PDA

View Full Version : apnee Veeru Sehwag - is he going thru a bad form?

rakeshdahiya
January 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Dear All,

Recently there has been a lot of talk abt sehwags so called poor form in cricket.

I personally feel that everything is fine with him. I like his aggresive, non-nonsense attitude. If u can score 40-50 quick runs in 10-15 Overs (in test cricket) and 7-8 overs in One day cricket then I think its perfectly fine, knowing very well that centuries and half Centuries does matter for academic (statistic) part of it.

But remember if he start firring then he can be the most devastating batsman in the world. I always enjoy his stay on the crease regardless of its duration.

What do u say, should he compromise his natural game as a hard hitting batsman and become a more co called subdued player?

yudhvirmor
January 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM
[quote=rakeshdahiya;127261]Dear All,

Recently there has been a lot of talk abt sehwags so called poor form in cricket.

Bhai woh toh aaj fer saste main challa gaya out ho kee

Kee karen iss dushman kaa, badiya kona laga team bina jattan.

Ashish Nehra bhi naa khel raha aaj kal

raj2rif
January 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Dear All,

What do u say, should he compromise his natural game as a hard hitting batsman and become a more co called subdued player?

There are two aspects of the game. One is technique and other is eye hand coordination. Sehwag's game is essentially on eye hand coordination. He sees the ball early and hence has a little extra time to play the ball then most others. That is what makes him specialy. The problem is that eye hand coordination works best with the physical fitness. A little extra pound here and there can make the difference, and that is probably what has happened to him.

Having played at that level for such a long time, itself gives a batsman enough confidence to counter crisis situations. I personally feel, that Sehwag is caught up between playing his natural game and staying on the crease. With that doubt in mind he is probably doing neither of it.

I would be very surprised if he maintains his place in the team on his current performance. The good thing is that there is not enough competition for this position. He definitely needs to work hard to improve a bit on his technique while working extremely hard on his physical fitness. May be he should give up a little on this advertising, which in any case would vanish moment he is out of the team.

In the crunch situations one has to play very carefully to the requirements of the team. I feel he has failed on that front time and again. He is loosing favor with the masses (except the Jat community may be) and will loose favor with selectors as well unless he can turn it around.

Good luck to him.

rakeshdahiya
January 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Dear Col Sahab,

U seems to be an avid cricket fan. So am I. I fully agee with ur explanation. But would like to add that .....I feel e is just going thru a bad phase in his carrer. these ups and down keep coming in the life of a professional. I am sure he will adjust soon and come out as a better and stronger player.

Lets hope for the best. I hope he will regain support from masses besides of course jats.

There are two aspects of the game. One is technique and other is eye hand coordination. Sehwag's game is essentially on eye hand coordination. He sees the ball early and hence has a little extra time to play the ball then most others. That is what makes him specialy. The problem is that eye hand coordination works best with the physical fitness. A little extra pound here and there can make the difference, and that is probably what has happened to him.

Having played at that level for such a long time, itself gives a batsman enough confidence to counter crisis situations. I personally feel, that Sehwag is caught up between playing his natural game and staying on the crease. With that doubt in mind he is probably doing neither of it.

I would be very surprised if he maintains his place in the team on his current performance. The good thing is that there is not enough competition for this position. He definitely needs to work hard to improve a bit on his technique while working extremely hard on his physical fitness. May be he should give up a little on this advertising, which in any case would vanish moment he is out of the team.

In the crunch situations one has to play very carefully to the requirements of the team. I feel he has failed on that front time and again. He is loosing favor with the masses (except the Jat community may be) and will loose favor with selectors as well unless he can turn it around.

Good luck to him.

shailendra
January 8th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Well, the result for the test matches is also out now and it does not take a rocket scientist to sit and figure out especially how our Veeru Bhaiyya has done!!!
A load of crap all over the test pictch's is what he did! :mad:

He was to me the biggest dissapointment of all; appearing to always have the attitude to hit a few boundaries but never the kind of application to give our side a solid contribution with the bat.

