PDA

View Full Version : Chappell slapped

rajeshrathee
January 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
India coach Greg Chappell was slapped by a cricket supporter, named Biranchi Maharana, at the Bhubaneswar airport on Monday.

The man who belongs to the Kalinga Sena, a local political outfit in Bhubaneswar, was unhappy with Chappell because of the non-inclusion of Orissa players in the Indian team.

The Orissa police has arrested the man.

What are your views on the incident?

manuraj
January 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
I am disagreed with the kind of act.

For a little popularity, these small time leaders let the shame come to our nation.

It is not Chappel only, who is responsible for all this act( of indian cricket disaster). Why shouldn't this slap find the real face in this total indian cricket tragedy??

This kind of act are a big shame for the nation.

--Manu.

VPannu
January 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
This kind of act are a big shame for the nation.
Why should we be ashamed?
Damien Martyn pushed aside Sharad Pawar on the stage, in a presentation ceremony, infront of thousand people but not even a single Australian was ashamed.In a way Chappell deserved this. Infact, Ganguly's comeback century-2 was a slap for Chappell in his face

rohittewatia
January 22nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Well deserved.

skybehindme
January 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
First of all give me the name of single orisa player who deserve to be in the Indian team and is out because of chapple? There is no one in orisa who deserve to be in the team then how can you do put such a demand?
2nd thing, we doesn’t play cricket to give reservation to every single state. We play it as ‘team India’ and not as 11 or 15 state team.
3rd thing, if some player has been dropped or not taken in the team, its not only because of chapple, but there are lot of other people involved it. So why blame only chapple for this?
4th and most important thing, lets come on Ganguly’s episode. The time when ganguly was dropped, he was in a bad phase of batting and was in the team only because he was caption. Such a bad form was not good for ganguly and for Indian cricket team. So chapple just suggest him to leave the captaincy and concentrate on batting. But, at that time ganguly has a feeling that he is above cricket and as he has made team India, he deserve to be Indian caption. But this is not the case. No player is above cricket and no body is above country. Chapple has not done any thing wrong. He just suggests what was god for team India at that time. But e-mail was leaked by cricket board and they make this as an issue because election of board president were very near. That time board president Jagmohan Dalmiya play the game and ask chairmen of selection board to put ganguly out so that he can show that he only cares about cricket and not about a player of his state. And ganguly was also aware of it and that’s why he oppose Jagmohan in CAB’s election. It was all politics and every body thought it was because of chapple. He has not done even a single wrong thing for Indian cricket.
And last but not the least, We are not Damin Martin. Our culture doesn’t allow us to hit chapple because one of ausiz has hit one Indian. We are not like them at all. And if we are, then why we make an issue of Martin-Pawar issue? And it is nothing but shame for the country. Every body should condemned this.

shailendra
January 23rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
…Amazing thread! Yeh ho kya gaya hai sab logo ko?

Does shameful acts like these (by deranged people) need to even be discussed for their merits? (next time khoob shanti sae sochna and imagine your own self walking out in some public place where an individual comes out and slaps you hard infront of everyone for something that you don’t even have anything to do with or have the first clue of….and then also try and imagine the follow up humiliation, rage and frustration that you would quite possibly go thru!)…
In fact I personally think that the bloody idiot should have been slapped and thrashed right back by Greg Chappell! (Do you realize that the Indian Coach probably does not even know the first thing about this 'Orissa' state other than maybe it's cricket pitch or stadium, or worse still even the first thing about how does the usual grass roots selection process of Ranji’s etc. take place?)

Dunia mein aise ulluon ki kami nahee! Abe Kaling Sena kae dhakkan, esmae kae karega Chappell? Usnae kae ude Bharat kae state’s ka reservation office khol rkahya sae kae???

I hope es Biranchi Maharana nae jail lae jaan paache, ude aache joot lage aer uskae baad pagal khaane bhej diya jaaye! (“Orissa ko koi khiladi nahee!”, aare baawli booch; Naanch nae jaane aangan tedha!… paudh ho kimmi to kuch kar kae dikhao, ude desh mein bhatere baithe sain balla liye team mein aan khatir!)

As for those who are quoting the Damien Martin/Sharad Pawar incident they should get their facts straight and know that the Australian captain and the other player involved had supposedly personally made the effort to call and aplologize to Mr. Pawar himself (and it was well published for anyone to read about)
…oh sure, I have absolutely no doubt the pology may have been prompted by the fear of backlash in the cricketing world for them but then the fact of the matter is that the apology still happened. Which can be more than said for shameful acts (like such) that are not only carried out by ‘pagal’ individuals but also seem to be then whole heartedly supported by other educated (and hopefully sane) individuals.
What kind of society are we folks planning to encourage; one where koi bhi kisi ko bhi rah chaltae thappad mar dega? Remember you shall reap what you sow, so be prepared to live in similar situations! Situations of which you do not have the brains to condone in the first place!

rajeshrathee
January 23rd, 2007, 02:21 AM
I am personally agree with you Manu Raj, Vikas & Shailendera.

