PDA

View Full Version : Lessons on Life

cooljat
February 9th, 2007, 05:33 PM
There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third insummer, and the youngest son in the fall.

When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describewhat they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no it was covered with green buds and full of promise.

The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life.

He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.

Moral:

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere through the difficult patches
and better times are sure to come some time or later

" Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams"

Rock on!
Jit

Samarkadian
February 9th, 2007, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=cooljat;131546][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

Great one! "Judgemental-Gene" work so heavily on us,Youhave brought a nice lesson.Thanks

rajeshrathee
February 9th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Jeet keep evolving with your creative stuff:D

neels
February 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
You cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.
Moral:
Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere through the difficult patches
and better times are sure to come some time or later

" Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams"

Rock on!
Jit

Very True...!
Thats why they say never be judgemental only from the first impression.

keshavdahiya
February 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM
nice thots as mentioned by all people....

and also nice try . . . check this link

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976898739

another one

http://amytang.blogspot.com/2006/05/dont-judge-life-by-one-difficult.html

and this was posted almost a year back in jan 2006

http://msblogged.blogspot.com/2006/01/reminiscences-n-expectancesthe-cycle.html

BUt i shud say that these are great thots....not denying the fact

people on this site also share similar thots

Rock On
Keshav

VPannu
February 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
another one
Rock On
Keshav
Dr.Keshav Dahiya, my univ needs a Plagiarism Officer as soon as possible.They would be grateful to you if could spare some time for them:p :D .Kyaa aapne kabhi Haryana Board ke exams mein bhi parchee pakdee thi:cool: :confused: .Jit, just putting up those hyperlinks would have saved a lot of space on website and energy of readers:p

cooljat
February 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
HaHaHaHaHa :D :D :D :D

reee deshwal uncle ke shaagrid ... I was expecting same from deshwal uncle but ish baar tu baazi maar gaya par koi naa :rolleyes:

waise for Jatland info I cant be that intel-lectual to write sucha bhaari stuff....but believe me clear-heartly I thought to share not to earn any appreciation :p

aap logo ko acha laga...muje acha laga :p :)

btw, Mr Dahiya....har koi net search mein itna maahir nahi hota....but kintu parantu Im really grateful to u that u diged all this for our sake! :D

I apreicate ur sweatin efforts!

keep it up!!!

Rock on!
Jit

nice thots as mentioned by all people....

and also nice try . . . check this link

another one

BUt i shud say that these are great thots....not denying the fact

people on this site also share similar thots

Rock On
Keshav

mansi1218
February 9th, 2007, 11:17 PM
great stuff handor bhai!!
I'll rem d moral of ur story..

monikadahiya
February 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
great stuff handor bhai!!
I'll rem d moral of ur story..

hahaha mansi..cudnt stop laughing at your comment!!anyhow, back to the topic...got this prolly n times in email..:p acchi khoj thi jit..keep it up!!!

choudharysaaab
February 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Good stuffs Jit !!!!!!

Well, Keshav has also done wonderful job by giving his precious time in finding some kind of similar stuffs to excel the moral story posted by Jit; alas, he could not find better story and ended up with the same three times. in other words it is quite enthusiastic and supportive for this story. His work is really helped us to know that how many people liked this story at different places to give some kind of good information to public. Which ultimately acknowledge the work of Jit. Well done !

keshavdahiya
February 10th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Good stuffs Jit !!!!!!

Well, Keshav has also done wonderful job by giving his precious time in finding some kind of similar stuffs :eek: to excel the moral story posted by Jit; alas, he could not find better story and ended up with the same three times. in other words it is quite enthusiastic and supportive for this story. His work is really helped us to know that how many people liked this story at different places to give some kind of good information to public. Which ultimately acknowledge the work of Jit. Well done !

you perceive things better than anyone >>> i wud rather say that you must be thinking lets show these jerks the right way...and then you are trying to prove that your doctrine is worthwhile then anyone here can even think of....eventually you landed up in commotion...which cud have passed easily.

and bring in more STUFFS....:confused:, BTW what was the "STUFFS" you were talking about.....or was it the LINK.....:p :D

never mind.....luck next time

pnauhwar21
February 10th, 2007, 04:07 AM
you perceive things better than anyone >>> i wud rather say that you must be thinking lets show these jerks the right way...and then you are trying to prove that your doctrine is worthwhile then anyone here can even think of....eventually you landed up in commotion...which cud have passed easily.

and bring in more STUFFS....:confused:, BTW what was the "STUFFS" you were talking about.....or was it the LINK.....:p :D

Just quoting you to make you understand how harmful your new signature is for yourself :D

But please don't quote me..I am happy the way I am :)

choudharysaaab
February 10th, 2007, 04:33 AM

ye kya ho gaya bhai...itna goossa?...Did I do something wrong?...sorry for that if i did. :)
STUFFS meant stories which could give us alik morals.
There was no intention that i preceive things better than anyone here. I say whatever i want to say, i am free for that you know. The other thing, like you mentioned presents something hardfeeling of you on my reply, if this is the case, and my reply was annoying to you then i would say please forgive me Keshav...there was no eagerness to land up in commotion my friend.

pmalhan
February 10th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Well said Hemant, we should take things in right spirit and avoid leg pulling...

cooljat
February 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hemant bhai take it easy :)
aajkal kuch log bas yahan apni frust nikalne hi aate hein :rolleyes:
anyways....chalo koi naa hum to aise hi samaj sewa karte rehte hein :p :)
tu jyada khush mat naa ho tu bhi un bathere *frustoos* mein se ek hai :p ;)

keep it up guys!!

Rock on
Jit

Good stuffs Jit !!!!!!

Well, Keshav has also done wonderful job by giving his precious time in finding some kind of similar stuffs to excel the moral story posted by Jit; alas, he could not find better story and ended up with the same three times. in other words it is quite enthusiastic and supportive for this story. His work is really helped us to know that how many people liked this story at different places to give some kind of good information to public. Which ultimately acknowledge the work of Jit. Well done !

keshavdahiya
February 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Just quoting you to make you understand how harmful your new signature is for yourself :D

But please don't quote me..I am happy the way I am :)

hahahahhaa bhai prashant aapne hi sahe pehchana, baaaki te aare ghulan ne tyaar sein. :D:D:D:D