I have rarely seen a man as talented as Sehwag behave as poorly as he did in this series.
His strokes in both the innings of this final Test alone was a huge let-down for the team.
In the first, he swept against the spin of a left-arm spinner bowling into the rough (and obvisouly getting some spin) and in the second he chased a hugely wide delivery with the innings only just a few balls old!!! :confused:

Forget about pampering him; enough is enough!

deepakchoudhry
January 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Bhai Log,

Jab say Nawab of Najafgarh ka Bayah hua hai....Tab say hi bad form chal rahi hai. :)

Ab toh Baal (Hair) bhi girnay lage hai...Agay Agay dekho hota hai kya.:D

Deepak

nidhijakhar
January 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Certainly the guy in in terrible state..I m one who believes that he needs to be grounded..India is teeming with talents, especially cricketing and there should be no place for non-performers..He has been given ample chances and got his skin saved by his coach and the captain yet Veeru plays the same suicidal shots and prefers to get off the crease..even in tests he plays with sheer recklessness..
They guy needs to improvise and he needs to be rested so that he re-thinks and not take his place as easy..being removed from vice-captaincy hasnt made him think...no player is indispensible in the larger interests of the team, I say, not even Tendulkar.. as there are hungry ones like Kartikh waiting to grab the slots..

So Veeru time to say adieu if u continue with ur reckless ways!

anshumalik
January 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I think its high time and team management needs to review situation.
Veeru has been out of form for quiet some time now and I think a
stint at domestic level would give him time and oppurtunity to regain
the lost touch. As is evident in Ganguli's case that a little reprimand
can lead to some soul stirring and a very impressive comeback with
lot of grit and determination.

Thode din ke liye Sehwag ko uski Maa ke pass bhej do taki maa ke hath
ki kheer kha ke aur thodi practice ker ke World Cup tak wapas apni natural
form mein wapas aa jaye................

samranwa
January 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
naaa sir, how can you say that,
recently I watched Cricket Crazy on star sports
vo to ye kehte hein ki jabse sehwag ke baal udne lag gaye
tabse uski form bhi udd gayi hai ;) :p LOL LOL

vaise ish time uska bad luck worst chal reha hai lekin uska time vapas aayega, I believe!!!

regards
sam

Bhai Log,

Jab say Nawab of Najafgarh ka Bayah hua hai....Tab say hi bad form chal rahi hai. :)

Ab toh Baal (Hair) bhi girnay lage hai...Agay Agay dekho hota hai kya.:D

Deepak

rakeshdahiya
January 10th, 2007, 03:42 PM
sehwag shd not be praised just because he is a jat......but even if i would have not been a jat..i would have supported him....he just need to be a little bit cautions and a bit selfish also in occupying the crease for his own gains as well......

rakeshdahiya
January 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
samiksha wakiyeee main uske bad luck KHARAB chal raha hia.....i agreee uska time wipass jaroor ayeega..........but as some members have mentione above, he need a small shock treatment from the management...but just think for a minute on this angle also.....can he afford to be so reckless without some sort of approval from the management i.e. the coach and the captain.

I think he has been asked by the mgmt only to play his natural game...which is to hit as hard as u can.....what do u say

chhillar
January 12th, 2007, 03:44 AM
I don't really think he is going through a bad time now, I'd say he has gone through good times earlier

vijay
January 12th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I don't really think he is going through a bad time now, I'd say he has gone through good times earlier

Amit Bhai,

Lets see that what's future holding for him and what he holds for Men in Blue.

My intuitions : he will be back with a bang.

yudhvirmor
January 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM

Chillar sahab ladke ne fir century laga di hai Ranji main,

Yoh toh mere ko world cup khelta dikh raha hai, Iska future kuch kuch Afridi jaisa lag raha hai.

Woh India ke against chalta hai, Veeru Bhai Pakistan ke against score karte hain.

itsnavin
January 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sehwag left out of ODI squad...that's what I was expecting since long.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvwi/content/current/story/276198.html

Infact, he must not be appointed but it's a chance to perform in domestic cricket and practice more in weak areas. Perform and make a comeback!!

chhillar
January 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Amit Bhai,

Problem with having intuitions is that once you have an intuition all you look for are the things that will support your intuition and ignore everything else.

rakeshdahiya
January 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Chillar saab....i believe in gut feel rathen then intutions (knowing very well sometime gut feel can be closely related to intutions) My gut feel says Sehwag will be back with a bang.....the same reflects in nthe responses to Col Tavetis responses to his Team Indian for World Cup 2007....where most have included Sehwag in the playing 11.

Problem with having intuitions is that once you have an intuition all you look for are the things that will support your intuition and ignore everything else.

vijay
January 21st, 2007, 05:42 AM

Amit bhai, yes i believe on my intuition as they never went wrong so far but i am practical as well. My intuitions are practical but not far fetched. :)

bajwajatt
January 21st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Amit Bhai,

vijay ji its it not a big problen.he will be back

sjakhars
January 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Its going to be very tough for Sehwag to make a come back this time. Ganguly is back with great performance, Gambhir played well, Yuvraj is still waiting, Sachin is batting at no. 3. Where do you think Sehwag will be playing?
He has to show really good performance.