PDA

View Full Version : window vista......

sudhakarsingh
February 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
:confused:

hi.
anyone used window's new edition vista......

:confused::confused::confused:

pmalhan
February 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Tried on of the beta releases an year ago..

Found it too slow and cumbersome for my p-111, 512 mb machine and uninstalled it

dahiyarules
February 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
You need a very high end computer to make the best out of Windows Vista:

Some recommendations:

64-Bit Processor

4 GB Ram

A graphics Card that supports Direct X 9

I got my hands on a copy of Windows Vista but decided not to install it because it would kill my system.

So, stick to older versions of Windows unless you plan to build a new machine.

trueblueindian
February 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM

Some recommendations:

64-Bit Processor

4 GB Ram

I got my hands on a copy of Windows Vista but decided not to install it because it would kill my system.

U rite sumit and the machine would cost one's pocket a lot

around a lac or so in india for a machine fully capable to use all resources of Window's vista

rakeshdahiya
February 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hi just wanted to add a few more to what sumit has mentioned above. Vista has 4 diff versions:

1. Vista-- Home basic
2. Vista - Home Premium
3. Vista - Business
4. Vista - Ultimate

And therefore the HW requiremenst differs from one version to another...

however I have been told is that you can load Vista (sorry...dont know which version he was refering to) on a P 4 2.4 and above with 512 MB RAM with 15 GB of free disk space.....but then you will not be able to use all the latest feature of Vista....and it will be just like using XP only......so dont upgrade immediately....but if ur planning to buy a new PC then it makes sense to upgrade because then u can go for higher HW cofig....

nimeshkhatri
April 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Hi
Thw new windows vista needs atleast 512 mb ram ...but the 1gb is recommended...
No use installing it on 512mb machine as u wont get the real benefits of vista and moreove rur pc wud slow down considerably....
the aero effect that is real thing in vista doesnt work as good on 512 mb
so better swtich to 1gb first
for more info logon to microsoft.com

nimeshkhatri
April 9th, 2007, 05:35 PM
another thing...
the 4gb thing is rubbish/....
i'm running it on 1gb system in infosys and working on a project too
its great with 1gb

yudhvirmor
April 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
another thing...
the 4gb thing is rubbish/....
1gb

it goes well with Core Duo Processor, I am using vista home premium with core duo processor and 1 GB memory, its just awesome.

Graphics are much better but not friendly with most of siebel and oracle applications.

It requires lots of patching to run other applications.

Cheers
Yudhvir Mor

neels
April 9th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I also used Vista on 1 GB RAM.. and duo processor...on my friends new HP machine...its absolutely fine.. no probs...It has some amazing additional features which makes working so easy n comfortable.

dahiyarules
April 10th, 2007, 11:12 AM
My requirements from a PC are: web surfing, watching and listening to musltimedia files, watching TV, Microsoft Office.

All this works really well with Windows XP. So, I have no plans of upgrading yet.

I think the best time to upgrade your PC is when it becomes too sluggish for new applications. And, when you upgrade your PC you can also upgrade to a new OS.

Do not forget that PC sales go up with every new Microsoft OS release. So, is it that you are trying to upgrade the PC or is it that you are trying to upgrade the OS. Be careful.

satyeshwar
April 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
I recommend purchasing an Intel Core 2 Duo processor if you are going to upgrade to Vista... (This has nothing to do with me working for Intel and trying to get the stock price to go up! :p)

misguidedyouth
April 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, on 945 motherboard, 2.8 dual core, 2gb ddr2 ram, 256mb ddr3 display card (GeForce7600GT), n using MS Office 2007, for last 2 months i don c any problem, some networking things r bit different,

misguidedyouth
April 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM

Some recommendations:

64-Bit Processor

4 GB Ram

sir 2 GB RAM is enough..... even if u wanna use some high end progs. like games.

n graphic card sud be DirectX 10 compaiable not 9