PDA

View Full Version : Memory,Mind and Body- An Introduction (Based on ancient Roman and Greek method )

ravileo
February 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
chapter 1:)
MEMORY - Introduction

Just imagine what would happen if we suddenly lose our memory ? Just stop ans think about this for two minutes. During the Second World War many soldiers lose their memory through shell shock. People, who were on the point of drowining ans were shaved, relate that in a second their whole life flashed on their minds in vivid detail. This shows us hoe well the memory stores up impressions.

Our brain is like a huge library, containing lakhs of books but no catalogue, no systematic arrangement of books. If you have to find a book of your choice from such a library, what could be the possible way ? Yes , there is only one and only one way to find a book from a library without a catalouge i.e. to go from book to book to see whether the particular book is there or not. In this process you may pass or fail to find it. In case you fail to find it, you will say that particular book is not present in the library but the fact is you are unable to to locate the book, unable to trace to the book. Similar is the case with our brain. Everything which we have seen, heard or felt is being secured permanently in one or the other part of the brain. But sometimes we are unable to recall or find the extact location of that data or thought and we say we have forgotten.

For example,today you get introduced with someone with someone say, Mr. Ravi and after a lapse of time you again meet him in the market or in a park. It is quite possible that you are unable to recall his name and you simply say, sorry gentleman I know you some how but forgotten your name. At that instance, if that person gives you four options that his name may be Ravi, Mohan, Arun, Tarun. You will instantly recall his name and say, yes you are Ravi.

This shows that you have not forgotten his name but the only problem was you were unable to tace his name in your memory. It happens, because we don't have any mental catalouge to refer to.
Whenever we have to recall something, we have to remember something, we just start searching it randomly in the library of our brain and the moment, we are unable to find it, we assume that we have forgotten that particular thing.

So, friends this means we need a mental catalogue for the ready reference, to make our recalling and remembering efficiently.

NOW WE WILL LEARN HOW TO MAKE MENTAL CATALOGUE

The two parts of brain:

We can divide our brain into two parts i. e. left part and the right part.

The left part is responsible for verbalization, logical analysis, calculation, sequential step by step thinking and abstraction. It is usedc by teachers , lecturers and professors who do all their teaching through words only, as when teaching mathematics, social science, management, pure scuence, languages, literature(as taught when teaching), logic phliosophy, phychology, education and theologoy. The right part is responsible for visualization, fine arts (drawing, painting, sculpture, drama, dance, and music dance), literature(dreams and fantasy) etc.

It is connected with seeing things synthetically concretely, as a whole. To the great loss of the students, teachers, lecturers, and professors hardly ever help to develop this hemisphere and many of them look down upon any of these right brain activities.

The musician who recalls a melody which he has only once may not be able to remember you and your name, and the fellow who startles you by remembering your name ten yeard after your first and only meeting may not be able to recall a melody which he has heard dozen or more times. In and around your family and friends you will quickly find that these statements are correct. Do not believe anyone who tell you either that he has a wonderful memory or that he cannot rely on his memory at all. You hesr suvh generalisations, every day, but they do not mean any thing. We cannnot know much about our friend's until he answers a great numbers of questions, such as :

How good is your memory for names and faces ?

How good is your memory for numbers ?

Hkow good is your memory for appointments especially for those, which are not connected with our business ?

How log can you remember the contents of a book you read or of a film, you see ?

Can you remember the cards, which have been played in a bridge ?

Is there a difference between in your ability to remember things, which happened (a) last month and (b) ten years ago ? ( you will notice that older people remember things which happened in their childhood much better than those which happened a short while ago. We shall discus the ressons for this facts later on. )

After having finished your surevy, you will be convinced that there is nobody who can answer all these questions in the affirmative unless you happen to come across somebody who has already practiced somememory training. The ultimate goal of our memory work is not so much to create outstanding abilities as to bring our memory in general to higher level. The difference between a trained and an untrained memory itself does not necessarily lie in remembering words or numbers or boks or appointments or business facts, but it reveals itself in the ability to remember all the things, which we must know in order of conduct our affairs smoothly.

All our knowledge rests on memory. You would not be able to read this article and I should not be able to write it if we could not remember the alphabet and the meanings of words and sentences. No progress in civilization or culture would be possible without memory, since every new invention rests in the kind of knowledge previously gained and remembered.

Hi

Members of jatland I am Ravi Godara living in Jaipur but originaly from vill. Alakhpura Godaran in Lakshmangarh tehsil of Sikar. At present I am doing graduation and my dream is to win WORLD MEMORY CHAMPIONSHIP (WMC). To qualify for this championship you must be at least a record holder in local level book and at international like Limca Book of Records first then Guiness Book too. This championship is toughest of one that not a single Indian has won it yet and want to win it.
But why I am doing all this. Because I want to bring a revolution of memory enhancement in India and the name I have given to it is -------------------------- . Soon you will be aware of it.
This is my first chapter on memory soon I will launch another chapter to improve and enhance memory of Jatlandmembers.
All are welcome and write me as much as possible so I can sove your problems on memory
Thanks
Ravi Godara
(National Memory Record Holder )
Limca Book of Records
India Book of Records
National Book of Honour
Guiness app. too

cooljat
February 20th, 2007, 02:49 PM
very gud info Ravi bhai!!
keep it up dear!!

Rock on!
Jit

abhimanyusindhu
February 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Good work ravi.....is there any method to increase memory...or its by birth...i m talkin abt memory power....

MKadwa
February 20th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Such a nice stuff there you have provide us.

But could you please tell us, How to make a mental cataloge?

I am impatiently waiting for your reply !! :)

netrapalsingh
February 21st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Such a nice stuff there you have provide us.

But could you please tell us, How to make a mental cataloge?

I am impatiently waiting for your reply !! :)

very nice ravi...........

netra....

narendra81
February 21st, 2007, 12:45 PM
good information bhai ravi.....
keep posting like this....

ravileo
February 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
yes there r many methods to improve memory Abhimanuji

no It was thought that it is by birth but recent studies by American Scientist it not by birth but it depens on some conditions

whic i will clear in next chaper

thanks

ravileo
February 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Mental catalogue will be covered in next chapters'

thanks 4 ur interest

priti
February 22nd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Looking forward to your next chapter.....

rajeshrathee
February 22nd, 2007, 04:24 AM
Very good information Ravi ji

Looking forward to your next set of informations.

Best of luck for yout intention to win "WORLD MEMORY CHAMPIONSHIP". My best wishes are always with you.

Now if you have thought of winning it, you will definately win it

sktomer777
February 22nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
eagerly waiting for ur next article...u provided nice examples regarding memory....
provide some tips to enhance memory...

ravileo
February 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
hello

jatland members thanku for ur egarness about my next chapter it will loaded soon

keep reading and smiling

thanks

abhimanyusindhu
February 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Bhai Ravi ebb yo baat thik koni laaghi....:confused:...jaat ne bol raha hai kei patience rakhio..yo ye to chezz se jo jaaton mei kooni.......:D:D:D:D.

ravileo
February 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Bhai Ravi ebb yo baat thik koni laaghi....:confused:...jaat ne bol raha hai kei patience rakhio..yo ye to chezz se jo jaaton mei kooni.......:D:D:D:D.

sorrry

per jab tak 500 log isse nahi pad le te i can go forward

rajeshrathee
February 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Ravi bhai

aap karam karo phal ki ichcha mat karo.

You have started such a good thread please don't put ay conditions on it.

Its just an advice, rest is upto you.

trueblueindian
February 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM
looking forward ravi and also wishing u best of luck in your future endeauvers