PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the president of India?

desijat
February 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Today TDP announced the candidature of MR. Amitabh Bachchan for next presidential elections and needless to say Samajwadi Party supported it.
Cogress opposed it and BJP is playing safe.

Congress is expected to put forward the name of MR. Sushil Kumar Shinde, miniter of power and BJP is expected to nominate Mr. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, Vice President and left to Nominate MR. Somnath Chaterjee, hnbl speaker, Lok Sabha.

My question here to esteemed intellectual people is, what should be the actual criterion to choose a President or governer.
Cause what we have been seeing here is that those people who lose their worth in politics or whom party wants to keep away e.g. Madan Lal Khurana, Sushil Kumar Shinde, S.M Krishna are mostly nominated and made governers or President.

Just like America, shouldnt people have the power to choose the President?

rsdalal
February 16th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Soldier is the first choice, Scientist is second, but not Kalam, President should be young

chhillar
February 16th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Does it really matter???

VPannu
February 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Does it really matter???
Any good reason that why it doesnt matter???

desijat
February 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Soldier is the first choice, Scientist is second, but not Kalam, President should be young

I believe that minimum age to bethe president in out constitution is 45.... Correct me if i am wrong

itsnavin
February 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Koi farak nahin padta...kisi ko bhee betha do uss seat par...wahan par jaaney ke baad sab ek jaise ho jaatey hain. Take Kalam's example...he's a learned man with with strong background but now he's become a political puppet. I know he must be spending some time with ISRO and other related orgn. but president in India is merely a chief guest at gathering. His main job is to cut ribbons and inagurate projects, lay foundation stones and some overseas visits. I would strongly recommend Lalu for the post...atleast he's an active politician. You can never write him off.

Power in India is supposedly in PMs hand but currently that's not the case as well. It's the people behind PM who rule the nation. You know what I mean...to yeh desh PM & president se nahin chal raha...koi aur hee chala raha hai...

desijat
February 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Power in India is supposedly in PMs hand but currently that's not the case as well. It's the people behind PM who rule the nation. You know what I mean...to yeh desh PM & president se nahin chal raha...koi aur hee chala raha hai...

Long Live Italy:p :p but i know it is actually the IAS who is running the minister.... remember Ji Mantri ji

Samarkadian
February 17th, 2007, 06:23 PM
It could be any person from RK Laksman's Aam Aadmi to Businessman to scientist,provided that has strong candidature to represent nation's face.
Be it old or young, no matters.My personal choice,if asked, would be Dr Karan Singh once again

rohittewatia
February 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
It would be still better to keep these film stars and businessman away from this post.

dndeswal
February 19th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I believe that minimum age to be the president in out constitution is 45.... Correct me if i am wrong

It is 35 years.

For reference, just read this link:

http://www.constitution.org/cons/india/p05058.html

ranjitjat
February 19th, 2007, 01:52 AM
IT SHOULD A JAT OR JATNI = KISAN Farmer
Kisan deserave this honour for long time.
K.NATWAR SINGH
OP CHAUTALA
DR BALRAM JAKHAR or any one from MARTYRS FAMILY

Samarkadian
February 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM
K.NATWAR SINGH
OP CHAUTALA

If OP Chautala and Natwar Singh could be prseident we must not forget our own Runda n Khunda.Atleast they dnt live on your money.Being Jat is not the critaria for the post.

desijat
February 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
O P Chautala doesnt deserve just because he is a jat i think he is better doing in Politics

However K. Natwar Singh is a man who has immense Knowledge but even he would fail to make a good President becaue no matter who, President from politics always tend to be biased towards their party.

So let it be someone who is not form the Politics...

dndeswal
February 19th, 2007, 07:09 PM
O P Chautala doesnt deserve just because he is a jat i think he is better doing in Politics

However K. Natwar Singh is a man who has immense Knowledge but even he would fail to make a good President becaue no matter who, President from politics always tend to be biased towards their party.