I think that the incident may be a publicity stunt by a political aspirant. We should not support such incidents. You three has given a very good explanation.

Lets see what others have to quote?

ritu
January 23rd, 2007, 05:42 AM
Does shameful acts like these (by deranged people) need to even be discussed for their merits?
bilkul theek kahi shailender

rakeshdahiya
January 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I agree with u shalinder....es susree Biranchi Maharana ki achee tahark thokayee honee cahyeee or bad me is bawlee booch ne pagal khanee bhaj dena chiyaaa....but at the same time i am very sure somy body else is behind this....two things which sells well in INdia is Cricket and Bollywood....dono main se kissee ke sath jud jaoo, publicty free main mailageee......

…Amazing thread! Yeh ho kya gaya hai sab logo ko?

Does shameful acts like these (by deranged people) need to even be discussed for their merits? (next time khoob shanti sae sochna and imagine your own self walking out in some public place where an individual comes out and slaps you hard infront of everyone for something that you don’t even have anything to do with or have the first clue of….and then also try and imagine the follow up humiliation, rage and frustration that you would quite possibly go thru!)…
In fact I personally think that the bloody idiot should have been slapped and thrashed right back by Greg Chappell! (Do you realize that the Indian Coach probably does not even know the first thing about this 'Orissa' state other than maybe it's cricket pitch or stadium, or worse still even the first thing about how does the usual grass roots selection process of Ranji’s etc. take place?)

Dunia mein aise ulluon ki kami nahee! Abe Kaling Sena kae dhakkan, esmae kae karega Chappell? Usnae kae ude Bharat kae state’s ka reservation office khol rkahya sae kae???

I hope es Biranchi Maharana nae jail lae jaan paache, ude aache joot lage aer uskae baad pagal khaane bhej diya jaaye! (“Orissa ko koi khiladi nahee!”, aare baawli booch; Naanch nae jaane aangan tedha!… paudh ho kimmi to kuch kar kae dikhao, ude desh mein bhatere baithe sain balla liye team mein aan khatir!)

As for those who are quoting the Damien Martin/Sharad Pawar incident they should get their facts straight and know that the Australian captain and the other player involved had supposedly personally made the effort to call and aplologize to Mr. Pawar himself (and it was well published for anyone to read about)
…oh sure, I have absolutely no doubt the pology may have been prompted by the fear of backlash in the cricketing world for them but then the fact of the matter is that the apology still happened. Which can be more than said for shameful acts (like such) that are not only carried out by ‘pagal’ individuals but also seem to be then whole heartedly supported by other educated (and hopefully sane) individuals.
What kind of society are we folks planning to encourage; one where koi bhi kisi ko bhi rah chaltae thappad mar dega? Remember you shall reap what you sow, so be prepared to live in similar situations! Situations of which you do not have the brains to condone in the first place!

saharan21
January 23rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
he shoudnt be slapped as he is the coach oF the indian team and moreover a foreign one. in our country we considers guests as par with god.
moreover physical assualt is not justified on anyone no matter who the person is.
i fully condemned this act and want a strict action against the person WHO DID SUCH A SHAMEFULL ACT

REQUEST TO EDITORS CLOSED THIS THREAD
IT IS NOT WORTH TO DISCUSS

pnauhwar21
January 25th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I was searching for Chappells slap video but unfortunately couldn't find it..but rather got 2 interesting videos:

1) Chappell doing Bhangra : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-6mXh0p30 -- apne desi bhaiyon ne use nacha hi diya

2) Chappell's Notorious Underarm Delivery - Trevor chappell who is brother of Greg did an underarm delivery on last ball on the suggestion of his brother Greg Chappell who was captain of Australia team that time. This happened during 1981 World cup match so that New Zealand team doesnt have a chance to score 6 to win on last ball..I never knew about this one. Here is this final over coverage and commentary :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQRERykq5M

Can the cricket gurus of jatland inform if one-off underarm delivery is legal in the rules as of now?

amitchhikara
January 26th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Why should we be ashamed?
Damien Martyn pushed aside Sharad Pawar on the stage, in a presentation ceremony, infront of thousand people but not even a single Australian was ashamed.In a way Chappell deserved this. Infact, Ganguly's comeback century-2 was a slap for Chappell in his face

So u might not agree with his moves and his handling of the Indian team but that in no way entitles anybody of the street to just go and slap the guy. So if the Australians did something wrong means that you will pick a high profile white guy and slap him around to sort of get even?

How would u fee if someone didn't think you were doing your job correctly and decided u deserved a slap and came up to you and smacked you? They could use the same excuse that you deserved it.