with some 10 $ or 25 $ and recive calls on yr cell or land line for free from any corner of the globe...:)

ashokkhatri
January 5th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Ok , not many of you may know this but I have tried this and it has been working for me for 1 year

Take Vonage or SunRocket service. www.vonage.com or www.sunrocket.com

Then when you recieve the gizmo box/ phone adapter , take it to India , get a broadband or DSL connection there and attach the gizmobox/ phone adapter to the modem and then attach any phone instrument. There you go you have a phone in India which has a US number so you /your family can call each other as if it were a local call.

for sunrocket it is 200$ per year , 3 months free. Keep checking for deals as they sometimes come upi with deals for free up to one additional year.

The best thing about this whole set up is no need of computer to be present /login etc at any place. Its phone to phone.

Cheers and good luck
Ashok

devdagar
January 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Here is quick solution for u
1. Buy LinkSys PAP2-NA ATA.(it cost you around 60$ us)
2. Buy one of the VOIP service provider service (usually they charge 2$ for ph no of your choice area code)
3. You need a 56 kbps or above internet connection.
...it will work..
I have same service @ my home.
let me know if you need more information.
Dagar

delhione
January 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks, I will try both!

once a sardar ji was standing in the middle of his field with his hands outstretched. after sometime people in the neighbouring fields started asking him that why is he standing in such skin scroching heat there. sardar replied that he is trying to win a noble prize.... shocked to know this the neighbours asked him. how ??.. sardar replied that he read it in a newspaper that `they give noble prize only to the people who are OUTSTANDING IN THEIR FIELD`.