PDA

View Full Version : Old Thread are now Auto-locked

ndahiya
January 15th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Hi

Old threads (where the latest post is older than 60 days) are now closed for posting. If you wish to refer to an older thread, paste the link to that thread in a new post...

Nitin

vinodks
January 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Nitin,
I have a request. Could we know logic behind it?
Also if possible could we have a poll to know public opinion.

-Vinod

ndahiya
January 16th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Nitin,
I have a request. Could we know logic behind it?
-Vinod

The test is 2 months from the latest post, not the earliest. If a topic has not been discussed for over 2 months, it often loses its context, and the original participants are no longer following it. If the topic is consistently pertinent, it will remain active/open. A similar policy is followed by many boards.

Nitin,
Also if possible could we have a poll to know public opinion.
-Vinod

It is a simple administrative decision, so there is no need for a poll.

Btw, if there is a really old thread that you just have to reply to, please let one of the mods know. They can unlock it for you. :)

vijay
January 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Nitin Sir,

I think 60 days is not a gud time to respond as sometimes we search and find a gud thread which needs attention again. In my personal views time limit must be at least one year to lock/close a thread.

sunitahooda
January 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Nitin....shouldn't it be implied to Current Affairs section only? Rest you must have reviewed the Consequences of implying it so it must be appropriate.

narenderkharb
January 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Nitin

I think you didn't think about history section at all.

Some times it takes months to gather evidence regarding some events and when one return with some evidences the thread may be locked.

One may find it difficult to relate to all arguments by quoting a link and History section can't have so many threads as current affair or general talk,So it will be better if this step is not applied to history section.

People are just ignorant about History oF Jats and there is a need to spread awareness about It ,We should encourage all people to know about it and hence any restriction or hinderance via copy right may be detrimental to our own interests.

deepshi
January 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM
ham te store me e jyada badey rhyaa karte!
old is gold:D

sunitahooda
January 16th, 2007, 05:16 PM
ISHTORE mai baddan tai koye na naatey...bas Jat arr Telli aalyan jjisey saudey kadh-kadh kai torture na kar saktey....;) arr mai to ibbe STORE mai paddi su
ham te store me e jyada badey rhyaa karte!
old is gold:D

VPannu
January 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
arr mai to ibbe STORE mai paddi su
Sunita, tu ke jaale todde sei store mein?:confused: :eek:
Arr sunn bat sirf Jat,Telli aali na hai......eeb to cycle ki ghanti bhi ghani e be baaj li..:p :rolleyes:
I think 60 days for last post is a little time.......but anyway its upto you mods :)

ndahiya
January 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Nitin

I think you didn't think about history section at all.

Some times it takes months to gather evidence regarding some events and when one return with some evidences the thread may be locked.

One may find it difficult to relate to all arguments by quoting a link and History section can't have so many threads as current affair or general talk,So it will be better if this step is not applied to history section.

People are just ignorant about History oF Jats and there is a need to spread awareness about It ,We should encourage all people to know about it and hence any restriction or hinderance via copy right may be detrimental to our own interests.

Narender, think you might be right on this. We'll exclude the history forum from the auto locking. I've also unlocked all history threads since June 2006.

We've also increased the time limit on the other forums to 90 days. Lets see if we need to change settings after 3 months...

disha06gill
January 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
i think only current affairs, general talk shoulod be included in this. in other section like history mauj masti and humour etc one might like to bring addition to the old stuff