PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sakrat!!

priti
January 13th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I'm waiting for my seethas :) .....Happy Sakrat people...On this day Bura-chawal and halwa are prepared at home. I think it has parallels with Lohdi as celebration of crops??

keshavdahiya
January 13th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'm waiting for my seethas :) .....Happy Sakrat people...On this day Bura-chawal and halwa are prepared at home. I think it has parallels with Lohdi as celebration of crops??

Priti bebey..merri bhi katti bhiinn ki bhiinn.....

hapy sankraat to all.....khub khao khuub khuush raho...beacause there is no end to life and there is no end to happiness...its just the matter of your attitude towards life..:)

cooljat
January 13th, 2007, 07:37 AM
happy makar sakranti & lohri to all the jatlanders!
njoy!!!

Rock on
Jit

neels
January 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Happy Makar Sankranti to all.

dolly2003
January 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
It is that time of the year when we discard old things and start afresh. So let us all start this year on a new note; with a fresh mind and an enhanced zest for life.
The brilliance of the sun can sometimes be fun. From this festive day onwards the
sun with respect to the earth starts moving towards north signaling the
oncoming of Summer.
Let’s get our spirits soaring with the flying kites
and
Welcome the sunny days ahead…..!!:):)

May the blessed occasion of MAKAR SANKRANTI usher in an era of abounding prosperity and well being of all of you here and your families.

trueblueindian
January 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM
It is that time of the year when we discard old things and start afresh. So let us all start this year on a new note; with a fresh mind and an enhanced zest for life.
The brilliance of the sun can sometimes be fun. From this festive day onwards the
sun with respect to the earth starts moving towards north signaling the
oncoming of Summer.
Let’s get our spirits soaring with the flying kites
and
Welcome the sunny days ahead…..!!:):)

May the blessed occasion of MAKAR SANKRANTI usher in an era of abounding prosperity and well being of all of you here and your families.

Merri bhi bhinnn ki bhinnnn........

god bless all and very special wishes for all jijji's / bebey's..... mauj mei raho .... god bless u all:)

samranwa
January 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM
happy sakranti to Jatland :)

regards
sam

desijat
January 13th, 2007, 01:23 PM
aap sabhi ko makar sakranti ki shubhkamnaye

Hamare yahan par, yani ki gaon ke pass Yamuna bahti jahan mela lagta hai, door door se log nahane aate hai, though i am not fortunate yet to be a part of this gathering

Aur Khichdi banti hai:p

bahadur1
January 13th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Ram Ram to all Readers,

I would like to convey my best wishes on the festival of Lohari, Makar Sankranti and Pongal.

At Makar Sankranti in our village most of the ladies come to their parent/brother and celebrate this festival.

In the early morning everybody bath and there is zealous about bathing that who bath first. Not only younge but babies bath early in the morning. Around 4 a.m. they start bathing. Ladies cook Pua, Puri, Kachori, Choorma, Kheer etc. and we eat with joy.

Afternoon ladies gather outside the village and folk dances and songs are done by a number of ladies till the sunset which is very attractive. Some naughty guys see this dance by escaping becasue it is not allowed to males. I used to see in my time. For the male people outside the village there is a competition of long jump. A certain amount is being to the winner by the Sarpanch of the village.

Bahadur Sinsinwar

raj2rif
January 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hi All,
Wishing you all a very happy makar sankranti. We in US are having a Mela for children at various places where they are going to teach children about Makar Sankranti and Hindu Religion. There will also be some activities like "Kite Making" and "how to make Rangoli" for children. A prasad "Lunch" is also being served on this occassion. The entire effort is being done by "Hindu Sevak Sangh" called HSS of US.

I think it is a good effort. From today till 29th of January all members of HSS are having a drive to educate people about the benefits of Yoga. All of them have taken a pledge to do 13 Surya Namaskar daily. I guess it is a good effort.

trueblueindian
January 13th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Hi All,
Wishing you all a very happy makar sankranti. We in US are having a Mela for children at various places where they are going to teach children about Makar Sankranti and Hindu Religion. There will also be some activities like "Kite Making" and "how to make Rangoli" for children. A prasad "Lunch" is also being served on this occassion. The entire effort is being done by "Hindu Sevak Sangh" called HSS of US.

I think it is a good effort. From today till 29th of January all members of HSS are having a drive to educate people about the benefits of Yoga. All of them have taken a pledge to do 13 Surya Namaskar daily. I guess it is a good effort.

Indeed it's a good effort col. saaab:)

kharub
January 13th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Happy Makar Sakranti to all you fellow Jatlanders and every Jat out there

koyalsindhu
January 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hi SAM,
you look like Katrina Kaif:p

A very very happy Sankranti to you all.

regards ,
Koyal

quote=samranwa;128181]happy sakranti to Jatland :)

regards
sam[/quote]

choudharyneelam
January 14th, 2007, 05:18 PM
MY BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL :)

Regards and love
Neelam

rockyjat
January 14th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Festival Greetings to Jatland :)
but I am missing 14 Jan very much.
I like kite flying and when I was in India Jit mamu gave me short training of kite flying.

Its kite festival out there and Im far away out here :(
next year I shall try to come India in my Xmas holidays & will enjoy Kites.

Happy 14 Jan :)

ciao

raj2rif
January 14th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Any one who knows the back ground of celebrating Makar Sankranti and why on this day.

rkumar
January 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Any one who knows the back ground of celebrating Makar Sankranti and why on this day.

http://www.vmission.org/hinduism/festivals/sankranti/

RK^2

raj2rif
January 17th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Dear RK Ji,
Thanks for the link.
The festival was celebrated at Ved Mandir in Milltown in central NJ. About 200 People attended. Many of our Jat Community people also participated in the activities mainly organized for children.
Making Kites, Rangoli and teaching ladies how to make designs with Mehndi, were few of the activites organized. A lunch was catered for by the members of HSS.
It was nice to see so many people taking time off and coming to this function.

Just One Question:

Since the festival is attached to the Sun's movement to the Northern Sphere, then should it not be that the right day to celebrate this festival would be on 22 December, rather than 14 of January.

Any one who can clarify that?e