So let it be someone who is not form the Politics...

Why Chautala does not deserve? If a half-literate Sardarji (Giani Zail Singh) can be elected just because he was a Sikh, what is the harm in Chautala being elected just because of him being a Jat?

Just theoretically - we all know that it is a futile debate and simply by our discussing the subject here will not bear any fruit.

desijat
February 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Why Chautala does not deserve? If a half-literate Sardarji (Giani Zail Singh) can be elected just because he was a Sikh, what is the harm in Chautala being elected just because of him being a Jat?

Just theoretically - we all know that it is a futile debate and simply by our discussing the subject here will not bear any fruit.

You surely missed the point of my point....

I say no politician should be made the PResident because >

The post kills the talent and binds their hand with limitation
As mentioned above, only a few politicians can make an unbiased character.

Moreover, i made that comment on the names mentioned above and if i was to choose i would Choose Natwar Singh because that guy carries knowledge as he has held several portfolios and has a fair past(besides Iraq issue which is not yet proved).

saharan21
February 19th, 2007, 08:49 PM
chautal as president of india.
that would be the joke of the centuary.
if you want a jat as a president then there are many other optains available but surely chautala is not among them. he is corrupt,has links with criminals and moreover a dictator minded person.
please put this thread in humour column as it looks very funny :D CHAUTALA AS PRESIDENT OF INDIA:D

sktewatia
February 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
K.NATWAR SINGH
OP CHAUTALA

Why can't it be you, Sir?

dndeswal
February 20th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Why can't it be you, Sir?

And why not you, Tewatia Sir? We want a talented, young Jat like you to fight this election - whatever may be the result ! Jats do not bother about results. If you need sponsorship from some MPs, we would manage !:)

ritu
February 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM
hahahhaa.runda and khunda.my vote goes 4 them too.
If OP Chautala and Natwar Singh could be prseident we must not forget our own Runda n Khunda.Atleast they dnt live on your money.Being Jat is not the critaria for the post.

sktewatia
February 21st, 2007, 12:03 AM
And why not you, Tewatia Sir? We want a talented, young Jat like you to fight this election - whatever may be the result ! Jats do not bother about results. If you need sponsorship from some MPs, we would manage !:)

a scientist can never afford to joke.

desijat
February 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM
:)
a scientist can never afford to joke.

Quite an Irony

Kalam is one too....:)

rohittewatia
February 21st, 2007, 03:19 AM
My vote goes to Chautala.

mukeshkumar007
February 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
jat ke president banne se kye hojyaga... pehle se hi ghane lambi list hai jat politicians ki kye musal phaad diya???... sare ek jaise hojya hai weha jane par...
aur pher har jageh hi jat wat thodi na chalya kare hai jo deserve kare wo banjyaga yaa phir jiski ganit achi hai wo....

rakeshdahiya
March 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
I would not want someone like Choutala to be President of India.....we all know the reason why and one of the worthy members above has quite nicely tried to summarize it in one line.....

The post of the President of India is ceremonial one and therefore doesnt carries much weight....but it surely does provide a nice platform to different political parties to judge thier strength.....and see if they can install one of their own choice and liking....SP wants Amitbh, Leftiest want Somnath, BJP Wants somebody else...........I think they should just agree on either kalam as he is doing a good job or install somebody who has a good record of public service......if Devi lal would have been alive, I would have supported him...............Cheers

sunildabas
March 2nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
What abt T.N. Sheshan, very bold man, changed the scinerio of election commision. may be able to do something as president.

sidchhikara
March 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
The president is a drain on taxpayers money - i wish they didnt have one

mann123
March 4th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I vote for Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam for one more term. He is doing a great job I think.

sunildabas
March 4th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I vote for Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam for one more term. He is doing a great job I think.

