PDA

View Full Version : Good Cop

rakeshdahiya
January 10th, 2007, 11:00 AM
While browsing indiatimes.com i came across this news on M S Dhoni, when recently Dhoni was stoped in Ranchi, by a police constable on traffic duty beacuse he was driving a car with dark black tinted galsses. The constable was ofcourse happy and excited to see Dohni behind the wheels. Dhoni told him that he has to move around with dark glasses to avoid being ambushed by fans ( we can surely understand that).

But the constable greeting him by shaking hands with him still insisted and explained to him that as per rules what he has done is illegal and therefore he has to pay a fine of Rs 900, which Dhoni did.

I am really impressed by the actions of this policeman and thus thought of sahring this with all of you.....those who have not read by the incident.

So we have good cops too....though limited in numbers.

priyanka03
January 10th, 2007, 11:30 AM
never trust Indian desi media

meenu_singhch
January 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Fer to Dhoni ne uske autograph lene chahiye the...:)

I also read that news today morning.But news like this are very very few instead whole newspaper is full of the news which force us to thhink us where is law and security.
I have just stopped reading newspaper after coming from Bangalore i just go through front page headline... :rolleyes:
I am not saying Blore is very much safe but that is in a far better situation.

MKadwa
January 10th, 2007, 11:46 AM

How can you say that?

Why souldn't we trsut on desi media?

Could you please put some light on the issue?

rakeshdahiya
January 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Priyanka Ji....I believe Indiatimes.com (Times of India group) is a well reputed and trusted publishing name in India. May be u wanted to say something else......

pnauhwar21
January 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Sochne wali baat ye hai ki indiatimes ko ye news di kisne.. the good cop or dhoni himself?

rraajjeevv
January 11th, 2007, 02:15 AM
All the famous personalities have public relation officers/ media advisors workign for them. The Public relation Officers have their contacts in the media. They are the ones who feed the media with positive spin to keep their clients in the news.

It is in fact possible to buy editorial space in the Indian newspapers, forget about a small item here and there.

rakeshdahiya
January 11th, 2007, 06:08 AM
bhai parshant.......katiii sochanee wali batt hai...good food for thoughts...I think Dhoni nee hi de hogeee kunki jharkhandmain ek contable to media tak assani se nahi pahunch sakta...... ya yee bhi ho saktaaa hai ki contable ne apnee boss ko batyaa ho or usne impress ho ke SP sabb ko. Police top brass mush have thought....hum bhai thodeee publicity kammee latee hain and hence the leak to the media...or bhai kai ossibilitiesho sakteee hain.....:)

Sochne wali baat ye hai ki indiatimes ko ye news di kisne.. the good cop or dhoni himself?

rraajjeevv
January 11th, 2007, 06:30 AM
bhai parshant.......katiii sochanee wali batt hai...good food for thoughts...I think Dhoni nee hi de hogeee kunki jharkhandmain ek contable to media tak assani se nahi pahunch sakta...... ya yee bhi ho saktaaa hai ki contable ne apnee boss ko batyaa ho or usne impress ho ke SP sabb ko. Police top brass mush have thought....hum bhai thodeee publicity kammee latee hain and hence the leak to the media...or bhai kai ossibilitiesho sakteee hain.....:)
Rakesh,
The IndiaTimes group is is more of a commercially driven money making enterprise than a newspaper.
For example on average more than 50% of the content in the supplement called Delhi Times is paid for. It should not be taken seriously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Times
Here are a few links on the IndiaTimes controversy on the selling of editorial space. This side of the Times' business is handled by an arm of the gropu called Medianet
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=indiatime+buy+editorial+space&hl=en&lr=&start=10&sa=N

pnauhwar21
January 11th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Good info Rajeev..now I know how to come in Page 3 :) I know one PR firm called 'Perfect Relations' in delhi..they told about similar stuff when I had planned to join them during my college days..they had lot of political parties as their clients and their job was to get news printed for their clients in leading newspapers..

Though in this case, if Dhoni's PR firm gave the news then it turned back on dhoni as the Cop came out to be sincere and honest while dhoni tried to break laws..or maybe its reverse publicity :)

chhillar
January 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Never trust Indian desi media...In fact I wrote that without realizing that I inadvertently used Priyanka's (my wife) credentials to post that comment as she was already logged in...

