PDA

View Full Version : Duty , Responsibility and Desire

bls31
February 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
How does one cope with the conflicting requirements of Duty Responsibility and Desire when in a crisis situation. was in such a situation
in 1962

with the Chinese facing us, a sick mother and old father at home and a young wife and a small child 2000 Kms away,

I am so glad that I was able to put my personal worries, requirements and desires on the back-burner and got going with what was to be done at that time.

Some of us may like to share their experiences when in identical situations
BLS

spdeshwal
February 23rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
with the Chinese facing us, a sick mother and old father at home and a young wife and a small child 2000 Kms away,

I am so glad that I was able to put my personal worries, requirements and desires on the back-burner and got going with what was to be done at that time.

Sir,

People like you are the chosen one for the special occasions like this.
Fortunate are those who lead a life like you have described. For me, it is a heavenly scene, beyond my imagination and imitation.

I know I am not capable of but still trying to visualize the weaker and stronger imotions you must be going through at that time as indicated by you.
Then, a wave of fresh and cool air would bring a divine message like the great poet, Jaishaker Prasad descrbes in his poem "Paranaygeet"

Oh good son of the motherland, don't hesitate, Oh brave heart,
Demolish the enemy camp like a raging fire,
You are brave, be triumphant, march on, march on.

The sacred motherland, strong with mountain ranges—
Self enlightened, the burning desire of freedom calls –
Immortal, brave son that you are, think hard,
The road you have taken is a holy one, march on, march on.
(translated from Hindi)

That is how, all the huldles on the 'holy road' disappear and only thing you see is the Supreme Goal.

I salute you sir! And please accept my gratitude for serving the motherland even at the cost of most precious relations in your life.

Sateypal

bls31
March 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words, I was too busy to think of any thing but the task ahead. Also a first timer was unawares of the threat to limb and life, at that time of life BLs

skarmveer
March 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Aapko aadersahit Naman,

Priority decided by you was really great and its the only way but we are not so strong hence makes mistake. If I got an opportunity like this, I will try my
best to follow you sir.

Peoples like you are the real hero, I salute you sir.

With Best Regards

How does one cope with the conflicting requirements of Duty Responsibility and Desire when in a crisis situation. was in such a situation
in 1962

Some of us may like to share their experiences when in identical situations
BLS

yatinder19
March 21st, 2007, 12:40 PM
Soldier dies but never quits...
This is the spirit we should have...
Becos of people like you we are styaing in a free country....
keep it up sir...

raj2rif
March 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Dear Sir,

When we take the final step in to the Cehtwood Building, it is clearly written that duty to nation will come first always and every time. While we all have our duties towards our parents, and children, a soldier does take an oath of duing duty to the nation first always and every time. So, for a true soldier there is little to choose from. The oath makes the task simpler.

I wish the same is practiced in all profession. Such a commitment makes the job that much easier.

Kindly share your rich experience with the members. It will definitely benefit all of us.

bls31
March 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the call, will keep in touch Regards Brig lakshman

bls31
March 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Dear Sir,

When we take the final step in to the Cehtwood Building, it is clearly written that duty to nation will come first always and every time. While we all have our duties towards our parents, and children, a soldier does take an oath of duing duty to the nation first always and every time. So, for a true soldier there is little to choose from. The oath makes the task simpler.

I wish the same is practiced in all profession. Such a commitment makes the job that much easier.

Kindly share your rich experience with the members. It will definitely benefit all of us.

Some thing in the same vain, also amplifying the duel a life a soldier has to lead soldier, but a life by choice
BLS

Laments Of The Husband with Two Wives

It was in Jun 55 that I was married to my second wife, my first marriage, it was with all the pomp and ceremony. Parade, with marching columns, Brass band in attendance, VIP's presiding, relations, friends, colleagues, and a multitude of others.
I was on top of the world, having just braved the long and arduous ceremony, still decked in finery.
Little did I know that my new wife, my new love, had other plans for me. Demanding total submission, whimsical and unpredictable by nature, expecting and getting 24-hour attention, her control over me was total-deep, pervasive and complete, courtesy the ubiquitous Tele J.
My life style was totally controlled by her norms, I was reminded time and again that I had to follow the customs inherited from her forefathers. I did not even have choice of what I ate and when I ate, the timings were fixed, the menu was decided a week in advance.
Periodically, I would be taken out in wilderness, to asses how well I had been conditioned, physically and mentally even when deprived of basic comforts. At times even tested for if I was brave enough to face a bullet to keep her honor.
However, I was still infatuated by her and the style, glamour and prestige accruing for having tied the knot with her.
Then one day she had competition, her own doing, as she permitted me to marry a second time, to my first wife..
I was in euphoria once again; the two of us living in our own world, alas the paradise lasted, only, till the leave of absence, a wedding gift, having run its course, came to an end. I was in a dilemma. Short of words and bereft of any logic to convince her, as to why she, a citizen, free to travel anywhere in the country, could not accompany me to where I was going. I did not have any option but to report back to the Second, abandoning the bride of few days, leaving her perplexed and heartbroken... Some thing that happened time and time again.
Alas, one day, exactly after 30years of devoted servitude, the Second, perpetually young, decided that I had become too old for her and pensioned me off.
I was now free to spend more time with Jeet and try to compensate for having neglected her all this time. The damage however had already been done, the pain suffered, hurt felt and tensions borne during the earlier life, had their cumulative effect and one day she also left me for her heavenly abode.
Abandoned by one and discarded by the other, I, now left alone, divide my lonely hours in longingly looking at the Photo hanging on the wall and with nostalgia at the uniform in the cupboard.