You are quite right sir. BJP and even the whole of NDA is ready to support him again but Dr. APJ Abdul kalam is not ready for one more term so we have to make a new choice.

trueblueindian
March 5th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Any good reason that why it doesnt matter???

still any doubts left vivek.... i didnt followed the whole thread .... but if i may ask ???? wot is the megere significance of a president in this country... more or less it has been prooved that India's president has been a political appointee and "NOTHING MORE"

to vikas = US president =equals to = our prime minister

sad but true the rights of interference given to our president seem to be too less or for that matter and if he has rights no indian has ever witnessed them to be exerscised ... only god knows why...

may be its the politics of this country that since start (1947/1950) that this loophole was discovered by humble yet selfish politicins and the trend continues till date :(

I WISH MY PRESIDENT WAS MORE POWERFULL THAN TO BE CAPABLE OF HANDLING HUMANITARIAN ISSUES AND GUN SALUTES..... THE SUPREME POWER HAS TO BE SUPREME... WELL according to me that's the only answer of controlling the mess going around............................................ .

lotz of :confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :( :o on this topic :(

trueblueindian
March 5th, 2007, 01:08 AM
What abt T.N. Sheshan, very bold man, changed the scinerio of election commision. may be able to do something as president.

very true sunil......... he's the MAN.... but if u dont know he fought for it aswell and all selfish politicians and political parties came on one side to make sure he got defeated .... reasons we all know... its hard and wrong to say that I/WE cant do nything but than that remains a fact.... charged up battries DO SUMTHING WORTHFULL IF U CAN INSTEAD OF COMMENTING.... I AM HONESTLY SEARCHING A PRESDENT / A LEADER IN YOU PEOPLE :confused: i wish dserving candidate gets this post this time and MAY HE / SHE proove to be the truest son of this soil.... and for heavens sake excuse Mr. chautala and his likes to be even discussed here for this post..... after all they cant afford to be puppets.............hahhahahahhahaha ............. GOD BLESS THIS NATION ............. we need a gud strong leader ,might aswell he/she is a PM or PRESIDENT.... coz lot needs to be set right here

ravileo
March 9th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Brother yaahn per sub ne apne view rakh hien hain
In my point okf view neither MR. Shekhwat, AB , Shinde Nor Lakshmi Pandit

But agian I wish Prez. Kalam to acquire throne bec. I know him very well personaly.

If you people wish to interact with him then mail him on this id
presidentofindia@rb.nic.in

he will surely reply to u like me.

thanks

panghaal2000
March 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
i agree with Mr. samar singh that Dr. karan singh is a good candidate for this post,but i wud also say that Mr. kalam was also doing a fine job,especially i liked his gesture when he returned the ofice of profit bill back to parliament for re assessment,though we all know that nothing considerable was done in that case because literaally his hands are chained,he has not the power.

rkumar
March 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
If I have my wish, I would like to see a woman president in India. My choice would have been Sushmita Sen. Unfortunately she is just 31 years. She is beautiful, modern, intelligent and a very determined woman. I don't put her in the catagory of film personality. Since post of president is more of cermonial, she or any other intelliugent woman will do a great job. I am against all the ex rulars like Karan Singh etc..

If it has to be a scientist, I would like Dr Anil Kakodkar and not Kalam as he already had his share of presidency.

President of India should be someone who is known internationally by his/ her work and achievements.

RK^2

rakeshdahiya
March 9th, 2007, 09:58 PM
RK Saab i am wth u in supporting Sushmita sen;s candidature...........after all the president has just to cut the ribbons, generally speaking...............she will be the best person to for thta..............seriously...........i mean it........

If I have my wish, I would like to see a woman president in India. My choice would have been Sushmita Sen. Unfortunately she is just 31 years. She is beautiful, modern, intelligent and a very determined woman. I don't put her in the catagory of film personality. Since post of president is more of cermonial, she or any other intelliugent woman will do a great job. I am against all the ex rulars like Karan Singh etc..

If it has to be a scientist, I would like Dr Anil Kakodkar and not Kalam as he already had his share of presidency.

President of India should be someone who is known internationally by his/ her work and achievements.

RK^2