Anyways, I have direct experiences with desi media so I know what I am talking about. Be it Zee news, aaj tak or TOI ye saare note kootan ki dookan jyada hein arr news agency ghaat hein...

All the famous personalities have public relation officers/ media advisors workign for them. The Public relation Officers have their contacts in the media. They are the ones who feed the media with positive spin to keep their clients in the news.

It is in fact possible to buy editorial space in the Indian newspapers, forget about a small item here and there.

dahiyarules
January 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I Miss Delhi times last page. :( :(

Afterall it is the only source of inspiration for millions of ***-starved teens in Delhi and its suburbs. :D :D

itsnavin
January 11th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Ha! ha!!
here it goes...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/The_cop_who_fined_Dhoni_gets_a_transfer/articleshow/1140627.cms

I think from now onwards it wouldn't be wise to comment on incidents like this...just relax!

chhillar
January 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Priyanka Ji....I believe Indiatimes.com (Times of India group) is a well reputed and trusted publishing name in India. May be u wanted to say something else......

Dahiya saab, Indiatimes.com is a masala website...it opens at least 10 pop up windows with it which is so annoying. Be it TOI, HT, IE all of them have political affiliations and highly biased.

rsdalal
January 12th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Yes never trust media, specially Desi one. Most of them just make Masala news.

Do you remember sometime back all the media was printing about that NASA topper student from UP villege. Even BBC for that matter posted the news without any verification.

Do you still have any credibility for desi media ?

How can you say that?

Why souldn't we trsut on desi media?

Could you please put some light on the issue?

pnauhwar21
January 12th, 2007, 05:52 AM
In spite of all the credibility questions being raised, hasn't this news turned out to be actually true, especially with the second news of cop being transferred for doing his duty :confused: Not sure, how this is adding to the good publicity of Dhoni if this is the handiwork of his PR firm or maybe it just proves how our governments can bend rules for personalities who are earning lots of money by playing for themselves and getting a special status for no good reason. Kaash, maa-baap ne padhaya-likhaya na hota to aaj hum bhi famous personality hote :rolleyes:

As for credibility, even foreign media is in same waters. Media has become a very big business model and they try to spice up the paper with news like this. Nothing wrong I guess, aisi khabren padh ke timepass hota hai nahi to wohi basi politicians ki harkaten aur hamare desh ka haal..

rakeshdahiya
January 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Chillar Saab,

sorry for this late reply

I am with you when you say that people use Media to gain publicity...but as far as Indiatimes is concerned, I know its a masala site but at the same time it also publish exactly what is published in its newspaper- The Times of India (TOI).

TOI, is a respected name in print media due to its mass circulation. Anyways while browsing i just found this news and thought of sahring this will other Jat Landers because ajj kall imandar police wale kahan miltee hain.

But having said, as a second thought what is coming into my mind is that who has leaked this to media (as prashant asked above). If Dhoni did....why would he do so.....because it was his mistake and he was humbled by a constable. and In the police man did...the i wonder...how could he reach the media...being a ordinary constable.....

Dahiya saab, Indiatimes.com is a masala website...it opens at least 10 pop up windows with it which is so annoying. Be it TOI, HT, IE all of them have political affiliations and highly biased.

rakeshdahiya
January 19th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Bhai prashant......if the news of the news of cop being transferred for doing his duty is true then I am not surprised...may be i was expecting it.....may be somebody more powerful (who can transfer a constable) got a chance to get into the good books of Dhoni....if he was not already there.....:D ;)

In spite of all the credibility questions being raised, hasn't this news turned out to be actually true, especially with the second news of cop being transferred for doing his duty :confused: Not sure, how this is adding to the good publicity of Dhoni if this is the handiwork of his PR firm or maybe it just proves how our governments can bend rules for personalities who are earning lots of money by playing for themselves and getting a special status for no good reason. Kaash, maa-baap ne padhaya-likhaya na hota to aaj hum bhi famous personality hote :rolleyes:

As for credibility, even foreign media is in same waters. Media has become a very big business model and they try to spice up the paper with news like this. Nothing wrong I guess, aisi khabren padh ke timepass hota hai nahi to wohi basi politicians ki harkaten aur hamare desh ka haal..